RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, I did make Stefan stay behind on the parts of the track were I was quick, but I was ever so slow in through the carousel. I kept waiting for an opportunity for you to catch me in my "slow" section, but I guess my early (cautious in my book) braking always got you off course before you caught me in my slow section. Unlike Jarrod in Friday's WTCC race, you are faster sideways. I coulda swore Jarrod made more ground on me when he was sideways than when he was straight....

Well these are the best of times and the worst of times......................who said that anyway? Hemingway?

R1 I am now behind Stefan and Michael. I run them down pretty quickly but Stefan gets thru Michael on sportsmanship on lap 3. I run up on Michael but get no free pass and have to battle hard for 3 laps to get by him. I go off twice trying not to run into him when he brakes waaaay early for a couple of corners then run him down again etc etc etc....

Well I HAD a screenshot of my first ever event win, but my computer decided to eat it. If anyone has one would you mind posting it? I want to save it :(

Beautiful races. Thank you gents for setting it up!

First race I had a phenomenal start and went from 7th to 1st before getting through the first turn. Stayed there for a few laps then fell to 2nd and battled with Eric Nelson the entire race. Jeez he's hard to keep behind you. Luckily for me his to-the-limit chasing of me put him off track twice, securing me(barely) in 2nd.

Race two I started 7th again, was the first to launch, but I gave it too much oomph and slid down the hill a little bit. After straightening out I managed to follow Glenn up into 2nd and past him a little after. Held 1st for most of the race, battling with Glenn. Had to slide the back end out a few times to keep him behind me. We managed to keep close to one another and I think realized at the same time we needed to ditch the train behind us. So we put our duel aside and drafted each other along the back straight to give us a nice cushion between 3rd to continue our fight. I somehow managed to keep the fast bastard behind me for most of the race, but the last lap along that infamous back straight, he closed the .7second gap and just out of the embankment passed me on the outside to win .2 ahead. Although I hate you for it:tongue:, it was a well-earned win, Glenn and I raise my glass to you.

Beautiful car/track combo. Those 'Stangs sure can slide.

Really a pile of fun this event turned out to be! Whooooooot! you didn;t race this one you missed a MONSTER!

Q: Claudio is clearly the guy to beat based ion the time sheet form Practice! Yves is a close second abd I am 3rd but more than a second off the pace. I run a nice Q session and grid 3rd. I nearly steal pole form Yves then he resets the bar then caludio finally hits the hot lap and takes pole! Well done Claudio!

R1 I grid and my steering wheel immediately goes 180 upside down! WTF! so my shifters are backwards! We launch and I get a good jump as those before me slide on the banking! wow! My wheel does an immediate 180 to normal and I nearly crash in t1! IU jump into the grass to avoid trouble and get spit out and hit YVES and he goes off. Man Yves really sorry man thats just bad on me but that stupid wheel correction screwed me bad.Sorry about the contact and mess there boys! My bad but we are not in awful shape. IN T2 I brake hard and just tap Neil and he slides but not off track nor loses position to me. Sorry Neil not intentional mate! I draft Neil down the back straight and pass inside in The banking. We run door to door all the way thru the tri oval and thru T1! Very fun NEil and well done for us both not to crash there.

Lap 5 I fially get around Sean with a late brake dive in side at T2! Its a beauty if I may asy so. But Sean doesn;t go away easily ever............In fact I drop a tire exiting T2 just enough and Sean BEats me y a hair to T3 the kink and he is back in 2nd.

I bump draft Sean more than once to try and get us up to Claudio then we can scrap for a win! But this is my mistake in the end as Sean is able to hang onto his lead on me the rest of the race. Really Fun battle Sean!

R2: This time I grid 6th. I hold the wheel so it doesn;t do anything silly on me this time. I lose focus and the race starts with me day dreaming about who knows what! Dammit! Sorry again guys I am just screwing up the starts!

I get in side Eric E at T1 to get back to 6th. MEanwhile Claudio is up on me and on my left heading to T2. I scrape off Claudio by outbraking Philip BRown inot T2.

So its Glenn, Yves, Sean and Neil on front of ma and al lin sight so far.........Time to get past Neil somehow.....

I get a rubn on Neil entering the oval and go inside to pass, He protects it and I swerve up and touch his bumper slightly I think. Neil holds the spot til the back straight where I get a good enough run to pass him for now....he can redraft me though! We run side by side to T1 where Neil BRakes early and I slide thru to 4th for now.

Yves has a mishap exiting T2 on Lap 2 and I pass him for P3 and am thinking about how to deal with Glenn in 2nd and Sean just ahead on point.

Lap 5 Yves has managed to catch me and we go ripping into tT! out of our minds with serious speed from the draft. I overshoot T1 and Yves goes off but later in the corner! I get in track beofre Yves and am still in P3 but we have lost a ton of time to the leaders....................Then NEil and Claudio get past me and I am P5 again! oh hell thats not how ya do it!

Lap 6 neil goes off and I am rying to reel in Claudio. Oh yeah he was on pole so this should be really easy...........um right.

Lap 7 I catch up to Claudio in T1 making up a full second from Lap 6. Now how can I pass him he is very good aterall. He ends up sliding it exiting T2 and I get by but he not far behind at all.

Lap 9 Claudio gets that big draft in the oval and we go door to door to T1. I am inside and Claudio has to brake earlier and looks for a crossover if I slide it. So far I hold the spot.

Lap 10 another big run by Claudio but I hold the bottom and he considers an apron pass then shuts it down sensibly! whooooooof thats close! I blow the exit of T2 and he is though! dammmit But then he just misses his brake point completely and I am in again to the podium at least!

Th eremainder of the race I gain on Glenn and Sean but they extend in the 2 car draft. I finish P3.

This was an incredible event with some really fun racing with many of you out there.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as myself!

COngrats to Glenn for his first RD race win! Congrats to Sean for his first overall win at RD!

se youu soon?

How about These cars at Road One? oh yeah it's gonna be EPIC!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%