RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server is uP!

We will use the rolling start procedure from the Friday night WTCC event! see below.

1. Rolling start. The pole sitter will bring the field around for ONE LAP to the start / finish line at 65MPH or 105 KPH. he will do this when the start lights go out and not before or we will have penalties for "false starting". YOU WILL follow the car in front of you and stay in EXACT order!do your best to maintain the spacing to the car in front of you as you had when you "dropped" into the field from the garage.Once the pole sitter has reached the Checkered S/F line he will then accelerate at full speed and the race will be underway. YOU MAY NOT pass or jump out of line until you reach the start / finish line. This will ensure that nobody in the rear of the field will "jump" and gain an unfair advantage. I want everyone to get away cleanly and without incident to start the race. you may only pass before the S/F line if there is an accident in front of you but this does not mean you are released to accelerate away and pass additional cars until the release point.

PATIENCE GENTLEMEN!!!!!!! I will review the race starts after the event. If I catch you breaking the start rules, you will be reported by me to the racing staff for an infraction review.

acceleration and passing point below
KW4.jpg

Thanks Keith and Eric,

Rolling start sounds good, just have to watch out for the dreaded pace lap spin-out on cold tires, remember Roberto Guerrero's infamous moment at the start of the '92 Indy. I have also been thinking about fuel strategy and from my calculations ( 2 L / lap X approx 37 laps ), it looks like the Chevrolet will need 74 litres, which is 4 more than full tanks. So pit, draft or dial it back I guess? ( or have I mis-calculated somewhere?)

Post Script, yup mis-calculated!

Damn too bad i have to work early tomorrow, did a couple of laps on my own out of curiosity and because the S2000 race there was much fun . Got a 39.5 with quali and low 40's with race setup in the BMW. Have fun guys, these cars rock on that oval. Kick ass Willie :wink:

please don't run a race by on the server before the race, vote back through to practice....no one else can join when people are letting the race run. :(

OK so I have only raced the extremes one time at Istanbul, and no matter what I do with the front duct, I get a "your engine is overheating" message after like three laps. What do you do about that? What is a decent lap time in the extremes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%