RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race until my engine blows up. Remco, a little bit too unrealistic weather for Canada, also too hard to setup if you dont have a very much experience with high heat and GT cars. I really dont understand that high temperature, but of course that heat and changeable weather made this very long race more interesting and challenging for us so no problem.

I used radiator 4 and even that my engine blows??? Temperature was higher than 38 Celcius few laps before the rain starts and then my engine temperatures went red. Maybe rev limitter was also too high as it was max 7200 but no can do the race is over.

I had a few very nice and hard battles thanks you all fighters...

Now I'll take a little brake from simracing so see you at August.

Have a nice summer you all!

Well I didn't quali to well, by lap 10 my front tyres were shot ended up in the wall from blow out + aero + suspension made it can to the pits repaired was lap down, back out the by 23 lap 3laps down on front runners and as the rain shower rolled in I got caught out off in to the grave hit the wall and another blow out and engine damage so I retired, one day I will finish one of these enduro races, had good fun never the less

Well this was my 3. enduro race but first DNF.
After 40 laps -> black smoke from engine -> engine damaged -> end of the race :confused:

I think, that it was really too much hot, not good for this type of race...sorry Remco. I did something around 60 practice laps to prepare for this long race and then engine failure, really not good feeling. I used radiator 4 also, and the engine temperature was around 96 °C during race and after the rain started, the engine temperature decreased to something about 91 °C. In the both enduro races, which I finished, the engine temperature was around 95 °C and no problem with engine.
Another thing is, that I choosed wet tyres 10 laps after the rain started (I had to go to the pit, and didn't know what tyres to choose, obviously, the wet tyres was not good choice) but the tyre temperature was crazy, it was something about 165 °C and in some situations, it went to 200 °C.

But despite of this, it was very nice race, thank you all :thumb:

IN fairness Willie I should have eliminated this model from the sweepstakes..........sorry mate it seemed a bit of cruel fate that a bloke up in the wee hours to race go this sack of crap to drive.

NExt weeks format will be different yet a ton of fun! I promise!

Started in 19th, got a good start and after a few corners I got upto 15th. Had a nice little fight with Wesley & Tyler for a few laps, nice racing guys, but then it all went wrong on lap 13. Going into the hairpin I got hit up the back which sent me flying into the barriers which resulted in me getting suspension & front aero damage. This forced me to pit, not due until lap 20 or so, to repair the damage. So new tyres, fill it up with fuel and repair damage. Only thing was I forgot in all the button pushing entering the pits to select the aero bit so came out still with no front spliter. Around again and back to the pits to repair the spliter. Came out almost dead last and went for it, only thing was the car was now aleast 2 seconds of my pace, damage must have done something to the chassi but kept pluging away to see if things would improve. Alass they didn't, got a stop & go then a DQ. Not the best result but what can you do when your put into the wall not of your own doing which then wreaks the rest of your race.

Oh well lets hope I have better luck next time...............

I used radiator 4 and even that my engine blows??? Temperature was higher than 38 Celcius few laps before the rain starts and then my engine temperatures went red. Maybe rev limitter was also too high as it was max 7200 but no can do the race is over.

Max in GT Pro is 5. ;)

Well, my race went well for ten laps, then, a bad strategy, a stop and go penalty, and my extraordinary ability to kill tyres ruined my chances of great results... At least I finished the race.

Congrats to all finishers, see you next time !

Guys you were scaring me! Why? It started Michal who started the discuss about temperature... I started care about it too and I found out that I am overtemperaturing everything, tyres, brakes... I lost a lot of time with this, but what I want to say.. I turned XD off for the race because I couldnt concentrate with it and I was braking as hard as I could and I finished it, with brakes OK, with everything OK... and I didnt care about anything in the race

1. quali - I was 5 seconds before finish line when it jumped to another session - last position, but it was the best I could got - it was amazing feeling ! I overtook 10-13 GT sports cars there, lol
2. Hugo I overtook you for 7 times (or 8) and each overtake was on some straigh, so that incident was really unexpectable for me, I did everything to keep GT sports cars in safe when I was overtaking ... I was just too late on brakes, sorry
3. it was really hard to overtook GT sport class when I had no room -> Yuri you are like a red bul air race driver with your BMW, you was the hardest part
4. I badly calculate my fuel, but thanks to my slow I finished the race with fuel for only 1 lap remains (I was 3 laps behind pole, so I couldnt do the whole 66 laps, only 63 thanks god)
5. I crashed my last round, lost sus. and aerodynamic and Yuri was from 20 sec to 4 sec behind my last round... hehe

Gratz podium, it was an amazing race for me...

