RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This would be my first race @ RD also...

I am only doing 1:30-1:35's in the Cadillac on Semi-Pro settings. :flat:
- I can't find anywhere to DL the Dodge setup file that you referenced.

I did not see any \"difficulty\" setting listed in the first post?

Are you guys racing PRO settings?

Am I just going to get in the way?

EDIT - just tried the practice server - set a 1:32.xx in the Cadillac & then saw it was on PRO!

http://www.racedepartment.com/us-muscle-cars/

look here for setups

Right guys, this was some race and on a very tight track.

Quailed 11th, had a good start but got held up due to those in front a lost a couple of places. Didn't panic as I had a full tank and took the first lap easy. Got into a nice rhythm and got upto 9th with no one behind that I could see. Started to put together some good laps, 1.24.xx, and was looking forward to those in front making a pitstop or 2. Now on lap 12 and thought I'ld better clean my screen as it was dirty with some bug innards right in my field of vision. Coming down the back straight turned wipers on and went to turn them off before the long right hander and missed my braking piont by mm and next thing I know I'm heading of into the wall, dammmmmmmmm. :D

Anyway, thanks Yves and RD for a grt event, thanks to all the guys that showed up, brilliant, & I hope to do better next time. :)

managed to do 1:23:9xx on qualy, which was pretty much as planned, giving me 8th position (I think)
started ok, after few corners 7th and then 6th (somebody spinned giving me that position), Terry was right behind me making presure but somehow managed to make some difference on him, spinned very nasty just before MOSS turn giving position to Terry, from there just keeping 7th until pit stop...and then it started, for some reason (guess it was because cutting white line on pit entry) when had entered pit and confirmed preset nothing happened, crs was just standing there giving me no control but waiting like it was refueling and changing tires - strange, repeated pit stop on next lap and no problems then...except lost almost a minute?? Finished last with about 45 sec after Michal

wd all, was really very nice race, close qualy and great fun

thx Yves, too bad about that last spin...thx RD

That was a great race!!:tongue:

Qualied 4th place. HAd a very good start and was 3rd after turn 1. First few laps i could keep up with bommel and Yves, but then i got some little tiny mistakes, so fell back 4 seconds and rising. Then got a little bit of rythm, with 1.23.8 laps and got a gap to 4th place. I thought everybody had to make a pitstop:eh:, so i did in lap 19. Fell back to 9th pos., gained 3 places to become 6th overall.
Not bad, but not happy with the pitstop.grrrr:(

Better luck next time!!

Thanks and see you all later :p

I had one of my better races in a while. I qualified 12th which I wasn't thrilled with and thought it would be one of my usual races, but after the first few laps, I found myself well within the top 10. I had some great races with Will, Brandon, Claudio and even Rhys. The first race I finished 6th as I kept my nose clean and head clear and held my own against challengers. I had a few mental errors that allowed Will to pull away. Claudio kept me on my toes most of the race. Again, good racing guys.
Race 2 I started 3rd, and as usual, I knew the inverted field meant there would be some busy corners and paint rubbing. That was the case, of course. I have to say there were a few drivers that seemed to think they belonged up front and got a bit pushy. I thought it was unnecessary and felt a little satisfaction when a few of you got spun around at the chicane. Really, would it have hurt to just wait until we got to the long straight?
After the mess on the first lap I was in a good spot - 5th or 6th, with Rhys behind me. I knew Rhys was faster than me from qualifying and Race 1, but I wasn't going to make it easy. And it wasn't easy. Rhys got into in the sweeper after the long straight and turned me around. Once we got going again we were 9th or 10th. Sometime later, he got into me again and put me sideways but I saved it and kept going. It was getting a little frustrating, but I wasn't going to give up my spot easily. Then in the chicane, I got spun again, by Rhys. I had to let a few cars go before moving on. I wasn't very happy and I think I was finally unnerved enough that Rhys got by me a short time later when I braked too late and had to go wide.
I do appreciate that you waited for me each time and, up until the last contact, we had some good battles. I like having someone close behind as it pushed me. Makes me turn it up a notch, which I need.
I think I ended up 10th for the race and 8th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back