AC Porsche RSR 3.0 @ Silverstone 67 - Monday 23 Dec 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Porsche 908, Ford GT40 and Ferrari 330 P4 at Monza historic would be cool :)
Or maybe historic LeMans like in the movie LeMans'66 (Ford vs Ferrari) with these cars?
Which is, by the way, a nice movie but I recommend the documentary Shelby American about the famous Carrol Shelby. It's on Netflix (in the Netherlands).

Oh. And something i would have liked would have been a championship with points. I've never seen one. There were some when i first entered, but I don't know how did you sign up for that and I didn't care back then because I knew I had to learn. i still do have to learn, no doubt about it. It was busy something that I would have hopped for. But i guess is in contrast with the rules and the philosophy of club event: fun event more then competition, just friends with a hobby.

The Sunday night GT2/3 events over the last few months have been rather problematic - I'm not pointing any fingers, life gets in the way @ times. Is it possible to have one day during the week dedicated to cars that IRL use paddle shifters. I realise that classic cars are popular among those who are averse to an H pattern shifter:confused:, but it would be nice to race against folk on a more level playing field.

Oh. And something i would have liked would have been a championship with points. I've never seen one. There were some when i first entered, but I don't know how did you sign up for that and I didn't care back then because I knew I had to learn. i still do have to learn, no doubt about it. It was busy something that I would have hopped for. But i guess is in contrast with the rules and the philosophy of club event: fun event more then competition, just friends with a hobby.

Why not create you own unofficial league - google-sheets?

Was the league/championship event that you allude too an AC series?

Why not create you own unofficial league - google-sheets?

Was the league/championship event that you allude too an AC series?
So I keep my score just for myself? :))

don't know. Some were you have the same car? like F3 or skip barber? Or some group C. I would say GT3 or GT4, but you will say that if I want that, just go for ACC. I am not saying championships with 10-15 races, but maybe 5-6. And then you pass to another car. But I guess you can't really keep peoples in if you don't have something real to actually win.

So I keep my score just for myself? :))

don't know. Some were you have the same car? like F3 or skip barber? Or some group C. I would say GT3 or GT4, but you will say that if I want that, just go for ACC. I am not saying championships with 10-15 races, but maybe 5-6. And then you pass to another car. But I guess you can't really keep peoples in if you don't have something real to actually win.

I suppose you could masticate over the results by yourself or you could ask others to join you :cautious: :).

I don't think a physical prize is necessary. A results table covering half a dozen races should be enough for folks to track their progress in different cars. That would enough for me.

I haven't seen any RD championships for a while, so that would be nice.
However, I think that keeping scores would defeat the purpose of the club races, so I don't think it is a good idea to combine a championship with the existing club format.

I haven't seen any RD championships for a while, so that would be nice.
However, I think that keeping scores would defeat the purpose of the club races, so I don't think it is a good idea to combine a championship with the existing club format.

I agree on that. The club races seem to be for enjoying just yourself. You may have had a great race with enjoyable battles at the end of the field and feel the same satisfaction like the winner, who drove it from pole to victory being satisfied by his consistant pace to defend the lead. However the main satisfaction might result from being part of it.

A championship on the other side is about earning points and receiving honor for it. In a championship, this honor is well deserved, because it's all about that. But a championship only stays alive as long as backmarkers aim to become a winner sooner or later to achieve that honor, too.

I think, becoming best (or one of the best), is not the aim of every club race participant. Not to say club racers would take it less serious. ;)

A championship on the other side is about earning points and receiving honor for it. In a championship, this honor is well deserved, because it's all about that. But a championship only stays alive as long as backmarkers aim to become a winner sooner or later to achieve that honor, too.

It seems a rather binary understanding of human nature. If you ever get the chance, go and watch a local cross country race (running). There is good chance that it would be part of an inter-club championship (sim-racing, I imagine, doesn't have the numbers) , and it will have people of all abilities & ages - with some people well past their best. You will find that they do it because they love their sport. The same applies to other sports and pastimes.

I think there's room for a 'Club Championship' well within what we do, easily... we have club races, it's a simulation, isn't that why we're here? There are 'club championships' in the real world, what's to lose?

Maybe one race per month/fortnight for 2 - 4 months could count towards it, to include all-comers of course. There's no reason why the club 'feel' would need to change, if new peeps are in, then I think there's enough 'evidence' to say they wouldn't be intimidated - I'm sure we wouldn't stop sharing setups, advice, tips.

To add, and to encourage new peeps, why not a championship once or twice per year with fixed setups for a few races - the BMW 235i Racing, Mazda Cup, Formula Ford, RS500, Opel DTM etc, all those with good std setups anyway ('cos setups are maybe not easy for someone new).

At the very least, it should be normal for results to be published on Simresults.net , so we can choose to see our progress (and no, full names are not published!). Imo Bram's policy of not allowing lap-time-speak is completely ridiculous, especially because it's all over ACC :p

Last edited:
When I said "championship", it wasn't a request to change the club races altogether. It was just my personal objection and preference. Ofc the club races should not be taken out. They were my way of learning and I am really glad that they existed and they should still exist for newcomers or veterans to meet and help eachother.

When I said "championship", it wasn't a request to change the club races altogether. It was just my personal objection and preference. Ofc the club races should not be taken out. They were my way of learning and I am really glad that they existed and they should still exist for newcomers or veterans to meet and help eachother.

Likewise, when I suggested a championship recorded on a google-sheet, it was meant that people would volunteer to be part of it, and the informal championship would run in parallel with the club races - in no way effecting the structure of those races.

At the very least, it should be normal for results to be published on Simresults.net , so we can choose to see our progress (and no, full names are not published!). Imo Bram's policy of not allowing lap-time-speak is completely ridiculous, especially because it's all over ACC :p

The published simresults[.net] can also be saved in a .csv format, and be used as data for a spreadsheet.

Rather than get in to trouble with Bram, I have an HTPC (Intel i7 4790...) that doesn't get used much & I'm willing to try :cautious: & set up an AC server - assuming there aren't any technical issues. Obviously, time & content would be decided collectively.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%