RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

5zmxdd.jpg

Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT GT

Class: GT Pro / Sport / FIA GT 2008
Track: Monza 07
Weather: Dry

Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 45 mins
Qualification: 10 mins superpole
Warmup: 10 mins
Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Make sure you download and install the FIA GT MOD & remove the F1 MOD from your PC if you have it :thumb:

Please sign-up with the class and car you will be driving. Classes limited.

Code:
yourname - Pro - Audi R8 GT

Entrylist

1. Stefan Beemsterboer - Pro - Audi R8 GT
  2. Nicolas Hamilton - Pro - Aston
  3. Robert Hutchins - Pro - TBC
  4. Dan Coldrick - Pro - Aston [SKIN]
  5. Bart Snijders - Pro - Viper
  6. Michael van Scheppingen - Pro - Aston
  7. Bert Van Waes - Pro - Aston [SKIN]
  8. Dietmar Auferkorte - Pro - Aston
  9. Ross McGregor - FIA GT 2008 - Maserati MC12
  10. Marcin Skrzypczak FIA GT 2008 - Ferrari 550
  11. Flavio Borgna - FIA GT 2008 - Maserati MC12
  12. Bjorn de Haas - GT 2008 MOD - Maserati
  13. Martin Bulgin - GT 2008 MOD - Lambo
  14. GT 2008 MOD - Maserati, Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche
  15. GT 2008 MOD - Maserati, Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche
  16. GT 2008 MOD - Maserati, Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche
  17. GT 2008 MOD - Maserati, Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche
  18. Connor Caple - Sport - Seat Toledo
  19. Sport
  20. Sport
  21. Sport
  22. Sport
  23. Sport
  24. Sport
  25. Sport

Sign me up, please.
I do have Race On.
Also - I'm right there with Michael, I did the RDSTL and I found it difficult to devote much time to prepare with those cars. Matter of fact, the time I can spend practicing comes and goes. Right now its hard to find seat time, so I'd just as soon practice with the WTCC cars with the little time I have.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few tracks. For me, they've allowed for some breathing room and to develop some rhythm and good racing.

Good observations. I also think that, since the races are limited to 12 laps (with a mandatory pit-stop) this also adds to the "impatience" many drivers have about the need to "force" a pass (especially on the opening lap).

Now if I had to real life (i.e., job to pay the bills) and had the time to devote to learning more difficult to handle cars and setups, I might have a different take. But as it is, I just barely make it happen with the cars we are driving in these events.

BTW: The track choices have been excellent. Keep up the good work!

Been doing some setup work, using Yves Bruno setup for the Cadillac and Wow this track is awsome. I've watched the GT Rolex a few times here but never thought it was this good. I can also see why the GT's race here only as track is narrow.

Come on peps and join the party, u won't regret it............

@Rhys... and we are slowly running out of short tracks:) There are many new drivers in this group who might want to discover many of the famous tracks that there are out there. Monza, Spa, Nurby, etc... etc... it would be a shame not to give those a trial:)

With just about 30 laps in, I am flirting with 1:24 (but found out that flirting with the curbs is not necessarily a good thing at this track). Perhaps we should bump up the laps per race to at least 14 if not 16 ??? At 12 laps it's about the same time devoted to Qualifying. I think we will just be getting our feet wet by the time the checker flies.

Just a thought....

With just about 30 laps in, I am flirting with 1:24 (but found out that flirting with the curbs is not necessarily a good thing at this track). Perhaps we should bump up the laps per race to at least 14 if not 16 ??? At 12 laps it's about the same time devoted to Qualifying. I think we will just be getting our feet wet by the time the checker flies.

Just a thought....

thanks Michael, i'll probably take your thought and made it reality :laugh2:

Well I had really looked forward to this event and mostly because the track was very fast and felt it was going to be very suited to my skill set.

Had practiced in many cars and had settled on the Lacetti 07 car. VEry very raceable and not just a hotlap model.

Set off in Q and notice I am really nailing my lap.(added pressure) Having adjusted my line for Q I have picked up the pace considerably. My only bobble is the fast 4th gear right hander and it costs me about .2 based on past MOTEC info.

