RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Rhys... and we are slowly running out of short tracks:) There are many new drivers in this group who might want to discover many of the famous tracks that there are out there. Monza, Spa, Nurby, etc... etc... it would be a shame not to give those a trial:)

I can remember when these events first started, and all we raced on were short tracks... the racing was the cleanest and most exciting I had ever been involved in. I can understand that now we have more people that can be a problem... but it would be nice to rerun some of the STCC tracks once in a while. You know, for old times' sake...

Oh, and I love the track choice for this event. This is the track of my dreams... hilly, undulating, and fast. It's also below 1:30 long, which is always good for me. :love2:
I just have one question: all the way along the track, there's about half a car-width of extra tarmac beyond the white line, on both sides. Is it okay to ride the kerbs on this track, or would that be considered cutting as they are beyond the white line?

(I was hoping that Steam would offer an upgrade package, but haven't seen it.) So at the moment I am RaceOn-Less.

I picked up the Race On upgrade through Steam for about $20, I didn't need the full package since I already had GTRE and STCC (which you seem to have).

that the Aussies have there own WTCC event on Sunday

We do???? I must have missed it.

we have observed that there is more incidents on shorter track due to the fact that its harder to pass and you have to be more agressive to make a pass. so we took the decision to avoid short tracks to minimize incidents.

My two cents worth based on lots of experience:
It doesn't matter how short the track is, nor how many laps are scheduled, the "aggressive" driving causes the exact same problems. I have seen endurance events (in excess of one hour) with multiple car pile-ups in lap 1, turn 1, because drivers take "ambitious" moves to try to win the race in the opening lap. I'd venture to say that if you scheduled a 12 hour race at Monza, there would still be the "usual" chaos" in the opening chicane.
Clean driving comes down to attitude, patience, and a desire to stay clean and avoid crashes. Unfortunately, no matter how hard organisers try to "plan" cleaner events, it comes down to the drivers doing the right thing, and this is often sadly lacking in "friendly" Club events.

great report Eric. Nice vids. From your view my armco hit in L1 R2 looked pretty bad, not sure what happened but it was more like rally driving after that.

I had fun and it was good to finally be back racing. Bring on next week

I missed my pit chief's message

I enable the pit menu before the start of the race and have it set to my most likely change. (doesn't distract that much!)

Then all i have to do is press the pit request on my wheel and confirm with enter when I'm in the pits, saves any loss of concentration.

The bonus is that anything you break shows up in red on the pit menu and you can see it from the corner of your eye even if you miss the message.

Blatant cheating! blatant cheating! turn in your shoes and helmet bag Rhys!

OK seriously, if you get called out on that car position by anyone, they are a KNOB.

sooooooo your good from my seat Rhys........................but keep in mind, who am I when the dust settles?:clown:

By the letter of the law you are cutting since yo have all 4 outside the white line right?

Alright, I did some laps, and took a few screens of the lines I was taking.

Is this line (see screenshot) considered cutting the track, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%