RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Started slowly saving fuel and the car, XD and / or motec add dualview didnt work at the moment. But anyway on a moment i couldnt get the car much faster, but my calculations showed i could go with one pitstop.

Almost no fuel more exact in the middle of the race. So after the pitstop decided to go on with my slow driving and let everyone passed in an easy way.
also i didnt expected that almost al the drivers where goiing to finish. (my endurance races last year there where not that many left, so my stategy was based on easy driving)

Then only once it went wrong with Tobias, but that is racing in an endurance, it happens. Only thing it took me more then 2 minutes to get me on the track again, and spoiled my tyres. So i needed an extra pitstop.

After that i thougt what the hack, and decided to drive a bit faster but of course way too late and still not fast enough.

Sorry Freddie for the bump, didn't expect this move. :( No problem as mentioned. I was trying to make place for you, but maybe on the wrong spot/place.

Anyway i finished and that was my main goal.

Next time need to start training earlier.

Tobias, firstly I don't think the flag menu was the cause of the custom skin problem as I experienced problem with all the skins, even yours. I would get it to work sometimes and not most of the time, very odd indeed.

Now the evaluation, weather I thought was perfect, really liked the light rain, added another dimension to the race. Time, Ross might have a point with the race length. LMS is 6hrs, ALMS is usally between 2 & 2.45hrs and the FIA GT race is 2hrs, used to be 3. Now I don't mind 2hrs or 2.45hrs and I will race either. As for the flag issue, I think it should be black flag only for the reason of unlapping.

Edit: time line was perfect for us in the UK.

thanks for everybody that showed up and wd all finisher which was everybody :)

Qualy: took pool but as always me and Martijn were as close as it can get, .024 at the end :tongue:

Race: had a very good start and was P1 at T1 and after 1 lap i was 1 sec infront of Martijn, the gap moved back and forth in the 1 sec range unti i started to pull away a bit and manage a gap over 2 sec. around the half way race i spun and lost first place and made some more mistakes and Martijn pulled away by 10 sec. around 20 min to go i started to do the fuel math and saw that i would had to pit which i did with a little bit over 3 minutes left in the race, i was followed by Joao who was in third, i came a little hot in the pit and thought i would get a stop and go for speeding but to my surprise i didn,t get one. coming back to the front straight i watched my position, i was third then second and to my biggest surprise first :ooh: when Martijn came out he was over 2 sec behind me, with 2 laps to go i took things easy and took the win :p

very fun race thanks guy's :)

Well, the fields are getting bigger and the fun is even greater. :)

Qualified 10th, stuck a full tank of juice in and set off for the rollercoaster that is US Muscle. After a not bad start, mindful not to hit anyone I manged to go off track, not the first time tonight but this time managed to keep it out of the wall, I had a lonely two 3rds of the race, or was 3/4. Anyway I wasn't going to pit and it paid off as the last part of the race I had plenty of company with cars that had pitted and those that were lapping me, Yves & Michael Van B. I finally got to finish a race and got a bonus of picking up a point, great stuff. :()

Big thanks goes out to Yves for organising the event, RD for the hardware and not forgetting all those that took part, great driving guys. :()

See u all next week for another fun filled race.

Had a good start, won too places but after lap or two spinned on first corner giving me place after Bob, followed him few laps and finally took position from him when he went liitle bit wide in one corner, from there had very lonely race till pitstop around 22nd lap, went out from pit on last position chasing Bob as I expected him to pit also, finally in last two laps managed to catch him and also Emilio thru pitstop :tongue: continued to chase Bob and finally at last lap, last corner managed to take 7th :D, nice race all, very competitive and fun

thx Yves, thx RD

next track Yves?, we must know what to practice :p

Nice event everyone, had lots of fun :D

Usually these Yves organized events are at a time that somehow makes it difficult for me to join, but I always keep them under my sight…

On what was my 2nd event with these cars (my first was an oval some time ago) my race tactic choice was secure but different from everyone’s, perhaps due to my lack of long knowledge regarding tyre/weight behavior.

Started from 3rd on the grid, did a sufficient one, but due to an outside line into the first corner lost a position to S J Simpson with a heavier car (more fuel in). Although the first dozen of laps were no doubt the most fun of my race as I spent them chasing & pressuring 3rd placed Simpson, it was here that any resident chance of a better final position was also “lost” since any advantage my lighter car had was in good part lost behind a heavier car.
After my pitstop dropped to last as no one had the same fuel tactic than me and from there I tried to do very low 16’s always. On my 2nd ½ of the race, only did one overtake for position to Hutchins with warned out tyres the rest was a lone race. The final 3rd spot came into place with the late pit stops most did.

Congratulations to Yves & Martijin, thanks everyone who took part, especially to those who race very near me (Sam those were about 10 laps with under .1 of a second difference :D).

Thanks Yves for putting this one up and RD for the server, cheers,

Entry list:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Chris Sykes
  3. Sam J SImpson
  4. Michael Herrmann
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Ross McGregor (Maybe)

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USMC
Class: US Muscle Cars (Race)
Track: Birmingham GP
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Special note
You need Race On to enter this event and you can choose any car in the US Mucle club class

Entry list:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Dario Jagar
  3. Sam J Simpson
  4. Eric Estes
  5. Filip Jagar
  6. Martijn van Bommel
  7. Piotrek Blaszczak
  8. Robert Hutchins
  9. Martin Kraaijenbrink
  10. Marty Pierce
  11. Bob Luneski