RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Congrats to Tyler and Rhys for their wins. Not an easy track to drive fast , let alone race on. I was 120% focused on just keeping on track with e46. I was'nt even sure you nudged me Eric, as that spot was where I had power oversteer issues both races. I first thought that I had torched the tires. You were very gentle ;-) No worries in any case, its all fun.

Cheers' to all, and thanks Eric for putting this together.

Some still shots from the race!

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-03-32-89.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-03-32-89.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-57-51-10.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-57-51-10.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-51-03-64.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-51-03-64.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-51-47-29.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-51-47-29.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 174
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-52-47-36.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-21 23-52-47-36.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 198
nice shots eric. I think thats me facing the wrong way in the last pic. :redface:

Qual - Did well and posted my fastest time. Put down a 1.32.3xx with race fuel which i was happy with.

R1 - Stuffed the start and fell back many spots, avaoided one incident and then forgot that i had chaged my brake pedal to the clutch and hit the clutch (actual brake pedal on wheel) and hit the side of someone. Then on the next lap i flipped the car on turn 4 and was facing the wrong way when the car righted itself. It was then a close call as guys went screaming by me on either side. I decided to stay still so that everyone could pick a line around me and not have to worry about me moving. From here on in the race was over. i limped home in the end with 1% engine.

R2 - Got a decent start and grabbed a few places and was running 6th. lap two on main straight i passed Denis. At T3 Dennis misjudged the braking point and "propelled" (maybe not the right word) me into the the tyre barrier. Race Over at beginnign of lap 2.

I came here after a bit of prac yesterday thinking i had a competitive race setup. R1 was a complete loss finishing 2 laps down and R2 started well and i think i showed that i had the pace to run with the guys up the front and compete for a good finishing posi, but life had other plans. I didnt really like the track from my first lap and that opinion hasnt changed. :) Well done the Tyler and Rhys for their wins and i'll hopefully catch everyone again next week

Bridgehampton 21-05-2010

• Coming into this event,the little practice i did during the week i was in two minds about this track.I started my buildup with the BMW but while fast it had a habit of biting very viciously exiting a few of the turns leaving you either in the sand hills or facing the other way.My car of choice was the 407.Seems everyone is running the Honda these days so running the 407 brings a bit of variety to the show.Running the 407 i could now at least run some laps at a consistent pace,even so i just could not get a setup that would work the tyres like i wanted to.Come Race day i entered the server and saw that i wasn't that far off the pace.I decided to run my setup from Ahvensito with gearing and rear wing changes of course.Added some TP and i felt i had a good car.It was indeed a good car. Qual.I surprised myself with forth in qualifying putting in a good 1.31.6...6/10s of pole.Race 1 .Made a good start and going into turn 1 was aware that there were cars on the inside so made room as i turned in,unfortunately my rear bumper was tapped as the car was unweighted and i was sideways ,and with others behind with no where to go, the expected happened and i was t-boned off the circuit.Came back on 14th(last) with suspension damage but managed to end up about 8 or 9 after the first lap as cars were going off everywhere.One would have thought it was a 1 lap take no prisoners race the carnage i witnessed in that first lap.The next 14 laps i tried to be consistent with only one off as i lost the back end coming out of t2,thankfully not losing any postions as i had a gap back to the next car.That consistency paid off as by race end i was back where i started the race ,4th...whew.Race 2 I made another good start,unfortunately a slow starter up front caused a chain reaction and i was hit ,spun sideways into the armco and hit again as those behind charged their way through.Last and car damaged again i set off in pursuit.The damage was worse this time as i lost about 1 second a lap off race 1 's pace.Had a few battles on my way back to 6th where i finished...happy with my driving for the day and a changed opinion about this track.....i like it ...you just have to figure out how to drive it..with respect.

