RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I really had to practice more but didnt had the time, just run a few laps this week to go over the track smoothly but didnt work on the setup. Did the race almost with the basic setup, with a few adjustments I did in the afternoon before the race.

In qualy I didnt expect any surprises from my side, I knew the times in the top 3 were out of my league and just did my lap and took 7th place. Had 66 laps to gain positions :)

Start of the race was not good, I think it was Steve in front of me with some lag and really scared me. While trying to avoid him I sligthy hitted Michael if I remember correctly, sorry.
After a few laps it was clear for me, didnt had the pace I would like to have and was driving the race pretty much alone. The GT Sport guys paid good attention and gave enough room to overtake them :thumb:

As I didnt do any practice I was very doubtfull of my strategy, wanted to do 3 stops but my car was really bad with tyre wear between 65 and 75%. So decided to make 4 stops instead as I didnt want to wreck my car with these tyres.
In the end of the race, with I believe 10 or 12 laps to go, I was catching Steve. Yeah finally a battle for position after almost 2,5 hours racing. But unfortunately for Steve he lost his rear end and I took 5th, could have been a nice battle to the end.
Finished 5th and I'm very happy with that :)

As for the weather, sorry for the late announcement. I had little time and was still setting it up and testing it Saturday afternoon. Some thought it was unrealistic and to hot but as it is virtual racing anything is possible imo. Wanted to give you guys an exta strategy and dont run the standard 20 degrees dry weather the game provides. I hope most of you liked the extra challenge.

Was a great race, 16 cars finished. Congrats to all who made the finish line and congrats to the winners of the classes!!

Cya all next time :)

Great races guys and gratz to podies.

Sorry again Simon, I had a much later braking point and just couldn't pull it up in time. Was going to just sit behind you for a few laps and hope to catch up a bit on those up front.

quallyed 16th/17
race 1: made the perfect start and did a wall of death around everyone , somehow keeping it out the wall and avouding a bunch of spinners , into 9th
then faught my way up into 7th then gunthar and simon touched and gunthar spun , simon waited but waited on the racing line and i had nowhere to go , very sorry if that was the reason for your retirement and then was just a waiting game while people went past due to wrecked suspention came home 13th
race 2: okay start with simon behind me but retook him and put up a bit of a fight untill he got through. then everything went wrong as i missed pit and got a puncture then missed it on next 2 laps , then i got out the track and spent ages trying 2 get back in then ran wide and cliped wall and got a dnf :frown:

Hell of a race!!! Beautiful and exciting!:D

Qualification:Right before to enter in the HotLap,my engine start smoking and the temperature was red,so i made my hotlap with short shifts,before red zone and qualified 4th in my GT2 class,16th overall.

Race:
The race started something like that: :D
1.bmp

Than I(on the left) and Stefan(on the right) overtooked Yuri(on the middle)
2.bmp

Overtake view from Yuri's BMW.
3.bmp

In T2,Andreas was 1st,i was 2nd and Stefan 3rd with Martini Mosler and right behind him,again,Yuri :D
4.bmp

Traffic jam at the back of the grid
5.bmp

Stefan take off.....
6.bmp

First long straight after the start.Landscape with all GT2 cars with Andreas leader(there were at least 2 cars from GT1)
7.bmp

My team mate Dinca Andrei lost control in T3 and spin in fonrt of Ondrej who barely managed to avoid him.
8.bmp

Andreas take advantage in front lap by lap....
9.bmp

Me overtooking 2 other M3's at the middle of the race.
10.bmp

I'v had a 3 pitstop strategy wich costed me 2 places,from 2nd i finished 4th without being overtaked my a GT2 on the circuit...
Overall great racing but some GT1 cars should wait to have a straight for overtake and not force us staying in our bumper to gain blue flag after blueflag.
Great fight with Yuri for 16 laps untill i made my first pit because i forgot to disable auto pilot.He was faster than me in pits and he entered the circuit right in front of me with 3 seconds.
Grats winners of the both classes and also very good race for the finishers:cool:.
Thank you RaceDepartment and Remco for this great event!

Q: A bit of a crash into a wall so started the last
R1: I tried to avoid all crashes, but unfortunately couldn't and one of them got my engine overheating and suspension problems and after one more lap my engine was blown
R2: Started 15 and again tried to avoid all crashes but again didn't manage and suspension problem. I managed to finish the race with this in I think 15th or 16th.
Conclusion: Never start from behind or you need tons of luck to avoid everything. I had lots of fun overall(even if i was angry after first race but taught that if I'm angry I will produce more damage to the others). Congratulations to all, especially for the podium and many thanks to RD Staff and all drivers.