So I Grid P4 and am .75 faster then my pb from previous sessions. Even gets a remark from Keith about my new found speed. YOU just don't miss a thing do ya man?

Race_Steam2009-12-1121-43-18-61.jpg

R1 L1 I get a very good start holding my position with a 3 wide crew of BRandon flanked by Kevin and William right up my tail and Dariusz trying to find visibility through the group. I am following Rhys into the kink. at the last second he DARTS left just missing the outside curb at 125MPH.

Race_Steam2009-12-1309-52-59-02.jpg

Well I don't get moved over in time and hit the curb hard upsetting the car badly. I try to keep it on track and realize thats impossible and steer straight to avoid coming across the track and creating a MASSIVE incident. Rsponsibility during failure is the highest form of flattery to those you could screw? yeah sure

I resume in 19th with a call from my car chief that Suspension damage has been sustained. Well we'l see if my effort to try and side swipe the tires to avoid a bent car worked well. AND IT DID! The car seems to be pretty normal!

Tony , Michael, Daniel, glenn and Abdul are all off track as I come through the T2/3 area. Dariusz and Linus are off track also and dangerously close to the T3 apex! They resume ahead of me while Kevin is off track laft of the T3 exit.

I am now P13 behind Bill K in the Alfa. I follow Bill to a bad spot on the track and drop the right rear before the bridge at turn 7 and lose it again. Man am I happy now.

Get it going again in P16 w/ Michael C right on me. Well I can trust Michael so I have that going for me right now...........

L2 I am chasing Glenn and Daniel. My goal is to get past them by the end of this lap. I pass Glenn when he pulls an Eric and follows my tracks off the kink to the beach. I catch Daniel when he joins Bill willie and Tony all battling hard. I am cautious and waiting for a proper spot to over take. Daniel executes a test book pass on Bill at the righthander at Pitlane inside and this leaves me a lane to do likewise. I am P14 and pressuring Daniel.

L3 I still chase Daniel but pass Willie who goes off track exiting the FAST right hander T6. Kevin is now on me also about 1 length back. Daniel FINALLY bobbles and I pass him exactly like he passed Bill the lap prior.

L4 I am P12 and gaining very quickly on a certain VOLVO driver from the AMS event. HE bobbles T6 and kills his speed. I nail the corner and am on the edge when he jumps back on track and jumps over about a full car width barely maintaining control. I pull right as hard as I can without spinning and clip his right rear w/ my left headlight and this accelerates him some and slows me. I hold the inside line with momentum going to T7 at the tire bridge. I am 3 widths off line and get a smooch from him pushing me further right a hair. he then falls in directly behind me. (way off the racing line) I brake and he just crushes me off track and into the wall. he then comes flying in and nails me while I am against the tires and I have terminal damage. Can't say I have seen a BS move like that since the early days of public racing.........

I am out of the race and finish DFL.

I go downstairs to get a beverage and calm down. I need to or I am gonna be ugly in R2.

Race_Steam2009-12-1122-21-34-62.jpg

R2. I get to start DFL. Well we'll see if I can race my way up and stay clean doing it.

L1 I get a good start and pass Bill K . Hey P18 oh joy! Willie is right of me and we are Gaining on Glenn, Rhys and Tony. I lift early to avoid another issue at the kink. Linus goes off track at T1 and PAUL WOOD goes hurtling backward into the armco! I get to T4 and there is a MASSIVE melee going on and I slip around the outside safely and get going unscathed. I am P14 behind Linus and BILL K. Tony O loses it entering T6 and forces Bill K and Keith to drive off track to avoid him. I am gifted P11.

Chasing Linus still I manage to pass him just before the right hander at pitlane entry. I got a good run on him and he brakes a bit early to let me by even though he has position but is behind. Thanks Linus thats intelligent driving on your part! Now

L2 I am chasing Willie about 1 length ahead. Wille has a tough time in the T1/2 area and goesa creening across T2. I hold tight inside and get past him. Dariusz and Mark are reentering just ahead of me having gone off track together it seems. I get past them and am now P7! hmmmm this is going better than expected this early!