I must say i like it when the weather or temp changes during a race, adds another dimension to simracing imho. Love it when its tricky and slippery and you need to adjust your driving style cause the griplevel varies almost like in irl.
I lost my victory yesterday due to the weather, i gambled on staying out on slicks when the rain came back. Bad move tho cause Nigel caught me on the pen lap but hey thats racing and it almost paid off . Cheers more weather to the people :) love racing u guys .

/"Undertray"

Qualifications: It was really tight during qualifications and I was able to acquire the 5th place to just "092 of the poleman, David Zafiu.

Race: With wet track, forecast rain, I choose slicks tires. This was a good choice and any part of the race was really fun with a good battle against Nigel Atkins. I have waited a little for my pit stop, in order to see how the weather change, and i've kept the slick tires . The second part of the race was a little boring because I was alone. I was surprised by the weather change at 10 minutes before the end because the rain came again, and track was totally flooded. I've broken a suspension. I did an other pit stop in order to change tire in wet because the car was really uncontrollable. I finished 6th, it is not too badly when i see the variations of positions due to variable weather.

Congrats to Nigel and the podium, thanks David and all opponents, it was really fun :)

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT F1
Mod: Mak-Corp Formula 1 2007

Track: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2598Istabul (Default)
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 15 minutes (server will be up during the day for people to practice on)
Qualification: Superpole 10 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 20 laps (Mandatory pitstop in both races)

Notes:
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

All race results can be found here -> results

Entry List

1. -
  2. Kimmo Kokkonen (Honda - Button)
  3. Mattia Gottardi (Toyota - Schumacher)
  4. Chris Jacque (Torro Rosso - Liuzzi)
  5. Jakob de Boer (Spyker - Albers)
  6. Michal Szabo (Toyota - Trulli)
  7. Martin Bulgin (Williams - Rosberg)
  8. Eliezer Bartik (Ferrari - Raikkonen)
  9. Frans Lindon (Honda - Barrichello)
  10. Graham Healey (Red Bull - Culthard)
  11. Mark Guy (Massa - Ferrari)
  12. Ronny Rooij (BMW - Kubica)
  13. Dan Allinson (McLaren - Alonso)
  14. Nicolas Rouge (Renault - Fisichella)
  15. Coen Mulder (Toro Rosso - Speed)
  16. Jason Staerck (Red Bull - Webber)
  17. Jan Grabowski - (Super Aguri - Sato)
  18. Mark Sorensen - (Super Aguri - Davidson)
  19. Chris Sykes (BMW - Heidfeld)
  20. Michael Humpherson (Williams - Wurz)
  21. Jim McGhee (Renault - Kovalainen)
  22. Stefan Beemsterboer (Spyker - Sutil)
Reserves

1. Maurice Hurkmans
  2. Dave Stephenson
  3. -
Remaining Car Choices

McLaren - Alonso
McLaren - Hamilton
Renault - Fisichella
Renault - Kovalainen
Ferrari - Massa
Ferrari - Raikkonen
Honda - Button
Honda - Barrichello
BMW - Heidfeld
BMW - Kubica
Toyota - Schumacher
Toyota - Trulli
Red Bull - Culthard
Red Bull - Webber
Williams - Rosberg
Williams - Wurz
Toro Rosso - Liuzzi
Toro Rosso - Speed
Spyker - Sutil
Spyker - Albers
Super Aguri - Sato
Super Aguri - Davidson

I´m afraid but not that i jump infront of the next train. :wink:

lol :D

And about UnOfficial Mini Friday: Nigel Atkins increased the gap thanks to rain came in last 10 minutes. But there are still more than 20 races still so anything may happen.

1. Nigel Atkins - 85
  2. Dariusz Swiderski - 42
  3. Andreas Loffler - 41
  4. Micheal Herrmann - 28
  5. Emil Sallberg - 28
  6. Anders Nilsson - 28
  7. Martijn Van Bommel - 27
  8. Kjell Stenbeck - 25
  9. Hugo Hekkenberg - 22
  10. Henrik Horvath - 20
View attachment RD_Mini_Friday_Results.rar

Status