RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry about that crash eric d, i must of started braking just after you and nudged you, i did slow down but you were out of the race :redface:. other than that race 1 was ok, not on the pace but managing to keep it on the track.

Race 2, started 12th and had to brake almost straight away as the road was block by some bad starts, on the last corner some spun in front of me and crashed into him, so pitted in. I seemed to of lost all rhythm and had a few off's eventually get lapped. I tried to get out of the way as soon as i could when i was being lapped, hope i didn't block anyone.

Man, I am really disappointed and have no one to blame but myself.

First, I nearly missed the event as I was browsing JSC Speeds catalog for subie parts and completely lost track of time. Joined the event with about 5-10 minutes of practice remaining and having done no prior practice. Luckily I know this track really well and was able to quali inside the top 10 just behind Eric N.

Race 1: I got a good start, but had to let off as I had Sam in front of me and I was worried Eric would push me off track as his car consumed my lane. Then through T1 a bunch a of chaos ensued, as I new it would having a number of cars zoom past me in the braking zone. I had to slow down a fair bit to avoid contact and kept it on track as others were spinning off. By turn three I was hard on Eric D's tail and slipped through by holding a much tighter line in the carousel. By the end of lap one I had some how made it up to fifth. With huge gaps to the front and rear I really just settled in and ran my own race. The only to get close to me was Eric N as I made a few mistakes costing me about 4 seconds or so. Finished in a surprising fifth.

Race 2: Starting from fourth I got a pretty decent start and took Eric N off the line for third. Peter ran really wide in T1 and I was attempting to go around him he decided to try and defend and I had to let off as he was gonna force me off the track. This allowed Saul to get through. I had Eric N close on my tail and get a nudge from him between turns five and six. I get a little loose, but keep it toghter as Eric falls back slightly. For the remainder of lap one Saul, Peter and I were really close, but no one tried anything funny. Going down the start finish straight, Sam got a little loose coming over the hill and lost control of his vette. Things got a little tight as I had to swerve to avoid Sam, whom was rejoining after his off, just as Cristian was passing me in the insanely fast Viper. A few turns later Cristian attempts to pass Saul and they come together. As they are going off they also collect Peter, gifting me the lead. I once again have Eric N close on my tail, but he makes a mistake and falls back. I now have Tyler chasing me. Tyler out brakes himself into turn nine and runs off after nearly missing me. I run really wide in the final turn and Keith gets a great run on me down the straight. I am able to stay with him and pass him between turns three and four as he drops a wheel and struggles to keep his Vette straight. I then foolishly run off as I am pushing the front coming out of the carousel. As I am struggling to keep the car straight and safely rejoin, my car makes jump to the right, right in front of Eric N who slams into the back of me killing my engine instantly. No worries Eric, if anything I would call this a racing incident. I am really disappointed though as this was shaping up to be one hell of a race. My heart sank as I sat staring at the wall. Oh well... better luck next time I guess.

Quick race report for me.

Practice I load up the sexy Foster's Sponsored Vette with a prepackaged setup and think I am going to be quick right off after some offline testing. Well that car turned ou tto be a HUGE POS! With 5 mins to go I exit to the trailer and rol out the ever drivable SALEEN! YEah man big Ford power and a sexy shell make this one of my favorites!

Q: I get the Saleen working nicely and Grid 7th, I am really happy with that for sure!

R1: get a really nice start and a jump on Yves. He slides left and locks me out form a pass by running with Sam! Then he slides left and has conatct with Sam! Looking in the replay I don;t touch Yves but it seems strange he moves that way. I lift and let them get control and hope not to get collected! I am down one spot to 8th with Yuri on my right entering the brake zone for T1. I brake bit early to leave room to dodge any mayhem up front. YUri oversetimates his braking ability and torpedos Yves into the gravel. I am stuck outside and defensive to avoid getting collected. I drop a wheel in the grass and loop it exiting T1! Nobody gets collected by me thankfully but the whole field is streaming by at hyper speed. Damn this is not good so far despite my caution.

Corey and William are agro at T3 off the straight and I am now up to 14th and challenging a group of 5 cars starting with Nuke Estes. I get around him in T5 but we have contact and I slide around T6 no worse for wear and move along. I am P12 when I exit carousel when Ringtone Petersen is on the green stuff for a second. I pass Peter bartfai when he goes in the grass exiting the KINK. P11! John resnik is in the kitty litter at the end of the back straight and I am P10! I am P9 when Sam goes off in the last corner to the main straight! Ok I am making up some ground and think I can atleat hold this spot if I driver well.

Lap 2 Hoover Edgar leaves the track and I am now P8! WoW only 9 more laops to go! Peter is about a .5 behind me which mean he can hang there all day since we are similar in speed most days.

Lap 3 Chssing Rockband Dennis and Jesse Ventura within 3 feet of JEsse ATM. entering T1 I leave it of space to see what happens with Eric adn Sam when Peter puts late brake job on me outside! we roll thru T1 clean but Sam and Dennis are tangled a bit and I shoot in side and power up to pass both of them before T2! Risky move but it pays off and I am putting 2 cars between Peter and me which helps me feel safer.

Now that I have reviewed the replay I clipped Sam's rear quarter just enough to spin him around and he hits the wall hard. SAM I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT I HAD NO IDEA I CONTACTED YOU AND WAS NOT LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AT THE MOMENT OF TRUTH> Really sorry man I would have waited had I known this had happened.