Sorry Mike and anyone else caught up in that crash, I wasn't waiting, I'd stalled and was trying to get it restarted and get out of the way. Gunthar it was as much my fault, I braked too early through lack of practice.
Race two was more fun, and by the last half of the I started to see what a great track this is.
Thanks for the racing :thumbup:

Quali was good did a PB and made it to 12th

Race 1 I made a great start and off the line rocketed off up 9th going in to T2 I forgot to use my left foot on the brake and clutch so as I turned in to the turn back end steps out and I spun it so down in to 17th started to work my way back up then I got caught out with the accident between Gardener and I'm guess it was Rowe I hit Gardener and I ended up with suspension problems still I battled on and at the end of the race I finished 12th.

Race 2 again from 12th made a great start then there was that mass spining at T1 I lost some time but managed to avoid hitting anyone, then came the task of passing Mike Bell which was a challenge in it's self lot of ricoshaying off the walls for him but me and Linus managed to make the pass I had him right on my bumper for a while but then started to put some distance between us, coming close to my pit stop I got spun by someone who didn't wait so lost some time and after the pits I lost my place to Linus finished 10th

Had really good fun as normal, Thanks RD and David for getting this race setup and see you guys next sunday :doublethumb:

I quite like this track, especially in the wet as I found out in a Mini recently. I didn't do much practice in a S2000 car so I didn't get up to speed until Race 2 in which I got my fastest lap of the whole event.

Qualifying was good, better than practice but Ariel was just too good round the track so I ended up in 2nd .6 secs down but everyone behind was nice and close.

Got a decent start for race 1 which let me hold off pressure from third for the first lap to hold second. Dan and Miguel were close behind me for the next few laps. I felt comfortable defending as I had no intention of catching Ariel so I was mixing in some smooth driving with late braking when needed. Coming into the second chicane complex, I got hit and spun round but my car escaped with some lost paint and I carried on. From there I was racing with Dan and we kept exchanging places until the end. The last lap saw some great driving from both of us, side by side through both chicanes. He ended up winning the battle though as I overestimated my braking ability into the hairpin so he nipped past for 4th. I just got all the clips of the video I going to make of the battle but you can't hear anything as I had the sound turned down :eek: I'll sort it later.

So 1-0 to Dan but I once again was ahead for race 2. I got a average start but Dan flew out the blocks and held the inside line for T2. I was sandwiched between Linus and Dan into T1 and I think I would have made it ok but I got tapped twice spinning me round into the oncoming traffic. I was crapping my pants and it looked like I wasn't the only one who got spun as all hell broke loose. I got an unlucky hit on my RF breaking the suspension and rendering my car useless round most the track so I had to pit. For some reason my Suspension/Aero pit preset wasn't on so I must have lost 10 seconds faffing around in the menu while driving 30m past my pitbox. Now dead last and 38 seconds behind 16th I put in some fast laps and on the last couple managed to get into 10th without any trouble. 10th or better is always the target so I can't complain considering my first lap. 2-0 to Dan though......

I agree With your comments there James. Race 1 was a perfect example of how close racing can be without contact. Everyone is eager to overtake the person in front but to often it ends in tears. To be able to race on the limit bumper to bumper, side by side and not take each other off shows that the people behind the wheels or keys in your case are processing & calculating alot more than where can I pass this guy.

I had fun again. messed up qualy by spinning in one of the last corners.

Had a decent start in Race 1. managed to stay as good as gets out of trouble.
Almost got nailed by Bjorn though going into T4. :D
I want to apologise to Paul for making him spin again, just after he had spun. I tried to avoid Mike, but went on the trhottle too early so I spun and ended up hitting him.
After all that race went on alright and I ended up in tenth position, due to some dropping out.

Had a decent start at Race 2 again, but couldn't avoid the spun Linus this time.
Tried to keep up with the rest of the pack, then I got hit and couldn't avoid Rafael anymore, sorry for that.
(I just never thought Chris liked me that much, giving me all those little kisses. :tongue:)
Race went on just as usual, and I ended up 13th.

Thank you all for making it an enjoyable morning/mid-day for me.

Oh we touched on that last pass, thats it race investigation points de-ducted.

I was throwing everything out of the car on that straight when i got past you. The passenger seat went, i threw the cigarette lighter out, a vanilla magic tree, I even found an old pair of pants in the glove box (not sure what they were doing in there, anyway this is a race Dan get back to it). Everything went just to get a little more speed and try and gap you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%