I see MIchael C up ahead and know I am in fr a real battle to get past him. I bobble T6 but save the car1 damn! Dariusz gets by me and now I have to chase my old PUBLIC SERVER PAL SWIDER! I am P8.

L3 I am trying to run SUPER TIDY fast laps and hope Dariusz can mess something up and I get by. (please god if you..............)
I gain on him all through th track and he has a bobble at T6 and I am inside him going to the bridge. I could force the issue here but elect to brake early and get back on line and look for a better opportunity. Dariusz is sliding around and I can put my car almost anywhere it seems so I'll wait him out.

We get door to door on the straight going to the double rights at pitlane entry but again I am to far off line to make this work well and I let off and we maintain positions.

L4 Still chasing SWIDER but MIchael is getting larger so this is good all the way around. We work hard and gain on Michael but I have not passed Dariusz. Then he just straightlines the fast left and comes back on track. Thats different! HE enters the right hander at pit entry wide and slow I hold off and he shoots right and into the pits! woooof! thats was close man!

Race_Steam2009-12-1310-47-35-44.jpg

L5 I am now P6 and chasing Michael C. he has about 2.3 sedonds on me. I run a super clean fast lap and cut his lead in half.

L6 I call the pits for my two tires service the next time by. Chase Michael! Michael ends up going ugly through T1/2 and I get by as he trys to stay clear getting back on the racing surface. I am P5! WOW!

Come in for my stop and just nail the whole sequence! maximium speed on the entry road, brake to the good max speed at the timing mark and nail the stop point inthe stall! 7.2 seconds for tires I am GONE!

L7 I reume in P10. wonder how many have yet to pit? LEts run some clean fast laps and maybe I can gain on Kevin who was about 3.5 seconds ahead when I pitted.

L8 I sail by the pits and gain 3 spots. P7! I see Kevin resuming after his stop. I am at max speed and have to brak epretty hard not to ram him in the kink! I have GAINED A TON! We are tidy through T1-3. At tT4 Kev goes wide. I use the curb to HOOK me around on the insode and I get even with him going to 5 and have a bit of positive overlap entering T5 the fast left. I think I leave him enough room bt we touch. I am slding in 5th gear and manage to save it and keep the pass.....WOOOOOF! Kevin gives a SORRY BOUT THAT ERIC over TS and we agree its no big deal just hard racing!

I am now P5!

L9 I pass Keith who is in the pits but coming out for P4. I run clean the rest of the way and get points from a DFL start!

Race_Steam2009-12-1122-43-21-99.jpg

I finish in 6th overall for the event and wonder what might have been had I not runn off R1L1T1 and been summarily removed from competition on my way to a possible 7th in R1.

Thanks to Yves and Rd for a fun event!

See ya'll next week!

Race_Steam2009-12-1122-45-29-11.jpg

Recap video of race 2 from my car

^^ we had thunder all the way through the race mate ... but if you have the latest version of the weather patch installed you won't hear it.
There is an old patch out there that cures the stuttering but still gives you almighty thunderstorm sounds, dig it out and try it next time out - you will think Frankenstein is gonna kick your windscreen in I tell ya :scared: :D

Either I was too busy concentrating on my stupid errors on Lap 1 when I made slight contact trying to ease back on line and I missed my pit chief's message, but I don't recall getting a report that I had suspension damage. My wheel was slightly cocked left. At first I thought it was just a FF glitch, but by the time in your report, I knew it was suspension damage. Braking was getting more and more off and by this turn, it was probably a good thing that I muffed the braking. As it would have been bad for us both, once you got around (and you would) and my screwed up braking came into play while I was following you.

Good report.... Too bad about race 1. But it gave you a good chance to prove your mettle in race 2!

L6 I call the pits for my two tires service the next time by. Chase Michael! Michael ends up going ugly through T1/2 and I get by as he trys to stay clear getting back on the racing surface. I am P5! WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back