Porsche wheel

• Matt Crouch

Had a GT3 RS on order since June so should be getting it fairly soon. Didn't go for the pedals though as I think they would be too big for my stand and a bit much moneys. Seems like a decent review though

Fanatec used to have a forum here but I think it was removed

Had a GT3 RS on order since June so should be getting it fairly soon. Didn't go for the pedals though as I think they would be too big for my stand and a bit much moneys. Seems like a decent review though

Fanatec used to have a forum here but I think it was removed

I have the Turbo S wheel and clubsport pedals on order because its the only one compatible across the 3 formats I use - PC, PS3 and 360.

Yeah its a shame about the forum, their own one looks cheap and amateurish and not reflective of the high quality devices they produce. The forum here at RD looked professional and had a hell of a lot more activity.

I don't know, not tried the GT3 wheel and my Turbo S wheel is on pre order still. AFAIK they both use the same FF system which I hope will be a litle less 'notchy' than my G25.

Thanks for posting that, I forgot that chart was there. The one big difference I'll miss by buying the Turbo S is the Alacantra leather used on the GT3, other than that I gain wireless compatibility (for the PS3 and PC) and the back lit buttons but other than that they appear to use the same belt driven system which as I said hope is smoother than the slightly notchy feel of the Logitech G25.

Danny great link, thanks m8. MIght aswell get the Turbo S once pocket permits, all depends on what Logitech come up with the G27.

I'd be surprised if the G27 is 360 compatibility. I don't know if its Logitech of Microsoft who are the reason behind the lack of support but I do recall a post by a Logitech rep on their forums almost a year ago IIRC saying it was a licensing issue which stopped compatibility and something with the electronics and the way devices interface with the 360 meant making some sort of adaptor for the G25 was not possible either.

Click here for the Logitech G27 discussion

About that Porsche wheel, why is everybody so thrilled with it? The only guys reviewing/hyping it are insidesimracing in every episode. Apart from them i hardly see any reviews of that product, that make me want to buy it.

Best thing is that it is compatible with pc and xbox and their pedals look good. Would be nice to get a test set and write a review of it and judge it ourselves.

Click here for the Logitech G27 discussion

About that Porsche wheel, why is everybody so thrilled with it? The only guys reviewing/hyping it are insidesimracing in every episode. Apart from them i hardly see any reviews of that product, that make me want to buy it.

Best thing is that it is compatible with pc and xbox and their pedals look good. Would be nice to get a test set and write a review of it and judge it ourselves.

I think its a bit unfair to say only insidesimracing are hyping it, there are a number of other reviews out there as well as YouTube video's from users. With the cost being quite high I've thought long and hard over my purchase and I don't give much weight to the insidesimracing reviews anyway. I'd be happy to post my comparison between my current G25 and the 911 Turbo S when it arrives but then I generally don't put much stock in those either because often people post glowing reviews because its their shiny new toy :) Suffice to say I need a wheel compatible across the three formats I use and to my knowledge the Fanatec offering is the only one. I've tried the official Microsoft 360 wheel and for me it doesn't give me a satisfactory experience though others may disagree I wanted something closer in spec to my G25.

but the g25 has a big advantage over the fanatec wheel
it has a shifter while the fanatec doesn't have one

The GT3 doesn't have the shifter AFAIK (can be bought separately) but the 911 Turbo S does, sequential and H-pattern though I think the way Logitech has their gearshift able to be separately clamped is a better solution than the rods used on the Fanatec but I may reconsider once I've actually got my hands on one and see how sturdy it is.

Personally the GT3 looks way better than the G25.
If the GT3 wheel had been out when i had bought my G25, i would of bought the GT3 instead of it.

Looks Way better and the Pedals OMG

I've had the GT3 RS wheel for some weeks now and I love it. It's a lot more precise than my old Momo wheel, and the FFB is also far better when it comes to details (and strength).

I'm still waiting for my pedals though. Should get them in August some time.

In Norway the G25 and the Fanatec wheel costs about the same, so I opted for Fanatec (allthough it's a long wait).

Hehe poking helped, now we finally get arguments pro and con.

Question, aren't the wheel and pedals not shipped at the same time? How do you solve that in the meantime?

• Matt Crouch

With a different set of pedals, e.g. connecting the G25 and the GT3RS to the computer at the same time... I think there's going to be an adaptor to plug the G25 pedals straight into the GT3RS shipped in the second shipment

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%