I finish the race in P6 after chasing Stefan. I had low fuel and had to cover this spot or risk a dnf which I was not wanting to do.

R2 I start P3 and get a good start but lose 2 spots to Stefan and Saul at T1. I bobble exiting the Kinkk and hold my line while Flash HAba sails by in the factory VIPER. P6

Lap 2 Its Peter, Saul,Christian and Stefan ahead of me in 5th. Sam Mehler had a slow moment on the main straight and we al get past him cleanly. Saul and Christian have a really ugly moment off the straight entering the slow left hander and Saul Flies off track and Christian is off as well. Peter has been hit by Saul as well and he is in the grass but not to damaged apparently. NOw Stefan LEads then me and Tyler in tow all seperated by .4 in total ATM. Ilose it off the back straight braking and Tyler is P2 now and I am not loving myself for that silly mistake. I press on to try and gain back my P2...

Stefan ,Tyler and Keith all battle for the top 3 spots and I manage to close to about 1 second before TYler makes a mistake and I am back to a podium for now! KEith gets by stefan but gets loose and I close up to about .6. Stefan goes wide exiting carousel and I come hurtling out and headed to the KInk on WOT. Stefan is in the grass competely then outs two on the tradk then back in the grass then all four on the track as I come up and nail him. I thought he was staying on the grass til we passed idf possible. I couldn't hack the wheel or I ll sail off and destroy the car so I squarely hit STefan. Sory Man I hate to see that happen to us both and you get the worst of it.

So now I am P2 and Tyler is oushing and closing on me a little at a time. I defend on speed alone for 3 laps before I am a hair cslow out of the kink abnd tyler goes for a inside outbrake pass at the end of the straight. I brake early for a cross over move to his inside if he goes wide. He goes wide and I retake P2 with light contact door to door. Nice racing there Tyler! Fun fun stuff!

NOw my car is understeering more than race 1 and its not going to get better. Tyler is Lurking close by and Christian is not too far off either!

IN the same corner we battled earlier I loop it and nearly get collected by Tyler and Christian! Damn there goes P2 with 2 laps left! I finish in P4 and really cannot complain too much!

FUn racing and a 4th overall is about as good as it gets for me!

Hope you all enjoyed the racing here at Road America!

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-32-29-11.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-32-29-11.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-57-53-47.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-57-53-47.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-08 00-00-58-19.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-08 00-00-58-19.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-34-00-24.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-34-00-24.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-58-06-74.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-58-06-74.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-08 00-01-25-87.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-08 00-01-25-87.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-44-35-35.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-44-35-35.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-58-22-55.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-58-22-55.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-57-44-40.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-07 23-57-44-40.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 191
That really hurt I had a feeling it was you or the person in the lister I think it was but no worries that's my racing somehow. I actually did not want to hit the audi in front of me so I slowed down a lot just to reframed from punting him in the wall. After you hit me I went hard into the wall and that ended my race instantly but just before I was going back to the pit my car barely comes back on the track and someone else smacked into me and that was my bad to the person that hit me. I tried everything to keep it off the track but the grass slipped me back on. So that race was a total bust and my bad for talking during the race.

R2. Did a little better but still my frustration got the best of me and could not keep the car on the track and had to finish P11 which was last again. I try to over work the car and that brings me off the track and using the wheel with the sequential shifter is not that easy especially with these cars,

Again eric don't worry about it I got you on sunday with the magic car in the middle of the road trick so you can say that was a little payback lol. I still watch that video HEHE.

If I learned anything about tonight it's that showing up with no practice time and trying to race with you guys is a no no. I never once felt good with either track or car, and it really showed.

This was my worst race yet with you guys.:mad:

anyway, thanks again to Eric for the organizing, and to all of you who showed up. in the future I'll be back after I've practiced/have setupfor whatever venue is being hosted.

Cheers'

Define free Giorgos.

Currently donations need to be €400 per month for 2 race servers and the forum, which gives a clue as to how much the servers server will cost. A quad core server with 4gb ram and unlimited bandwidth on i3d is €50 to set up and €250 per month. If you choose to stream flash as the format, Adobe Flash Media Server cost €1269, the encoder is free.

That's €1319euro straight away and €250 per month after that. A huge amount.

A cheaper alternative would involve using software that implements Microsoft's MMS or RTSP protocols for streaming wmv format video. Free software exists for this but generally comes without support or warranty. which isn't always a draw back but has the potential to be.

A better alternative would be to use a media streaming service with its own software and streaming servers which you are licensed to use. an example is livestream.com. That would cost $350 per month OR $3500 (upfront) for a year. That would give HD, ad-free streaming of 3000 viewer hours and a 1TB of storage. Sounds a lot but if we have it every league will use it, special events like this enduro. RDLMS could use hundreds of hours for an event if only people who were registered to drive watched, before you count other people. Every hour above the 3000 is charged individually as is every GB above the storage limit. It would get hugely expensive with either option.

It would be very cool though but not very free.

ps, if I win the Euro Millions anytime soon you can have anything you want streamed :) but thats also pretty unlikely :(
There are free alternatives to Adobe's RTMP server. YouTube doesn't even use that. They use Lighttpd which is a free open source web server, much like Apache, which can stream flash video just fine when properly setup. Also, why pay for a service such as livestream.com when Ustream is free? Just a thought.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that bandwidth and hardware cost can add up quickly. Just saying that there are much cheaper alternatives available to those you have listed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%