RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I think the 60 minute races are good, even though I've not managed to get to one lately.

Perhaps it is the tracks being chosen? Many people only like to race on tracks they are familiar with. There's no easy 'learning mode' on Race On like rFactor has (hit 'i' and watch the AI drive the track for a few laps to get an idea of gears required and apex speeds, etc. - if it exists in Race, I've not found it)

I don't know many tracks myself, so every race I enter on a new track is going to need 3 days or so of practice sessions to get to grips with it, but the post seems to only be going up two days before the event :)

I don't mind being slow and bouncing off barriers when I get it wrong, but extra practice time might make me less of a liability for the other drivers *grins*

• Drivername: Ross McGregor
  • I understand the Golden rules: YES
I think you've cracked it with this version Gunthar! Feels less twitchy than version than v1.05, but less forgiving than 1.04. It's a nice balance now i think.

I think the 60 minute races are good, even though I've not managed to get to one lately.

Perhaps it is the tracks being chosen? Many people only like to race on tracks they are familiar with. There's no easy 'learning mode' on Race On like rFactor has (hit 'i' and watch the AI drive the track for a few laps to get an idea of gears required and apex speeds, etc. - if it exists in Race, I've not found it)

I don't know many tracks myself, so every race I enter on a new track is going to need 3 days or so of practice sessions to get to grips with it, but the post seems to only be going up two days before the event :)

I don't mind being slow and bouncing off barriers when I get it wrong, but extra practice time might make me less of a liability for the other drivers *grins*

You can press the plus and minus signs and watch other drivers including there gears and speed. You have to go on drive though not on the race monitor. I normally just go in the pits and watch someone in practice its helped me a lot watching some guys here :)

Nisse Andersson said:
60 min is good.
Connor Caple said:
I think the 60 minute races are good

Well yes, obviously the people already entering the Mini Friday events either like 60 mins or don't mind either way. But that doesn't mean its not a reason that other people are not bothering to join us. You don't know until you try. Its not like every event must be 2x30 or 60... it could alternate if it proves to draw people in, to keep both preferences happy.

Connor Caple said:
I don't know many tracks myself, so every race I enter on a new track is going to need 3 days or so of practice sessions to get to grips with it, but the post seems to only be going up two days before the event

Definitely agree with this. It would be great to see the track being posted on maybe Wednesday, giving a good couple of days for people to practice. :good:

I also noticed that the sugnup are falling down.

There are multiple reasons that can cause this problem:

1. Forced cockpit view
  2. auto gears off
  3. racing time
  4. track choice
What can i do to boost the entry's:

1. Forced cockpit view - off
  2. auto gears - on
  3. Racingtime - The winner of the last event decides
  4. track choice - The winner of the last event decides
What do you think of this?????

I think the track choice of winner deciding isnt good think.. I would look into Mini history and just re-drive those most popular tracks with these cars :) I also used for this event auto gears on (which didnt help much?) and setting the event up just day after the previous would increase it too - because there is more time to get used to the track and more people can notice it is running, not one day before the event or two... but these days, we had problems with forum, so it could be the reason too

I also noticed that the sugnup are falling down.
There are multiple reasons that can cause this problem:

You forget one thing Hugo. At the moment there started many leagues and it could be not all have the time to rune a league and club events together. There is now RDTCC, RD Nations, STC, RDCCC. And next RDHGP and RD Caterhams will come also. Not to forget the Formula 1 Series :tongue:.
You see there are many reason that somebody don´t join club events.
For example i had this week Clio pre qualy, today RDCCC and tommorrow RDTCC :eek:. Thats almost to much so for club events is no time anymore.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07/08/STCC

Track: Laguna Seca

Weather: variable! use link for forecast

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE
(9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x15 laps 1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Most important RD golden rules:
  • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
  • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
  • No cutting in any sessions.
  • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
  • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session is completed and all drivers are off the track.
  • No abusive language during any sessions.
  • Listen to the race director at all times.
  • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by another driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM only.
  • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
  • 5 minutes before the qualify starts the grid is closed!
  • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
  • I understand the Golden rules: YES
If the racing staff does not see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entry List:

1. Eric Estes
  2. Michael carver
  3. Matthias klein
  4. Glenn Petersen
  5. Simon Gardner
  6. Dariusz Swiderski
  7. Willie Watt
  8. Jesper Taulborg
  9. Reggie Blain
  10. Paul Wood
  11. Robert Isles