RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sounds like you guys had an 'interesting' race, I was off in publics going nuts in Caterhams around various tracks as I'm not comfortable with Ovals or these cars - although I think I might make an effort in future..

I am posting as an independant unbiased person who was not at the race, and so is not involved to ask that this negativity between Jakob and Mike stops NOW.

Mike your newer to RD and the game in general and as such you are on a learning curve - we have all been there (we are ALL still on the learning curve (always will be), just some are further along than you. Those more experienced need to remember this, but YOU do too. No one wants to see you demotivated and not entering events, so please take criticsm (however negative) as positive and just keep building and building on your experience in real events - because at real events consideration and respect for other races really really matters - a lot. I am in no doubt that you (Mike) got it wrong here - I accept not moving and allowing others to drive around you as being the right choice - however I fully understand that when a car is sat mid bend it can be very hard to avoid, especially if your behind other drivers (cockpit or hood view and you can't see through cars in front) . I am sure as you race more and more you will realise that this 'incident' was definitley NOT the other drivers fault and that it is being more than a little unreasonable to demand apologies - especially in the forum. We have clear guidelines on Race incidents, as Ryan pointed out, these are to avoid negativity building up on the forum and between drivers, so if you have a grievance - please use the correct channels - My honest opinion if you sent this to admin? That admin would tell you to get a grip and accept that the other driver would have avoided you if it was at all possible. Sorry if you don't like that Mike and feel free to make a complaint, as a licenced RD Member thats your perogative - but before you do, ask yourself, and answer, the following honestly - If you were racing in the other drivers position and he had spun, where you did, could you honestly have avoided him and if you could, would you have? If you had hit him, would it have been your fault for not avoiding him? Would you be offended if he had hit you and then came on the forum making accusations and threatening to report you if you didn't apologise? I think if you look at it as if you were in each others shoes you will quickly see, this was more a 'racing incident' and no blame can be attached or apologised for.

Jakob, you have my repsect, but should know better than responding on the forums to Mike's post, while I understand that you may feel the need to defend youself, I honestly think, a polite PM to admin and Mike asking that he ammend his last post may well have been better.

Anyway enough negativity - I enjoy racing with the happy, friendly, Racing Club and my fellow RD'ers, I also enjoy the varied skill levels meaning I always have someone to chase (or get lapped by) and someone chasing me. I look forwards to racing with you both in future without any animosity or anger towards each other.

jakob is right mike. every time i saw you i was worried you would crash into me. start i was worried you would crash into at the start. if i were you mike i would just keep learning and learning to how you can control the car before trying to get speed. but i used to chat a lot in the server as well. might need to read the rules and instead of talking so much try to just concentrate and get a better lap time.
interesstiing for me if i had stradegy right i could of been 5th by speed i was running. nigel and me were close in qualy and earling and me were close too. i think it just wasn't the day for me but i would more ovals as this race was very competitive. road course i would be 4 secs off but in practice is was on 7 tenths. need more ovals

25562d1272491954-porsche-mobil-1-supercup-algarve-tuesday-june-1st-2010-porsche1.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-PMSC

Class: Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup (by ZeZeZoom)

Track: Road One International

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x10 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

The finale of Canadian Week finds us at Road One International. A wonderful fictious venue that is simply thrilling to drive. Long and fast with huge elevation changes it is always a thrill to race here!

The Porsche Super Cup is easy to set up and just beautiful drive!

Okay boys: this race was to be Epic for me as it's probably my favorite track/car combination (if you include the GT pro class in the discussion). I know the track well and many of it's idiosyncrasies so I always believe that I can compete here. As a matter of a fact, just ask Eric and Keith, 90% of the requests that I give to those 2 guys that decide what we drive in both the american club and the ATCC are requests for Mosport!!!! SO... I guess I had better finally perform. Here's a little history for you about me on Mosport.... I used to race here ALOT in GTR2 and early days in Evo so I've turned alot of laps here, but everytime the RD crew comes here, I mess it up. Race 1 of the season for the RD ATCC league that we run (beginning again in November btw!!!!) I spun out in my super pole quali lap!! So starting on the back row is not where I had hoped for!!! The last time we were here in GT2 cars I was driving at a great pace after a disappointing quali.... BUT following Sam in T2 on Lap 2, I hit the tires!!! What a disappointment. So... needless to say, I was pumped for this event.