EDIT: and special thanks to Abdul who helped me with setup, it was indescribable difference, thanks!

and can somebody please tell me why I have slower times then GT sports but I am fastet in the race then they?

AAHHHH.....GRRR....REALY SAD

GTPRO

QUALI IN practice to my biigest surprises i was fastes..(god nows how) and i quali i espected to do well...top 5 at least.but i got out late..and dind;t had time to finish my hot lap ...so result 24-th place.crap

RACE i was scared at standig start...with gtsport allaround me...after a small incident ..i went on my whey....i had a 3stop strategy...so until first stop i was all out..hamer down,pedal to the medal..and after de first pit stop was in 6 i think,again realy pushed...destroid my tyres....2stop 3d place........3 stop 4-th place with a gap of 4.9sec to 3d place...but had the leader in front of me...was faster then him at the begining..but when i passed him..i got blue flag...i flashed him t slow down a bit...but...so got stuck behind the leder...and lost a podium finish.
It was my mistake cause i calculated fuel badly....when i eneterd 3 stop i had 20l left...and with fuel that i added i had 123l of fuel fot 10laps..allot....if i had a 3-d stop with 2-3sec faster...i woul came out in front of leader...and went for Coldrick.
i'm realy dissapointed...cause i had a realy good pace....i wonder what place i was if..i got a start from the front row...

awsome race,fenomenal event.....10-x RD
:frown:

That was my fault Bob. I'm sorry for that. I misjudged when I pulled out to pass and clipped you. Sorry, too, that your race went downhill from then.:frown:

I was glad to see the rain and cooler weather as my engine was overheating. I didn't have my radiator open enough so I had to short shift and take care not to redline the engine. Between that and ruining Bob's race, I just tried to stay out of everybodys way the rest of the race.

2. Hugo I overtook you for 7 times (or 8) and each overtake was on some straigh, so that incident was really unexpectable for me, I did everything to keep GT sports cars in safe when I was overtaking ... I was just too late on brakes, sorry

Hmmm, Yesss, i was a bit :mad: about that braking mistake of you. Had a lot of damage and had to go for a pitstop (and with damage that took hours :confused:). I also get a Stop and Go because of some GT-PRO cars that sticked behind me :frown:. It was impossible to go to the left or right when there are 2 cars behind. I managed to finish the race in 5th and that the most important thing.

Ondrej, apology accepted.

Grats to the podium and to Remco for organizing this great events..

my raceday

Today i tried to make last changes to my race setup and calculate the starategy. The hot weather was not my main problem cause it´s for everyone the same but ofcourse my tyrewear inrease to my training.
Main problem was to check the fuel usage. I needed 4,65 l per lap (4,9 with max rpm) which reached for 21 laps but only if i switch the gears before the gear become red. This means 63 laps of 66 so i had to hope to lapped 3 times and i calculate with 10 sec per lap and it should work but you never know what happen.

To get the pole was the best start point for my strategy, first stint i pushed but with watching to drive 21 laps (max 4,76 l per lap). With abaout 30 sec ahead to second i pitted in lap 21 with still 4,5l (was already thinking to drive maybe another lap :rolleyes: but safety first). Now with the big gap to P2 i tried to drive one lap more in second stint to be safe at the end. I switched gears before 6000 rpm and with the bit rain it was also more safe to not spin. I go with 4,6 l in lap 43 and with 0,2 in the pitlane. Was close but now i could drive as normal if i lapped a third time. And this was the point, Joao and Abdul was in the same sector as i stopped (Joao goes out of pit same time as me) so normal they should lap me last stint again but i was unsure so i drived like before and switched gears at about 6000 rpm which was ofcourse also good for the engine.
In lap 61 or 63 for Joao and Abdul they lapped me again and so had no problem further to reach the finish with rest of fuel. Nice in last lap: TBR teammate James reached me and we drover together last sector and finish the race, nice picture for the fans of course. :wink:

f2.jpg

This was the main thing in my race, no fight for position or something like that. Had only look to my pace, fuel usage during the race and watch to not collide with any Gtpro. Till one situation it went very good, everybody takes his time if a corner was coming. My race went quiete perfect and i´m very happy to win my first endurance race in GTS class. :woot:
All in all very nice event, congrats to Abdul for his close win after more then 2 1/2 h racing and all who finish the race. Thank You all for racing and Remco for orgenizing all the things for us. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back