RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry for the last minute Arrival Stefan. It took me 4 times to get the mod to work and then got in right at Quali

Had a blast both races and was a little off the front pace but did better than expected. Great mod and would like to try another race in these for sure maybe Elkhart lake. Good to race with Gary again its been a while and overall was a good group tonight. Will be out west USA on vacation for next 3 weeks starting Friday so I wanted to get another race in. Thanks Stefan and grats on the race 2 win and Rhys with yet another win race 1. See ya next time, Marty

Race one from 2nd place and i nailed it all perfect and blasted Yves down to T1,then im not sure what happened :D,a white car appeared at speed on my right,i eased up a little to let him shoot past my nose and go wide,then i turned in and it went bad from there,got tapped around then clobbered a little,even a little bonus nudge when i was trying to recover myself :/ (a tough room to work man),dusted myself down and got on with it,good tussle with a couple of guys sorting out the 2nd and 3rd places as Rhys was gone in the lead now,my first attempt to close on him went wrong with a spin out so my fun was those laps of racing until i got properly settle again 2nd to the finish.
Race 2 and again a real good start but nowhere to go with it this time and had to back off and join the train of 8 down to T1 and came out the other side still 8th of 8 :),i just kept my eye on Rhys and sort of followed him,not sure what happened at the the second chicane with Reggie?,i moved out from behind him to see some brake markers and found myself moving past his car with some big extra speed under braking,so much so as to put me more or less past,but i looked rear view and he was off in the first turn in?,i didnt feel anything,and was sure i done no wrong so kept on with Rhys,there was a point where i thought we might just close in on the leader near the end,but we both got equally scruffy at the same turns at more or less the same time,but alas Rhys had another moment braking in for T1 and done the classic spear to left,just as you want to actually go right ...lol (weve all been there Rhys lad ;P),so a breeze past in to another 2nd place finish,no catching Stefan really,but i had fun having a futile attempt for the last lap and a half ;).
Cheers all there tonight almost giving us a grid of 10.
Thank You Stefan & RD

Yea dont beat yourself up there Yves buddy,most of us know you very well by now and can be sure its a glitch night/day that we all have every now and again,no one is worse than me for hitting a slump-zone,only in my case they can last for a week! :/.

Good at least to see you again on a track since so long,and today we race two events in one day,soon more im sure ;).

Take it easy there Marty m8 and im sure we will hook up again in something,just not those horrible FWD WTCC things eh?!,your too fast for me in them ;).

Time for a report of some kind.

In prac i could run mid 22's and low 23's with full race fuel consistantly. Then i stuffed my neck/shoulders again and on fri night i couldnt get into a high 23 nor run many laps. So i went into the race day thinking just to do the best i could and last as long as i could before pain got to bad, but as well all know when your on track racing you forget about everything else and just drive.

Qual. I thought to myself just go out and lay a lap down and see what happens. So with race fuel on board i went out. I had a small off in T3 on the grass which lost alot of my speed. Frustrated i then pushed harder then i wanted to and it worked. I come in with a very low 23 and ended up in P10 for the race.

Race 1: Started ok (on par with everyone else) settled into the train before T2 to then have a wild lacetti come flying around the outside close to out of control (not sure who it was). I adjusted the car to avoid them and had a moment where i lost control and ended on the grass. This dropped me back close to the rear of the pack. I then worked my way up to behind M. Hunter and decided to bide my time as i was faster then he was. I knew patience would be prudent. 2 laps later i found an opening and passed and set my sights on the car in front again. Mr Hunter had other ideas and tried to pass me back heading into T6, and hit my rear. He pulled over and we continued. Next lap same thing, with same result, then for some reason he left the game. This left me in 12th position and running by myself. It stayed this way for pretty much the rest of the race. I came home in 8th position.

Race 2. Found myself in pole and was getting nervous as i tend to run cautiously (of late) for the first lap or two to let the car and myself settle, but i knew i would not be able to do that when sitting in pole. The race started and i got off to a good start entering T1 still in first but with Tyler on my tail followed by every other driver. Heading into T5 and 6 i was still in the lead but only just. I knew from race one that my car lacked straight line speed so i blocked slightly that if Tyler wanted to pass he would have to go very wide to do so but he was satisfied to stay behind me at this point. Mid corner T9 i got unsettled and this allowed Tyler to get a run on me over the start finish. I decided not to contest T1 side by side so i let off to allow him passed. I then settled in for a couple of laps to try and get a rhythm going and settle my neck and shoulders down which were starting to ache badly after the first race. Ryan then closed in on me and applied pressure for a couple of laps. He was warping and lagging badly from my perspective (coming into and out of my view in swingman) and from previous encounters i know he likes to push the driver in front as hard as he can to force a mistake and drives close behind. I had a small off through T5 at which time i knew Ryan would dive in and take the opportunity to pass so i stayed wide to let him through because i knew it would end badly from one or both of us if i tried to hold position. A couple of laps later with Stedan on my tail as i was feeling the pressure and was tensing up more as a result, thus causing more pain in my neck, Going through T5 and 6 again Stedan saw a gap and went for it and I came off second best in the contact. Stefan waited as i tried to get back on track asap but lost all revs and the car wouldnt get traction in the sand. Back on track and racing again and the race became uneventful from her for a few laps. I was travelling well settling into to driving my own race. Got a good pit stop in and came out with a good feeling car to complete the race. A lap or two later i came across a wounded Michael Carver, again coming through T5 and 6. Michael expected to get passed by me down the back straight but i wasnt close enough to get in behind him and my car I had noticed wasnt as fast in a straight line as everyone else was down the straight. As a result i didnt make the pass and had to gauge how much Michael would slow heading into T8 as he was missing his front bumper. This worked out ok as he didnt slow as much as i thought he would. T9 i was close to Michael now and i didnt react quick enough to him braking more then he did for the previous corner and i tagged his rear right. (Totally my fault, none of Michales what so ever) I went off and hit the wall puncturing my front right wheel. Limped into the pits to replace the tyre and the rest of the race was uneventful. I think i came in 13th and very sore and stiff.

Overall i think it was a good race. I enjoyed the racing and the track, and thanks to Keith for his tips in race 2. Ill hopefully see everyone next week for another great round of racing.

Qualifying - I did my lap then wandered off to refill on supplies before the race, get back and see I'm in P3... new ground for me! (1.22.4)

Race 1 - Dropped back off the line thanks to the honk honk speedster BMW of Yves and had my hands full battling with Dan Allinson. Yves lets it loose in the slow section after a few laps and I'm back to third, scary times.. Still had Dan very, very close behind until on the way up the back straight he missed the kink in the straight cause he was so close behind and clipped the grass having a bad spin :(

After that pretty uneventful, for 3rd and my first ever podium :thumbup:

Race 2 - Keith and I come together at Turn 3 and both DNF, shame for both of us but these things happen! :)

Great race track, great fun can't wait till next week :)

Server is up :thumb:

To all that use TeamSpeak.
Please remember to respect your fellow drivers that use TeamSpeak as well as on the track.
Please try to leave any grievances until after the race and follow the grievance process in the top post.
Some members find outbursts distracting so lets respect others and leave all issues until the races have finished :thumb:

Enjoy:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back