RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sign me up please!

Guys i'v just seen a race of Porsche Mobil1 Supercup on EuroSport TV. They were riding in Monaco and i noticed that it's a great track for those cars. We should make a race at Monaco in future with Mobil1 Supercup. I think it can be very interesting and also more harder race. What'ya say? :D

Q: 8th
Race 1: all was fine, I was going on safety, in the last lap I was unlucky, I had Andrew ahead me and misjudged his cornering speed, hit him and that cost me P4, and I finished P5
Race 2: got the lead in lap 1, but was going too fast into the last chicane, so I got a DNF.

Not very happy after this race, but that's it! Hope you had fun!

Thx David and RD for the event!

I finished 1st race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal crashout in second race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to the people I bumped.

Thanks Dave and RD for making me like this track.

Quick Edit: Dan Coldrick you were lagging matey, quite bad at times.

Dang, wasn't expecting gap to the leaders to be this big :). I crashed in all meaningful sessions (Q, R1, R2), and got some ramin' lovin' in Practice, but overall I'm glad I took part. Now I know one thing: PRACTICE! No more jumpin' into multi races right out of the blue :)

You guys have an amazing pace here in Porto, hats off to you!

where do i start
practise: looked okay got gap down to leaders from 15 to 4 seconds although i flipped it alot [sry david for flipping right infront of you]
qually: had safe outlap then on the hotlap somehow i did a 1072* flip into a sign in midair puntured left tyres so start from back
race 1: had a superb first lap got from 20th - 13th then lucasz spun it infront and i thaught i saw a gap to get between his car and the wall
either my lada was too fat or he moved a bit i dont know but it ruined my suspention so had 2 pit and ended up at the back just trying to finish
as im 14 i still live with my parents and mum shouted at me for something and i misjudged last chicane and got to turn 1 out of shape clipped a wall and nailed the other one and out
race 2: started 14th as i use auto gears i turned them off to get some revs then it kinda glitched and turned on and back off so i got jumpstart and got in a few peoples way whilst i put it back on then the pit limiter came on so that slowed me even more after drive through it was a battle 2 keep going picked up some damage from somewhere and tryed normal line through last chicane and crashed into the wall and was out

Oooh I am a sucker for this track ... no practice, threw a setup in, made a few clicks and was hitting 2:03's with about half race fuel so was happy with that.
Quali ... went well until "that chicane" ... impact on entry 360º spin with recovery but "car damaged and not repairable ... race is over" was announced ... but I floored it, engine was still running and somehow I crawled across the line ... giggling at my stupidity but happy that I was not at the back of the pack. Think I was 12th with a 2:07 - not bad considering :D

Race 1 ... reasonable start but no way through, few tough love passed down the inside of me but know that this track does to slight mistakes to took it steayd.
Gradually I worked my way up and did my fastest laps on the last couple of laps ... few near misses with backmarkers made me very wary of not finishing, then Peter who I had chased for a good few laps had an unfortunate moment with one backmarker and I think they both went the same way at the same time ... gifting me the pass on the outside, which I held to the line to finish 4th I think.
Dan ... you scared me in that chicane when you lost it but somehow I pulled it up and missed you ... there was also a flying car we went through at one point I think ... more paaarp moments :D

Race 2 - disaster, lap 1 was following Henrick into "that chicane" and completely got it wrong, totally redisigning my setup in the process with a good whack of suspension damage. Wasn't sure whether to fix it or not and in the end waited too long to do so. Anyway ... had fun chasing Bob L ... with the damage I was a good second or more like two or three off my previous pace, so wasn't able to do much to pass him.
After my pit and now driving with far more predictable suspension and handling I had far better corner exit speed and was over a second quicker just in sector 1 :) ... chased Bob down and stuck a pass on him in one of the only places I figured it would not kill us both :wink:, and then now looking at hunting down Dan in front of me ...
The next part I think went like this ... Dan got a bit tangled with a back marker going into "that chicane" and ended up parked at the entry ... I tried hauling up but couldn't avoid him ... plunged him back into the tyres and somehow ricocheted back onto the racing line myself ... new I was in a bad spot and Bob would take us both out if I didn't get out of there so floored it and went on ... but the man on the earphones informed me that once more I had broken suspension - well, at least I managed 1 lap with a car that handled properly :D
After that I saw Buxxo baby 12.5 seconds ahead (EDIT: or maybe it was 15 seconds after reading your post mate - was being kind :)), so for a laugh I pushed to see if I could make any in roads or force an error ... few laps later at the finish line I was on his rear bumper and damn near had him (more to and error on someone else's part than Dave going slow I believe :wink:).

Notable moment I spotted mid race 2 that I want to highly commend ... Omer conceded his position in a side by side moment with Bob to avoid a mass pile up at the end of whatever that long straight with the traffic lights overhead is called. Much respect there mate, great on track awareness, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ... I know there is many a driver here at RD that would not have been so smart and would have ended the race for at least 3 or 4 drivers right there and then.

Great fun chaps ... not a big WTCC fan but Porto is a brutally fantastic place.

Thanks Buxxo mi ol mucker for setting this up and letting me in so late ... cheers to RD and of course everyone else out there racing, one of the only races here I have started where I have not been taken out by someone else. I think finishing 2 consecutive races at Porto deserves double Ranking points :D

After that I saw Buxxo baby 12.5 seconds ahead, so for a laugh I pushed to see if I could make any in roads or force an error ... 5 or 6 laps later at the finish line I was on his rear bumper and damn near had him (more to and error on someone else's part than Dave going slow I believe :wink:).
I seriously thought it was 15 seconds... oh well... Time does fly when you are having fun lol

Ask anyone that was on TS in my own private 1 slot channel... I did say I was easing up :whistle:

Just seen your edit :D

I pitted early in the second race. Coming to the end I decided to go from 100mph going through the last chicane to 85mph... Every no and then there was a little clout :D

Looks like we were both racing with suspension damage :tongue:

PS Not that I actually am that worried about my rankings, but I do think we deserve double points for finishing both races here :)

Thanks again for this Dave ... had a lot of fun driving Porto and actually finishing both events is a major bonus - not sure I can boast that from any of my previous starts ... in fact, not sure I ever finished a race here before, things like the incident below have always put "paid" to my races round here ... (I was the "victim" in case you were wondering ... but talk about giggle my ass off :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%