RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali pole!!

Race 1: Had a good start and kept first place, and there on it was just a matter of keeping my pace to the end had pulled out a 30 sek. lead but had to slow down the last lap as I was promised that I could do 21 laps on the fuel load I had, but it only just did 17 (the game is a lair, Lair Lair pants on fire ;P) and I managed to crawl home in first, Woo Hoo!

Race 2: started 8th, and had another good start and got up to 2'nd a couple of laps In I made a good move to pas Carl Middleton to take the lead, and I started to pull away but a little over half way, now with Ross in 2nd, I lost the back end out of the last corner and smashed into the pit wall with a puncture and slight suspension damage managed to crawl an entire lap back to the pits and changed all tires and got back in last place I had the other Middleton brother in front of me about 26 sek ahead and tried to chatsh him and do so on the last lap and pased him as he made a mistake under braking so I finished 5th out of the remaining 6.

• Drivername: Connor Caple
  • I understand the Golden rules: YES
Can some of you post some times online so I can see what I'm up against, pretty please? :)

I'm barely under 2 minutes on a lap at the moment *chuckles* I am used to getting lapped on mini-Fridays anyway, no worries...

I'll probably total it into the wall at some point, but I quite like this track. That first corner is a killer if you touch the brakes before all 4 wheels are back on the ground though *gulps*

Sorry I ducked out of Race 2 - This was a fun track, but I'm exhausted.

Had a really good battle with Eric D. for most of Race 1. Made the pass coming out of the Left-Right sequence before the final turn on (?) lap 2. Thought I might pull away, but it wasn't to be, as he quickly started pacing me. I was quick leaving the hairpin and through that L-R sequence, but his 'Vette could well out-power me in the straights. We seemed to alternate being better through turn 1. After a couple of minor bobbles at the old stadium right which allowed him to gain time, I was passed when I looped it in T1 after braking late. This allowed an 8 sec. lead with 11 minutes to go. I started chewing it down, between nothing and a second a lap, until I was within 2-3 seconds or so with 4 laps left. I started to press a little too hard then, and stuck myself along the wall going into the last turn, pretty much ending the day. Good race Eric. Enjoyed the chase.

I had a fun event. Chasing Dariusz for Quick lap in PRactice (.030 gap) he he he

Race 1 went well but clipped the last turn barrier mid race to allow Dariusz to run free and extend. Finished P2 and happy with it for sure.

Race 2 got a good start and a tight battle with Rhys on theopening lap. Then battled with John Reznik and we both get the wors of it coming off the last corner, Others spin as well and its fre for all to get going again. I slide in behind Sam, Eric D and Jarrod with Dariusz in tow. I am lacking force feedback in this race and I let Dariusz go by on lap 4. I hold the car togetehr and eventually pass Eric D and Jarrod but cannot catch Dariusz. HE is reeling in Sam for P1 and I can see Sam now but its a big gap to close in 6 mins.

Then Dariusz goes DISCO gifting an upgreade to Sam and I. That just SUX Dariusz! you were clearly the class of the field tonight and deserve a douboe win!

I go P2 and thats it for me.

Fun racing guys really enjoyed it! Stay tuned! MOre GT action to come!

Great track, pretty good car, but the driver needs some work :redface:

Qually Spyker in 5th - pretty happy with that, but I still had a low speed understeer I couldn't get rid of, Overall pretty happy though.

R1 - had an ok start, but manage to bump into Sam as he lifts/avoids someone in the first corner, :redface:. I wait for him to rejoin and I continue. Ran pretty much solo after that, I was managing to keep a vette and BMW in sight for several laps, but I could not make any headway.

R2 - Started at the front, blew the first corner under braking, a vette blasts by me(I think Sam) and I rejoin with Eric Nelson hounding me. He gets inside me on the downhill going into T3, I keep touch into four, and manage to get next to him in the 5-6 left/right, when he went a little wide on entry. Can't out drag the vette up the hill though, and he leads going into the downhill final 7-8 corners.
I somehow manage to gain on him through these corners, and get a good run into/through 8, right on his bumper, but I just touch him as we exit, and we spin. Rhys was right behind during all of this, and he gets collected. I think Eric got a little loose(from replay) on exit and I just was too close. Sorry guys.
Anyway, we rejoin, Rhys looks like he was pulling aside to let me pass, which I totally didn't feel entitled to in any way, as the mess was my fault, and I continue to chase him out of one. He pulls over again, so I take it, and he hounds me for the next lap, where I go wide out of 1, and he goes by.
I chase Rhys until 3, where I gain under braking, but manage to bump into him while trying to go inside, and put him into a slide. He mostly saves it, and continues on. Sorry again. I thought I saw you go a little left, and I let off braking to try to turn inside you, Rhys. Only thing I'm happy about is I didn't completely turn you, and you managed to continue on. Quite annoyed with myself after this.
Anyway, after that it was mostly lapping and watching gaps to the car ahead. Couldn't make any progress, although I managed to hold the gap for several laps. You guys are just too quick for me to claw back from my mistakes.
Gonna have to keep working at it.

Thanks to all who showed up. Lovin' the gt cars.

Cheers' and sorry again

John

This was a good race but one that shows me that to be competitive, I'll need a bit more work/prep time before 9:00 that night. I know this track as I've lapped here plenty. In practice, I put up a low 1.34 and I thought that may be competitive but then all you fast guys started to show up....

I ran low 1.34 in the BMW and felt that a mid to low 1.33 was possible and by the time quali was over, we had 5 drivers in the 1.33 or better with poll in the 1.32s. As usual, I'm a good bit off pace with the poll but I usually make some ground in race as I've been able to race clean in the past and avoid the big mistakes that end races.

Race 1 I was hustling to keep up with the leaders as I had hoped that this track would keep everyone kinda bunched up and give me a chance to hang around the lead pack. That didn't happen as the leaders were just too fast. I settled into 5th, had a good several laps with Sam after he made a mistake and came back to me. He was just too strong in that vette and i couldn't keep pace but the thing about those vettes and all that power is that sometimes later in the race, they require so much concentration to keep straight and consistent, sometimes that can cause mistakes. In this case, Sam did make a few mistakes but not enough for me to keep him at bay. I didn't have enough power (read power as skill) in my BMW with a 6 wing to keep up with that powerhouse. John Reznik was behind me and was putting pressure on me the whole race. The margin was enough to keep me from watching my mirror but each lap, I watched the margin and tried to manage it to the end. By the end, I had used up all my margin save 2 seconds.

I finished 5th which wasn't a suprise to me.

Race 2: I decided to lower my wing to 4 to see if I could hold off those vettes in race 2. I got off to a decent start but the car in front of me botched the start so I had to slow and swerve around. By the time we got to turn 1, I was in 7th of 7 after starting in the 3rd slot. Bad luck but the race is long enough that drivers will usually make ground to their "righful" spots. I had a great battle with one of the 10 or 15 erics that was in the race. We battled for 2 or 3 laps and I got by on an error when he ran wide. After that, I battled back to 5th where Mr. Reznik and I resumed our usual chase but this time by mid race he was 8 seconds plus back on me. I made a few mistakes that allowed him to get back to our usual 4 second margin and the battle resumed. I was able to hold him off again which I was fortunate since he was significantly faster than me in Quali.

Fun track and good racing guys. Thanks for the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back