RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

IT WAS LAP 23 when that happend and i had João Andias behind me at 19sec ,i had suspension problem and i tghout that i hace to do a holl lap with that and keep Andias behind me cause at start finish it was at about 2sec.....

:tongue:

Andrei, in way I wasn't "racing" you or any other GT1 (GTP) car on this event... All GT1 places I took had all to come due to, lets call it "added bonus"...

It is "a race within the race" where we all have to respect each others lines (GT1-GT2) and do a "favor" here & there... In "normal" circumstances I always let quicker people go by (in this case in a more powerful car class).

OK, if I could, I would take your 4th place :redface:... but in no way I will fight for a braking or an exit line (in likes how I do with cars in the same class) :wink:
Of-course, if you had problems, I would go by, unless it was near the Tiergarten where I would push you (or anyone else) over the line :)

No Prodlems Dennis. It was more a timing problem then anything. I got onto the gas about 0.2 secs before the contact which changed the cars weight and i am sure is what contributed to my speed into the wall. In these incidents i have a feeling that latency/pings play a part as well. When i have prac'd with Paul we can rub and tap in corners with very little impact on the cars but when in races i try to give as much room as posible. This makes overtaking very difficult and is something i dont try very often because where i think there is still room there isnt. ( Most of those that raced with me during both ATCC seasons will attest to that) Being in Australia is about as far from the server as u can get i think. In recent times as both Paul and myself have become more competitive lap time wise, this has moved us up in being able to compete for position. As a result this situation has been highlighted for me and is soemthing i am working on. I think everyone would agree that not being able to take a position is very frustrating - so for me I have to make a decision. Taking our distance from the servers into account and because of this the smallest of taps gets amplified (this works both ways with guys that are behind us and are making a move).

So i dont blame anyone for putting me into a wall or whatever because of this. I have often told people to keep going if they have hit me as i feel latency plays a big part.

Finally woke up in time for a Sunday event and it went alright I guess.

First race there was a bit of lag so coming round T3 I found my bonnet in the back of a Seat which balls us both up. I ended up off track so I spent a while trying to find my way back on. Took a pitstop for repairs and then spent the race gaining places due to other people crashing.

Second race was okay up until I hit a signpost. It had started to really chuck it down when Peter had an off at T13? so I slammed my brakes on which was a bad idea and my car wouldn't stop. So not happy with that as it was my first DNF and a lost 2nd place but that's the way it goes....

I was really looking forward to the event in the green hell.​
:f1:​
Qualy went well with P1 in GTS althought i had almost spin out of the Fuchsröhre which let me go over the green. If all had works i´m sure a time under 6:50 would possible for me.

qualy.jpg

I was fearing a bit from the standing start together with the GT pro´s. And ofcourse one Pro don´t start in front, the next Audi hit him. I also couldn´t avoid and hit the Audi and the chainreaction go to the next which hit me on the back - great, aero damage already from beginning.

start.jpg

start1.jpg

I was thinking: "Ok, maybe it´s not so bad - i can handle it". But first lap wasn´t over the best will be coming. :mad:
A Pro Corvette lost his whole front and was meaning to race like normal infront of the next cars without going off the line. He got flashing lights to make room, but no reaction.

lap1a.jpg

Later he go off over the grass, the other Corvette go trought. I wanted also take this chance but ofcourse he comes on track and close the door infront of me like i´m not there.

lap1b.jpg

Result, spin on grass because of braking.

lap1c.jpg

Yves couldn´t avoid me and hitting me on the side and i was hitting again the wall. So race over i could say. With 5-10 km/h slower on the straights i wasn´t able to fight for P1. First i tried all, but the more risk in corners to follow Joao i payed with little mistakes and hits on track walls.
At the end i was not able to reach 6th gear and my topspeed fall down too 259 km/h - great - lost P2 and to good last i got a falling down to desktop on the Flugplatz which result in a spin and lost fron splitter and that 2 laps before the finish. Due this lost also the safety P3 to P4 in GTS.

finish1.JPG

So a very disappointing event after starting from GTS pole. Next i would really prefer a rolling start, as best with a gap between the classes of maybe 5 sec.
I´m a bit angry to the slow GT pro´s which show not much regard to the top of the GTS. After this first lap i wasn´t able to run under 7min per lap and on every straight i was always like this :snail:.
And if i read then from a GT pro how much fun he had with the "helpless" GTS i would say he was very wrong to join the event. Only to take the GT pro to have then fights for positon with GTS is really strange for me.

Maybe it would be also better to make the whole field GTS or GTP because most of the race the gaps was big and 25 cars of the same class will give more closer racing for all participators, specially on such a long track like the Nordschleife.
If standing start i would suggest to start on the Nürburgring layout, there are more room to avoid staying or slow starting cars then on the Nordschleife starting grid.

Anyway congrats to all who finished and THANKS for the event. I would love to have more races on the green hell.
pencil.png

Race 1: started 8th, had a little accident in lap 1. Tried to avoid Chris, went 2 tires on the kerb, and then suddenly it turned me around. (LOL hidden trap) When rain came I started to overtake people, managed to get ahead David! I couldn't pull away very much as the track started to get dry again and I lost my advantage (I had a setup for damp weather specifically). Before the last lap Nigel went to the pits again, so I could win! Lucky win, but I'm really happy as it's my first win with the Lada!

Race 2: started 8th again, had some fights during the race! Was pretty tough! Waited for the rain at the end, was already 2nd when it started, I was hoping that I'll catch Nigel, but then I lost more grip than I previously thought I will and hit the wall. Got a lot of damage, the car was almost uncontrollable, and even after I braked a lot earlier for the tricky double left hander, I couldn't turn in and destroyed the car:( After watching the end I believe the best strategy would be to stay out 'till lap 8 and put on wet tires. Didn't expect the track getting flooded in 2 mins:)

Grats Nigel for the win in 2nd race!

Thx David and RD for the event!

well that was well worth getting out of bed after only 4hrs of sleep :cool:

quali wasent a good lap i nearly binned it at T3 so took it easy and got 3rd.

Race 1 got a good start up into 2nd, got borked a bit at the chicane and Dan was able to motor through to the lead. the a bit of contact between Dan & Areil and i managed to a squezze through into the lead, after that i pulled away easerly only to realise that i had miscalculated the race Laps and was going to run out, so after a frantic pit menu reset and then having a brush with the wall of death i pitted, after fuel was in i tried manualy start my car but nothing happend (i think auto start interupted even though i have auto pit off) so i reset my ignistion and fired her up but i had slipped down to 3rd finishing 13 secs behind David.

Race 2 started 6th but took it easy in 1st lap and droppend a few places but was soon moving up places, i had gambled on the rain would come just inside the pit window and after changing from drys to wets to drys back finaly to wets in the menu on the in lap, my gamble paid off and it was raing 7% as i left the pits, Peter was fairly close behind me so i new i couldnt take it to easy but he made a misake alwoing me to just run the laps of the the end :D

cheers David for setting up a great event that got me out my pit and 8am :fwd:

My first race on this track :)
Race 1 in last lap I catch pillar of the lighting :) and kill car so dnf
Race 2 start second but don´t enough experience on this track so I leave other drivers to pass me and drive my own race and waited for the mistakes of others :) and finish second :)

Thanks David and RD

p.s.
sorry for bad english :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline