Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks Patrick ( again! ) for bringing this one up to GSCE standards. You know what's cool about this track? I've been racing there myself for around 30yrs. Thursday night motocross baby! And now , I live about 1.2 miles from the track , so on Sat-Sun mornings when the cars are running I can hear them plain as day. Not with the windows closed , but if the windows are open , it's like waking up late to sweet music! The sounds of Romping V8's , V6's and some 4 bangers hitting the rev limiter! Yeehaawww!!

Thank you friends, but I still have doubts, here are some examples (Road Course):

1998 Road America : Course Permanent road course - 4.048 mi / 6.515 km
Distance 50 laps, 202.4 mi / 325.75 km - Duration: 1.35.30
1998 Laguna Seca : Course Permanent road course - 2.238 mi / 3.602 km
Distance 83 laps, 185.754 mi / 298.966 km - Duration: 1.55.13
1998 Portland : Course Permanent road course - 1.967 mi / 3.17 km
Distance 98 laps, 192.766 mi / 310.66 km - Duration: 1.54.06

Tnx.
Portland and Laguna Seca are two races full of yellow flags and safety cars, that's why they last for so long - compared to Road America. Hope I help. I'm not quite sure what you have been asking for.

I do not use a creator anymore, instead I use this:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...game-stock-car-2013.73334/page-3#post-1823987

It really is worth trying - you don't have to worry about setting up the season first, just run a single race with whatever setting you want, then add it to the calendar in this little utility. It will work out driver and constructor points and build your championship as you go along. Works well, and is well worth the time it takes to get used to it.

Thanks again.
Road Course considered only the question is:
How is defined the duration of the race? Number of laps, distance or time?
I know the limitations of the SCE (1: 40h / 100laps), just wanted the correct parameter to customize my races. Tnx.

• Deleted member 130869

Thanks again.
I know the limitations of the SCE (1: 40h / 100laps), just wanted the correct parameter to customize my races. Tnx.

Multiply the number of laps from the examples posted by the pole position qualifying time. I suspect they are targeted to fall within a specific range, much like Formula 1.

• Deleted member 130869

Kyalami needs some AI adjustment as the game struggles keeping these cars from spinning on certain corner exits. But so happy :D.

Thanks again.

Are you talking about what the races went by? If so the whole season went by the number of laps, duration didnt matter, they went till all the laps were complete.

Ok @Troy Barman , @gamer19 and @Gui Cramer , without success so far.
Based on the true season 1998 and only road course circuits, I will try to rephrase the question:
What calculation factor is used to determine the amount of laps of a race?

Example real F1, factor is distance of 305km, then 305km / Distance Circuit - determines the amount of laps, or 2h timeout if any abnormal conditions accidents and many yellow flags...

Recalling that according to the posted examples, this F1 calculation does not make sense here. So how would the CART 1998?
Tnx.

The road course races were all different distances, I couldnt tell you why apart from maybe thats what the promotors/organizers wanted, but it if your trying to make an rfm championship or something your better off trying to just make a points table in excel spreadsheet or something and use single race instead.

I am curious about the team's or Reiza's links with the real racing series given the lack of a license. Getting a professional team to produce the physics is obviously a great thing but if the people producing the physics have no access to the real cars or teams or data this will affect the authenticity.

I'm not sure of Reiza's association with any aspect of V8SC. Based on the current Reiza Cars, I have no issue in regards to Reiza doing V8SC physics nor should the community from what they have done so far.

SRA have been lucky enough to get Information, Specs, Images etc from a Source, that has helped get the mod to where it is now and we are very confident based on that that we can reproduce this in game with the support from Reiza, and Bring a detailed Touring mod to the community.

I understand what people are asking and probably a bit sceptic about it, and in some ways they have a right to as SRA have never done a project like this before. But Reiza wouldn't have looked at this if they didn't feel something for it.
We feel that we don't need to justify every little thing within the project. A number of Details are being kept for those that Pledge to the project.
In due time we will release details on the progress of the Mod, updated images etc. and upon release we will let the community judge it. :)

The 1 thing we wont do is Rush it or Skimp on detail to get it out there. Once the crowd funding finishes, the work will continue with the Models and then like any modding, we will fine tune the details, Once we have 1 Model Finished to the Standard we want , we will then look to Testing.

We just ask for patience. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back