Porsche to quit Le-Mans & WEC

After a re-evaluation in light of recent negative news in the media over the on-going
Software manipulation scandal.
The Board of director have decided to cut the Porsche LMP & WEC program.
They have now Joined Audi & VW who have made drastic cuts to their conventional fossil fuel
Programs.
So continues to be another bad week for flagship motor-sports after the shock of Mercedes pulling
their DTM program.
Also yet another set back for the WEC with only one big factory team all alone in the top class Toyota.
Could this be the end of LMP-1 with to few teams would it be better to just move the much healthier LMP-2 to the fore & make that the Prototype specification for 2018.
This story broke only few hrs ago on the German news & has still not made into the main English Language news feeds yet that I have seen of.

Could you provide a link please! :O_o:
Sure but its all in German for the moment.
This was the original paper braking the story today in Germany.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fo...uf-24-stunden-rennen-in-le-mans-15123592.html
Some English languages site are now says there will be an official announcement in the next 24 hrs.
seems to be still a little confusing in the none German media for now.
An link from an site in English about what is expected to happen now.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/porsche-poised-for-lmp1-exit-announcement/
Sorry for the delay I was picking My girl friend up after she returned from her trip to Berlin.

R.I.P to my favorite Racing Series :cry:

And thanks, ACO...
Don`t forget "Mr. Green" Jean Todt and battery boys from FIA. It was the 1000m electric rule from FIA and still forcing two systems who caused Peugeot to say "non"

But Porsche´s decision isn`t really a surprise, rumours were around for months.

One thing is fact: LMP1-H is dead.

The door is now wide open for an upgradet LMP2 Class like DPI as replacement for LMP1H, with LMP2 still there for the privateers.

Don`t forget "Mr. Green" Jean Todt and battery boys from FIA. It was the 1000m electric rule from FIA and still forcing two systems who caused Peugeot to say "non"

But Porsche´s decision isn`t really a surprise, rumours were around for months.

One thing is fact: LMP1-H is dead.

The door is now wide open for an upgradet LMP2 Class like DPI as replacement for LMP1H, with LMP2 still there for the privateers.
It will not be the first time privateers have kept LMP going when crisis has struck the motor industry in the past
It is just more difficult to market for the likes of the media , with no big factory teams to draw interest & money into the sport.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back