RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sign me up please. I was there for that event and the fastest times are alright, Peter and Richard wern't cutting. As for 'cuts that are OK', there are none in my opinion. The main cutting corner was T7 on the exit and that can be avoided by going slower/taking a proper line.

N o worries Reggie we all have abad day in the game.

Well I had wicked pace tonight but could not translate to a win.

R1 got abad start and sorry to those I bottled up. Car just sat down when I release the clutch and I don't hold the revs.

So I drop to maybe 5th chasing Reggie for maybe 2-3 laps and finally geta pass on him and set sail for Dariusz and Stefan, I am closing the gap while Dariusz gets to P1 around lap 6. I chase down Stefan and we hav a monster battle for the remainder of the race! I finally get in side and even entering the last left to the pit staright and we touch with me moving him over a bit. I consider the event a race incident but slow to allow him back by to be fair.

The battle rages on and I try the same move again and we touch a bit harder this time and I let him keep the position. We hammer out the laps and It's clear I have better pace but its so tough to pass here!

Last lap last corner I go OUTSIDE in the righthander leading to the final corner and I must say its a balls move and have to trust your friend in the other car as you have pretty much dropped your pants there...LOL

I get a run and he outbrakes me inside at teh last corner and we touch again. I duck and get on the throttle first but ram square into the back of him. IT happened so fast and then we drag to the line then he lifts halfway down and I get P3. Realy Fun battle!!!!!!!!!!

R2 I get a great jump and ma with Keith entering ther chicane. Keith is cold and I am in the groove but stay back a bit and remain cautious of him making a mistake and getting collected.

As the laps go by he is gaining pace but I have the measure for now but don;t really push to hard yet.

About lap 5 he bobbles and I get a run out of the chicane and we go door to door thru the fast left leading to the hairpin! Uts exciting and we barely touch ib the hairpin than drag race to the next left me on the inside. I brake early and let Keith go as I have a very bad mine into the corner and it could be very bad for us both if I screw the pooch.

We battle on and I make one big mictake and realize it will be very tough to win now as Keith is getting his rhythm.

We both make some mistakes inthe closing laps and I finish 2nd to Keith. GReat fun man really enjoyed the race.

Fel bad for you guys who got jammed up behind us and hope it was just a racing incident..

HAts off to STEFAN! GREAT EVENT MAN! PErfect car and track match!!!!!!!!!!!!! incredible to drive and a joy every lap!!!!

Sign me up please. I was there for that event and the fastest times are alright, Peter and Richard wern't cutting. As for 'cuts that are OK', there are none in my opinion. The main cutting corner was T7 on the exit and that can be avoided by going slower/taking a proper line.

Having driven here enough to know I'll make the determination about any safe cuts. Really only one spot I rememebr and it will be the saem for everyone.

being proactive with cutting in certain circumstances keeps the "constant cutting reports" to a minimum for the racing staff to deal with behind the scenes.

Tonight started off good for me. The car felt great and I able to do consistent 57's in practice and I also took pole.

R1: Got off to a great start, but my lead was short lived. The car felt totally different and I was fighting heavy under steer which seemed to get worse with each passing lap. Had a short but fun battle with Dariusz, whom got passed when I got the car side ways. A couple of under steering moments later I had Eric on my tail. I was able to hold him off, but he kept trying harder and harder to get by, which eventually resulted in a bump or two. No biggie. It did cost us both a position though as we came together in the last turn and Tyler slipped passed. Then on the last lap Eric attempted to pass me around the outside in the last turn. I had the inside line, but got a little loose on corner entry and we touched. So I just cruised down the front straight in 3rd gear to the line and let Eric take 3rd place. Was pretty disappointed with this result. I really don't understand why my car felt so extremely different in the race vs the previous sessions.

R2: After some minor changes to my setup I gridded for race 2. Got an Ok start, but got held up coming out of the chicane and lost some ground. A couple of laps later I was behind Reggie and Dariusz. Reggie lost control coming down to the hairpin and t-boned Dariusz and I then t-boned Reggie with no place to go. Oddly enough I was the first to get going and this somehow put me in 3rd place. It wasn't long though before Dariusz was on my tail again. Still fighting with under steer, I went wide coming out of T2 and as I was attempting to get the car back on the black stuff, the rear came around. I hit the wall at least 4 times and also collected some of the guys behind me in the process. Really sorry everyone! My car was completely trashed, but despite heavy suspension damage and missing aero bits, I decided to just keep going. My race was over either way. Finished dead last, one lap down.

Not the best races for me tonight, but still had some fun battles. Better luck next time.

I don't think I have EVER had a cut incident report fomr an ARC event yet. I have faith in all of our drivers that this will continue after this event as well. We are all adults (right?) and expect the high standard of ARC conduct to be upheld as usual.

Cutting will be strictly enforced for this event! it is a WIDE OPEN track with plenty of room to drive outside the white lines!

There is only one place you will be allowed to run with the inside tires on the red/white curbing and that is the exit of Turn 3 "Bretelle" if you have all 4 tires off the curb that is a cut and reportable! 2 tires on the curb is OK!

See attached pic #1 for a legal line in this event.

YOu must however get the inside tires back on the track surface by the END of the curbing or it will be considered a cut and reportable!
See pic #2 for this location . The pic shows an ILLEGAL CUT!

Please do not cut continuously in this event. multiple cut infractions when reported can be as high as 3 infraction points on your Rd license! Don't do it please!

thanks for you time and understanding................:cool:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-08-13 00-13-24-05.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 00-13-24-05.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 00-01-19-10.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 00-01-19-10.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?