RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Last night was one of those races where I probably should have just gone to bed. I was dead tired, but it was a lot of fun which made it all worth it.

Qual: I found it really hard to get a good clean lap in. Despite there being only 11 or 12 guys on track last night, there seemed to be a lot of traffic on track. After a few attempts I finally got a clean run in and set a 1:23 flat, which was good for pole! :)

Race 1: Got a great start and pushed a bit during the opening laps, which saw me run a little wide a few times on cold tires. I tried to keep the pace in the mid to high 23's for as long as I could, but wasn't able to shake Tyler whom had great pace in the Spyker. The gap was pretty consistent at about 1 second give or take. After a small mistake on my part on lap 10 or so, Tyler was right on my rear bumper. Coming out of T10, Tyler must have dropped a wheel or something as I saw him spin and quickly disappear in my rear view. On the one hand I was relieved, as I wasn't sure how much longer my tires would hold, on the hand I was a little disappointed, as I was looking forward to the battle at hand. Having a 8+ second gap to rear now, I slowed and tried to settle in to a more relaxed rhythm for the final 5 laps or so - keeping a close eye on the gap all the time. I eventually crossed the line to take my first win in some time, which felt great. :D

Race 2: Started from 8th with Yves in front of me and Eric to the right. Got a great start and dove for the gap in the middle - problem was, Eric was diving for the middle as well with Yves seemingly asleep at the wheel. So to say the least with no where to go I got a little nudge from the right and then hit Yves in the rear (sorry!!!), whom was luckily able to keep it straight. After a couple more light hits from behind, we were under way. I had fun battling with Yves, Eric and Dennis and managed to pull of some interesting passes, but ultimately it wasn't to be. The lack of sleep was getting to me and was making one mistake after the other. It all ended after I dropped a wheel coming out of T1 causing the rear to break out. I was able to catch the car and only brushed against the wall lightly, but as I attempted to re-enter - maintaining my momentum - I was surprised to find out that the hay barrels that were used as brake markers at this track were rock solid. The last thing I saw as I came flying across the track was my front end all over the track around me. No point in waiting for the "Damage not repairable message" as my car wasn't gonna go any where in its state. To bad - still had a lot of fun though.

• Stirb Iuliu

Guys, I don't want to be rude, but WHO occupied my place? I can't enter the server. Come on guys..

Ivo, again, I don't want to be inpolite, and ask for a kick but please check the list again, someone entered without asking. Thank you very much .

Sorry to just enter the server and occupy someone else place. I was just browsing through servers, wanted to take a practice session on the Istanbul 06 track, saw race on RD and tried to join.

No offense, guys. I later read the Istanbul topic on the Euro Racing Club forum and found out there was an application.

Again, sorry. Next time I will definitely check the Racing Club thread and sign on on time.

Sorry for the crash Nick in the fast chicane in race 1
You tapped someone (bmw?) and i needed to avoid that car on the right and there where you. :)

Race 1 was overall nice. Had a good battle with Dariusz until he spun and after that a nice battle with James.
Finished 6th

Race 2 started good got the inside and took P1. Pulled away from the group only Marius could catch up.
Had a nice battle but pulled away a little at the end. So P1. :)

Next WTCC is on the orginal Wednesday guys!
Yuri will take the upcoming WTCC events over from me . :)

Race 1: not a bad race after fining it bery hard to setup to car up right 13th to to bad, i am so simon for knock you on lap 1 i just could not stop, waited for simon to get back on track now 18th raced by my back up to 10th by chaseing simon all the way i just can`t over take you in any race or sever:confused:

Race 2 got a good start a missed alot of cars going all ober the place and now 4th carryed on chaseing simon again then Iuliu cam push me and a lap later tryed to pass simon a spun right in front of me a had nowhere to going so we made contact the car is now damage and had to drive carry on hoping for a points finsh kept looking in my mirror and Iuila was sliding everywhere had to tap me out of the way to get push then a lap or so later spun gagin (driving beynod his means was my thoughg but i might ne wrong) any way kept me head down and finshed 6th

Great race IVo/Yuri what about brands next week or Donington :wink:

worst event ever for me :/

qualy*
as expected i got nothing together but had some luck and Xavier infront of me for most of the lap so i could atlest clock a time worth 12th

Race1*
i can only say pffffffffffft got shunted of in turne 4 that guy waited but anyway pretty much last with heavy damage but could close in on the field, at some
point i had a run on Ömer could make it into turne 1 as the 2 ladas in front had a love metting middle of teh road so i got stuck someone behind us decided
to just drive through us from then my car was near undriveable :/ and i runned over the line last with 20 secs to the guy infront

*Race2
had a good start and took advantage of a lot of carnage so i was at lap 3 already into the top 10 then i had a run on Mark Guy and a Honda who was fighting i braked a bit late and runned wide but not wide enough as i probaly nudged Mark and coused him to spin i waited him even i was not sure if i hitted him or if
his spin was coused by the honda if was it i am realy sorry Mark, anyway in Turne 4 i coud see he hot spuned again, tryed to get atleast back in contact with the field again wich worked more or less made a lot of errors with worne tyers but still could climp back up to 14th

thanks RD and Staff for Hosting and orgenizing

Before i only drove this track for some several laps. And it was really hard to keep the car at Turn 7. With a keyboard it kills :redface:.

First race i started 20th or 21th and came 9th at the end of first lap. It was a feeling like a driving an airship in a meteor shower, everyone was coming in, going out, spinning. lol! Then naturally behinders began to overtake me one by one. And Micheal Schippingen hit me at Turn 7. But that was a natural incident.:) So i ended up 16th or 18th ( fish memory i have ) at the end :D.

Second race's start was good again. But at 3rd turn. We were going three side by side. Then the inner car hit the middle one and he hitted me so i went out of the track :(. Then with some people making mistakes i gained some places. Then had a great battle against Pedro Amaral for some laps. That was great! he won the fight of course Congrats ;)

Thank you IVo, Hugo, everyone raced tonight and RD for this great event. Was a good race other than some incidents.

Not a favourite track. So bumpy, that I'm glad that I haven't lost any teeth..:wink:
Race 1: Started quite well could gain a few places and hold it till the first chicane, but before that got a little tap from behind and skidded out. Tried to keep my position and therefore I braked too late into the chicane and tapped Michael from a very bad direction. He lost rear traction and slipped into the middle of the carnage. Felt like I've pushed him into a pool of piranhas... Sorry Michael for that.
We started chasing the back. Could overtake some drivers, had a few small battles.
Race 2: In the first 2 laps I felt like everyone is hunting me. I recieved countless taps and hits at the beginning. Lost many places in these incidents. Most of the time I was lapping alone. At the last laps tried to keep up with Mark.

See you next time!

Fun races and good clean racing tonight, didn't have too many laps practice and ended up mid grid in qualifying.

Race 1 Made progress at the start upto 11th then got a tap from Barry (no hard feelings :cool:) in the chaos down the back section rejoined 13th had good battle with him, Hugo, Dariusz and Michael tothe end. finished in 9th place.
Race 2
Took advantage of some contact ahead up to 4th on the first lap then for most of the race was a close fight between me and James for 3rd place which eventually I took Great racing

Thanks again RD :D

1st race was great. I had some good fights with mr van Scheppingen and a lot others. I managed to get rid ;-) of them and started the hunt at spot 7 but did not make it.

2nd race i was alone on the grid, and that was not funny. There was somethink wrong with my connection. The first thing im gonna do tomorow is get rid of the TELE2 :)

Nice racing all and see you next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years