Resource icon

Tracks Portland (2 Seasons, 2 Layouts) 1.21

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Vanport (2 seasons, 2 layouts) - Vanport for Automobilista

vanport01.201661918312.jpg

vanport02.201661918433.jpg

Hi everyone.
Here comes Vanport to celebrate the CART mod release!

GSC version revisited concerning trees, water, crowd, dynamic track, etc.
I have added the non-chicane version and a summer layout for both chicane and non-chicane track.

Many thanks to Alex Sawczuk for the original track
Thanks to Gringo for the new AIW
Thanks to Denis for...

Read more about this resource...

Woohoo!

Cannot wait to relive my old ICR2 days. I went to this race in 97' - had a fantastic day of it.

Huge thanks for this.

Thanks Patrick and team.

Also a big fan of ICR2. Started it up recently and boy does it look bad now but it was great at the time.

Went to this race in 2000 and took this at the first corner. Looks like a typical simrace to me :)

cart_portland.png

Yes it's happening, we had this track in our league and had to change to the no chicane version because the penalty in T1 is insane.
Also for some reason this track is giving me 100% disk use what makes the game freeze someitmes, never seen this before.

Patrick Giranthon updated Portland (2 seasons, 2 layouts) with a new update entry:

This mantanance update fixes cut track and improves AI starts on the chicane version

AIW, sorted out the cut track issues at the chicane, some improvement to AI making the chicane after a standing start. Tweaks to lane spacing and groove width, Latest AI parameters
TDF, rebuild with expanded terrain effects for runoff, pit lane, add some missing parameters , correct some parameter values
SCN, random clouds enabled

The 3d sawtooth curbs and the tall triangle curbs have reduced height to help keep the AI from "tripping" on them.

Packed some loose GMT's into the MAS from the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update! One of my favorite tracks! Wish this would also be available in Assetto Corsa.
One thing I noticed when I tried out your new version: the AI seems pretty slow in turns 4, 4a and 5 (the three right handers after the chicane). Check map here.

I don’t know if it’s car related, I just tried it with the Formula Classic @ 105% strenght.

Beside from that great track as always, top notch quality. :)

the AI seems pretty slow

You're just too good for them. What lap times do you set in the FC?

:cool:

Keep in mind last changelog for AMS says something about reduced aggression for AI.

Maybe you need to turn the AI strength up a bit to match you skill now.

For myself I can beat the AI at 105 in certain cars... other cars they put me in my place at the back of the pack, as they should.

Last edited:
I’m doing low .59 in Portland, but I’d call myself an average simracer speedwise.
Now I had the agression at medium level, perhaps I’ll rise it next time.

You're right by mentioning the AI speed with certain cars. In the CART mod 100% is enough for me, as far as i remember.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back