RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry Kimmo, but as slow as you was it was obviously you loose your front splitter. And if you unsure about damage is there a button called "pit stop menu" where it´s able to see if something is damage. And then too say i´m racing as normal without looking back cause only the others have to look that nothing happens is a bit ruthless to me.

And i was the whole lap in patience with the pro´s in front of me what is not my strongest side. But with you we lost then so much time that Yves who was already 5 sec behind me close up very fast. And if then maybe 10 cars are behind a slow one i´m not sure what happen.

So it´s clear i try it as you go over the grass. If you come back slow from the grass on track, then it´s normal to look back if the track is free or not. If you have problems to see it because of bad mirrows is therefor a button "view to the back" which is fast to use if you have it on your wheel. And if you look in the replay you can see that i upcoming with much more speed, if you only stay left how i expected nothing would happen.

With the comment to race against to GTS i have to say sorry, i understand it in a wrong way.

Summary it´s not to change but maybe my advices to you helps for thenext one. If you already knew it and don´t understand my huff about your driving then i would have to make a big bow over you next time. Because also if i not had braking, then i had hit you into the next wall and you would be angry to me but i had normal drive away.

Thanks. I'm still learning things as this is my first online season (started Dec 2009). Thanks for the "pit stop menu" hint, I just dont have any free buttons atm (okay keyboard is there but I dont want use it in the middle of the race).

And we should always remember that this wasnt league race but Racing Club event so competion should not be so bloody but fun. Of course I understand that its very hard to loose for 'beginner' but what comes to me so I have more than 10 years experience of simracing so I know almost all tracks and with good setups I can drive any cars almost as fast as most of the league drivers.

Ok, after reading about everyone's lap times, I of course had to do a few laps and see where I stand. First I tried Sam's setup and it feels really quick, although a bit to loose for me to gain any sort of consistancy straight out of the gate. I am sure with practice that thing can put in some screamers. I also tried the Koenigsegg and Viper. The Egg feels pretty good as is with the default setup. I only did one lap in it, but am sure with a little setup work, it would be a real contender here.

I really enjoyed the Viper at Le Mans, so being that Road One is a high speed circuit I had to give it another try here. I found a very nicely balanced setup online for it and did a few laps. Started out at a 22 flat and after a few laps I am down into the 20's with room to improve.

While this isn't one of my better tracks, I have always really enjoyed Road One and think this will be an awesome race. Really looking forward to it. :)

The ping/latency is an issue for everyone (even those next door to the server). That is, unless everyone on the server is next door and have excellent bandwidth/latency. I always try to take this into consideration when running online. For that reason, I almost never attempt passes in turns unless I am actually driving with utmost control and sometimes slower than I would normally take the corner. I've learned that overcharging a turn to attempt a pass for position leads to less car control which is then amplified by latency over the Internet and usually brings more grief than joy.

No Prodlems Dennis. It was more a timing problem then anything. I got onto the gas about 0.2 secs before the contact which changed the cars weight and i am sure is what contributed to my speed into the wall. In these incidents i have a feeling that latency/pings play a part as well. When i have prac'd with Paul we can rub and tap in corners with very little impact on the cars but when in races i try to give as much room as posible. This makes overtaking very difficult and is something i dont try very often because where i think there is still room there isnt. ( Most of those that raced with me during both ATCC seasons will attest to that) Being in Australia is about as far from the server as u can get i think. In recent times as both Paul and myself have become more competitive lap time wise, this has moved us up in being able to compete for position. As a result this situation has been highlighted for me and is soemthing i am working on. I think everyone would agree that not being able to take a position is very frustrating - so for me I have to make a decision. Taking our distance from the servers into account and because of this the smallest of taps gets amplified (this works both ways with guys that are behind us and are making a move).

So i dont blame anyone for putting me into a wall or whatever because of this. I have often told people to keep going if they have hit me as i feel latency plays a big part.

I dont think it was so much latency as it was being close at high speed and trying to maintain a pressure on a driver while looking into a flat screen monitor for information on proximity and closing rate. In other words, I had no intention of bumping him but when it happened, there was no doubt that everything that happened prior was leading up to it and contact occurred at precisely the moment it could be expected, +/- 250 msec, lol. I made an error in trying to stay close and trying to take advantage. While I think my estimation of the situation was correct when I initiated it, events following didn't seem to come out the way I really should have just maintained pressure and if I was indeed faster than Dan, It would have proved out in a lap or so. My driving error: 12.422 sec into the lap I was one car length behind Dan at 137 mph to his 135, 14.273 sec less than one car length Dan at 135 me at 133, 16.150 has Dan 112 and me at 115. At 16.303 I'm on his right with the front of my LF wheel even with his bumper and contact occurs, he's at 107 mph and I'm still closing[going for the pass] at 109 mph.

That's exactly what it looked like to me, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%