RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Autodromo Sapporano Race Report

Autodromo Saporano Race Report

Practice
Still getting to grips with BMW and was feeling downheartened as I struggled to get down to the 1:4x’s as I was unable to push through the turn before the esses and struggled around the hairpin. I did, however, have good speed along the main straights. I asked Dariusz to take a quick run on the setup and his PB in practice improved by 0.5s straight out of the box. I guess that it’s down to my driving style then. But due to the downtime on the RD site, I was short of track practice time. I guess that there is no substitute.

Quali
Didn’t expect much, but managed to reduce the lap time to a more respectable 1:46 (I think) to qualify 16th.

Race 1
Managed to launch the BMW well off the line and had picked up a couple of places by turn 1. Not too eventful a race other than watching Yuri and Keith get trapped in the woods just after T1 and listening to them on TS trying to find a way out to avoid a DNF. Made a few mistakes that let Simon by but overall after the attrition finished in 12th or 13th.

Race 2
Again a good start and fairly uneventful setting my best lap time of the event in the 1;45’s. Finished 12 and just one lap down as Jesper passed me just before the S/F line as he won. Putting me 1 lap down.
I’ll get there yet with the BMW. Nice to know that it’s just my driving style rather than my abilities to set up the car.

THX to all at RD, Eric and all the “Friday Nighters”. Great track, up there with Mosport '09, great flow and love the jumps.

WTCCX at KW Superspeedway

Practice
Decided to run the Alfa-X and dumped my BMW-X setup from last year’s messing around that had convinced me that this would be a fun event. I wasn’t wrong. Pity that there weren’t more drivers, but it was a Sunday night and few but the hardiest EU drivers would join. When I’d built the setup for the BMW-X, I’d been less used to driving RWD but since I’ve chosen the STCC BMW SEQ as my standard ride and having run more than a few GT-Pro and -Sport events, felt more confident with a looser set up. Started with understeer then stiffened rear springs until I felt comfortable enough.

Best times in the BMW had been just under 41 secs. I had a 5 speed+1 for the draft which meant that I could more or less run the whole lap in 1 gear with just a short change down at 3&4 to help with the turn in and drive away from that turn. Managed to get my undrafted times down into the 39.5’s which was good enough for me.

Quali
Didn’t see the message about superpole until I’d set up for 3 quick laps rather than 1. Surprisingly as the fuel load gets really light in these things 2 less litres is easily worth 0.1s per lap. Unfortunately, didn’t qualify too well starting in 8th overall. Gratz to Glenn on a blistering no draft lap.

Race 1
William Yunck dropped out in front of me before the formation lap. I wasn’t sure whether I should move up as this effectively gained me two places on the grid. So I left a car’s space which meant by the time that we got started, We were already off the back of the top 4. Little was I to know that this was a race that would be won by the crafty turtle (or Vincent Kan, as he’s better known). My slightly longer setup meant that I could run probably two laps longer than everyone else. Nailed the stop. But had miscalculated the amount of fuel needing topping up which meant that I was stationary for a little longer that I needed to be resulting in an exit behind Vincent, now running first (the rest of is were all waiting for him to run out of fuel). Was running 6th until Eric N’s S’n’G promoted me to 5th overall. Best lap was a 39.4. With consistent race laps at 39.6.

Race 2
Keith dropped out at this point just in front of me meaning that there was a blank space. Held my position around a slightly faster formation lap and latched quickly onto the tail of the Erics at the start. My longer 2nd gear meant that I could floor it crossing the line and made up 1 place very quickly now running in 3rd. I seemed to have good straight line speed down the back straight and 4th gear acceleration out of T4 meant that Eric N and I both passed Eric E fairly quickly. I then had a long tussle with Eric N until the pitstops where the lead changed 4 or 5 times until Glenn decided to stop saving fuel and open it up. After that, Eric and I had a good gap over Eric E. Eric N pitted 2 laps before me. Again an good stop but the same fuel problem ( I really need to fix that for the next time) . Came out in 6th (behind Eric N) as both Jesper and Vincent had eked out enough fuel to finish the race, or so they believed. Picked up 1 place on the last but one lap to finish 5th overall and 4th overall in the event – my best result so far. Best lap in this race here a 39.1

There’s more speed in this Alfa yet, it could be even looser in the rear to save the changedown in turns 3&4

Gratz to Vincent on his double win on his first race back!!!

Thnx to Eric for listening to my nagging and putting on the event. Thnx to all who turned up and of course RD for the equipment. Great fun 70 laps at near 200MPH.

PS the only time that i used the brakes here was to slow down for the fuel stop.

Need to think on this... for some reason it never entered my mind that you would downshift on an oval (though I went to 5th a couple of times coming out of 4 if I slipped up a bit) - too much oldschool NASCAR training I suppose :). May try it just to see what I could have done.

Video of the closing stages of race two.

Enjoy the closing stages. Two cars don't pit but have to slow down due to low fuel.
Sorry no skins.
[video]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15521143&server=vimeo.com&sh ow_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00A DEF&fullscreen=1[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%