RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Too bad we can't watch the broadcast, i really enjoy Ryan's commentating skills.

Really enjoyed myself last night, hard, clean, fair and intensive racing with the best guys at RD, what more one could have asked for :).
Bearing in memory the unfortunate ( for me ) last event at Watkins a few months ago and knowing this track will be used for prequally for ATCC i have spent many hours practicing and ironing the setup with my friend Kane, and it paid off :) :). Both races i finished on podium and in 2nd overall after Keith and in front of Jesper, happy with that :). I was consistant and didn't have too many ''ups'' moments, more important no spin in T.1 as i hate this corner :) And due to superior torque in my lovely bmw diesel i could easly defend on straights from the ''faster in corners'' guys :). Special congrats to Kane Lasky for his superb race in the sister bmw as i've '' forced :hammer:'' him to go the RWD way:tongue::D. Watch out for this guy in future as he is a rapid learner ( shouldn't be surprised knowing he is a profesional real life motorbike racer:cool: ) and will be a very strong force to be recon with in ATCC.

WD all and thx for racing.

Drivername:Adam Vaughan
I understand the golden rules:Yes

Can I make a suggestion that all staff instructions get put in the first post because Im searching through this thread to find them and its easier for people to see the instructions.

if you can stop rolling NINJA in the forums that would be easier for me to accomplish your request.:tongue: that being said, I knwo the Watkins Glen event was a hugely long thread with al lof the additional stuff with skins and broadcasting etc.:rolleyes:

I'll start reserving a post slot in the future for the "Special information"

cheers!

Cheers!

Rolling Starts

Once the pole sitter has reached the Satrt / Finish Line he will then accelerate at full speed and the race will be underway. YOU MAY NOT pass or jump out of line until you reach the Start / finish Line.

Being mired at the back for the start of both events -- I have a question... In general (and I am only speaking of NASCAR) -- the whole field starts accelerating when the green flag is waved and no one is allowed to pass until they pass the start/finish line.

Okay, we aren't quite doing our "rolling starts" exactly like NASCAR (as they wave the green flag just prior to the leader getting to the start/finish). Anyway here's my observation/
question. I was under the impression that once the leader passes the Start/Finish the whole grid/pack should start picking up speed, but passing is not allowed until the S/F. Unfortunately being mired in the rear, we don't know when the leader starts the race -- many drivers kept their pace speed until they hit the S/F or got near it. This forces those in the back to drift further back from the pack (and some drivers thinking the race has started -- are forced on their binders as the drivers ahead are awaiting the S/F line before they start accelerating).

So --- For our rolling starts it seems that we have to hold pace until we cross the S/F line (since those in the back have no real signal that the race has started). Though this is a major disadvantage the further you are back in the grid.

I guess I am just looking for a little more clarification on how we are doing these rolling starts. If everyone is "required" to be on TeamSpeak, then the leader can announce that the race has officially started and we can all start to "
accelerate at full speed and the race will be underway". However, if everyone is not on TeamSpeak, I guess we need to specify that the race doesn't really get "underway" until one crosses the S/F line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%