RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

With the forecast for this track i am not happy ,
I have huge problems getting my setup to work that i have been making today. my tyres temps were fine but now
my rear tyres are going over 100 degrees.
what ever i try to do with setup not works. and now the handling of the car is screwed.
any ides to fix this ?

ok and what should I do if I am in red zone with my brakes or oil or whatever? dont push too hard and it will be back in good temp? (I didnt try it yet)

You should use the event practice session (not typing about the practice server) to setup the car for the high temperatures, specially the later part of the practice session where the temperatures will go up to near the race values I think (38º C max we are told).

On contrary to real racing, after the race starts, changes aren't possible, so your setup will have to do for the 66laps... meaning, the setup has to be a compromise (dry 38º & likely wet track for instances).
The most important thing not to forget regarding setup & temperature is the brake duct and radiator opening as typed already...

• Brakes have optimal temperatures, but in our virtual endurance racing many times those can't be used since it wears out the brake pads too much (in Race one can't change them). I wouldn’t go above 500-600º in the hardest braking point... be careful as with the rain , even with high temperatures (above 30º) the brakes will be cold with a dry 30º+ brake setup.

• Engine oil temperatures shouldn’t go above about 100ºC... again I won't risk in this department as an optimal engine for 32º isn't equal to one for 38º; so yes, compromise (what you lose with a cold engine is much less of what you lose with a very hot one).

If all goes "wrong", you are racing and your car isn't braking well anymore (pads going below 50% and more), or your engine keeps going in the red (102º-107º & more) or worst with RD rules violation of a "smoking engine", use plan "B"...

• Wile you are losing braking power, you can move the brake bias to the front, that will do for a few laps... but in truth you are postponing and aggravating the problem and this will only work well if there are just a few laps left to the end. The "safer" way, is also the slowest way, use engine brake, brake earlier, driver slower and so on.

• Regarding the smoke (if your car is smoking in race)... use the lowest rpm possible with the maximum speed possible; 1 maybe or even 2 gears up will do the trick, obviously you won't be that fast anymore.

I have permanently tyres over 105° especially right front which is deforming really fast... I did my brakes OK btw
and thanks for you critical plans!

well I am over 650° with my brakes 3 times on the track but I hope it will be ok for the whole race because I tried every advice and it still is that high :)
Ondřej out

I have permanently tyres over 105° especially right front which is deforming really fast...

The tyres aren't much of a problem... OK they are, but they aren't direct "terminal" problems like the engine & brakes. :wink: They are just something everyone will have to deal with...

For the tyres there are 3 fronts... be less aggressive, camber, and pressure (suspension setting has obviously a role, but let's not complicate).
As there is only one compound in Race, likely camber shouldn't be much different from the usual 27º camber at this track.
The pressure obviously will be lower... (aiming for mid tyre temperature between outer and inner tyre).
The most effective way, or at least one it as to be used always with a decent tyre setup is a balance of aggressiveness taking the corner/s (power exit)... again it will be always a balance:

• Be more aggressive, eat faster the tyres, more pit-stops...
  • Be less aggressive, you are slower, but less pit-stops

Lottery Turns Into a Crap-Shot

Well, at least for me.... Actually wasn't do too bad in both races until it turned into the pits....

1st race, negotiated safely and squarely in my pit stall.... wait for the boys to get to work as I watch the time click by.... at 8 seconds, I thought, well it's taking them this long because I made a late call for the pit stop .... 10+ seconds and I realize that the pit commit window is still open.... came in 10th and dropped quite a few spots that I had earned on the track... Oh, well go back out and make up some ground (if I can find anyone other than the Cats and Radicals passing me).

2nd race..... As soon as I passed the pit entrance I slapped the Enter key to commit to the request for 2-Lefts. Not gonna let that happen again..... watch the clock tick and as it hits 7.5 I am awaiting the jack to drop so I can get back out and gain some more ground.... Not to be... the screen locks up and the clock is frozen.... Everything is quiet on TS and I am beginning to think I have lost my Internet connection. Nope, finally hear something over the headphones, so it's a graphics card lockup..... At least I wasn't barreling down to the chicane, which would have meant the end of everything as I know it (and a dreaded DNF).... Sit with the clutch in and Alt-Tab to the desktop just as the screen turns psychedelic..... Okay Alt-Tab back to the game.... still staring at the desktop and it seems to be taking for ever and day.... Finally back in the cockpit and ready to leave the pits (after loosing 7 spots and now running 2nd to last).... Did manage to gain a few spots due to others pitting or running into trouble.

All things aside, still had a grand ole time and it was great to hear Adam V. again....

qualy: got second place with my PB and i was satisfied with it cause i was well within my target time that i had set for myself.

Race: nailed my start and was easely firt at T1 with Abdul not far from me. slowly starting to build a gad and was managing my race very well until lap 7 when the engine blewup end of the race for me. very disappointed as i knew i had the car to win this thing :frown: oh well better luck next time

well no luck for me tonight

i crashed in q, so had to start at the back

Start race, no ffb ! , i could feel bumps , but no feeling in steering.
It was hard to overtake the GT sports :)
after 18 laps i decided to pit
then tried to pull out usb cable and reenter, hoping this would give me back ffb
result , no controls anymore........
i really wanted to finsiih this race, even without ffb, but should have known that you wont have any controls anymore when u unplug.

had fun , thats the main thing !
hope to see you guys at next endu race !

Well race ended with my pit... The car wouldn't restart anymore, maybe engine damage?
Had quit a clean race accept i tapped Bogdan on the back when he overtook me. My mistake Bogdan sorry for that.

It was a long time ago... me having a DNF
Next time better.

My joker car was no joker. The BMS was was pretty fast in a straight line, great for anderstorp, then rubbish in the slow/med turns pretty crap for andersthorp. Qualified 17th thanks to those who made a worse job at quali than I did. Struggled for most of the race bit hed to be ultracautious to keep the rear end in check. so early brakes and late on the power, which was frustrating for those following.
Race finally over when overcautious braking meant that Warren rear ended me puncture. That would have been OK but for some reason couldn't restart the car nor chat to warren to tell him to go.

Falken berg, no use for this car, couldn't carry any speed through any of the corners finished up spinning out in t4 esc'd to save the chasing pack piling into me. Guess that the BMS will not be the car of choice again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back