Porting from PCars 2 to AMS2

I really enjoy the Nissan GTP-ZXT in PCARS2 and would like to make it available to me in AMS2. Is it possible to port this car over and if so where could I find instructions to do so.

Yes, definitely possible. Several Projects Cars vehicles have already been ported by highly skilled modders. And yes, definitely NOT easy. You just have to hope a car you like is also interesting enough to these modders for them to go through the significant effort to port it over. I have several on my wish list but I'm not holding my breath ;)

Sorry for my ignorance and not being purely on the topic, but this is what I already was wondering and it seems to me the perfect place to ask......

As much as PC2 and AMS2 look alike, isn't it so that they have a completely different engine?
PC2 Unreal and AMS2 Madness?

Sorry for my ignorance and not being purely on the topic, but this is what I already was wondering and it seems to me the perfect place to ask......

As much as PC2 and AMS2 look alike, isn't it so that they have a completely different engine?
PC2 Unreal and AMS2 Madness?
No it's the same engine, Reiza licensed it from SMS but have changed a lot and added a few things in the years of developing AMS2, so porting cars over 1:1 probably wouldn't work very well. You probably have to redo phyiscs to some extent to make the cars function properly.

Yes it's not a 1:1 convert really. You have advanced damage model to implement. Driveline flex is new. Have to use the tires and sounds that are already in game. They've added a significant amount of code to the cars in AMS2.

While it wouldn't be easy, I'd love for some content from PC2 to get ported over to AMS2. The Jaguar XJR9 would be awesome for Group C, the Nissan ZX GTP would be great to, to create a late 80s IMSA GTP field with the Jag, Chevy, and Porsches.

I'd also love to see the 2016 LMP1s, the Nissan Ligier, the older GTEs (Ferrari, Ford, Porsche, and Aston) to be able to assemble a 2016 WEC grid.

There's so much content that's potential was wasted with the unfinished state of PC2. This isn't even naming the Group 5 cars, GTOs, LMP900s, some GT1s not present in AMS2, late 70s prototypes, etc.

And on the track front you have classics like Fuji, older Le Mans, current Le Mans, and a few others that would also be awesome additions to AMS2.

"The Jaguar XJR9 would be awesome for Group C, the Nissan ZX GTP would be great to, to create a late 80s IMSA GTP field with the Jag, Chevy, and Porsches."

Completely agree! Have been watching some of these vintage IMSA GTP races on YouTube and it would be awesome to replicate them in AMS 2 especially since it's the only game (aside from AC of course) that includes the Corvette GTP. Add some more GTOs to complement VRC's Audi GTO and off to the races we go!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back