So my practice over the last week was decent but nonconclusive. I was torn between the Mosler and the BMW. I ran all my laps in Time trial mode as I wanted to see and understand the gives and takes between the 2 cars using the Ghost Lap to help me compare. It was freakish how much time the Mosler lost in the straights. I was running in the 1.17.6 range with the BMW in Time Trial which is basically "perfect" conditions so I knew it might be a bit of a challenge to get into the 17s in race.

So as I join up at 9pm eastern.... I grab a vette as Keith mentioned that he had uploaded his setup. I wanted to feel the vette to see if it was to be tamable for me. I downloaded Keith's setup and went out onto the track. I turned a 1.18.6 on my first lap but it felt really loose. After a few tweaks I had brought it down to 1.18.4 but was still not feeling great.... maybe this is just the way the vette feels....

Then, through discussion about setups and looking at the setup, i realized that I hadn't loaded Keith's setup and was driving the default setup. After loading keith's setup and doing a few camber/caster tweaks.... I only turned a lap or 2 but it felt very similar to the BMW in control. I did hit a low 1.18 i think in practice but then off to quali..

Quali was a HUGE success for me. I pushed hard on my outlap as to get the tires nice and scrubbed.... so that they would hold those fast sweeping turns.... and I hit a mid 1.17 and then my tires really heated up and got some great grip. I turned a 1.17.1 and was thrilled that I had improved my time by over a second from practice. That placed me 6th on the grid of 18!!! THANKS KEITH!!!

Race 1: Much of the early part of race 1 was a blur but my concentration was simply to not make a huge mistake. I knew that I had lines that would help me be competitive if I just didn't make the big mistake that has plagued me here before. Someone (I think Yves) blew the start and so I was quickly upto 3rd or 4th. As I settled in and concentrated on my lines... I ran most of the race in 3rd place behind a lightening fast Keith and a very consistent and fast Adam Vaughn. I was only a second behind Adam for the early part of the race and my focus through the first half of the race was to cut Vaughnies lead from between 1-2 seconds down to under half a second. I was never able to do this..... and by lap 14 he had accumulated an insurmountable lead of 3+ seconds that I could never cut. I now had a different problem..... Yves was closing the gap down from a onetime gap of 4 seconds, he had closed to under a second and once as low as .6 seconds on my Vette. Now I was paying very close attention to where Yves was closing and where I had the advantage and it became apparent that he closed a third of a second in Moss and I gained it back from the last turn to the fast downhill lefthander.

His tail was too slippery late in the race and he never could get traction out of the last turn into the front straight and thus, with a big assist from Keith Barrick for the setup help... I took 3rd place and my first podium in over a month.

Now I was just as excited about race 2 since I love close racing and usually race 2 is even more enjoyable than Race 1.

Race 2 began with the 5 leaders battling it out for the first several laps. I was in 3rd place with Keith right on my tail (a very disconcerting situation) and he showed patience as I was having a tough time early on in this race with my Vette.... I had a lap or 2 of very slippery and tumultous driving but was still less than a second from the leaders. Keith and I caught the leaders in Moss and followed closely for another lap... but then upon entering moss keith was inching up close to me to avoid a barreling Yves and he lightly tapped me into the grass.... Keith both waited and appoligized profusely (no problem Keith ole bud) Eric sneeked by and keith and I are now in the 4 and 5 spots. Keith got by me and eventually eric with 2 GREAT moves in places that I wouldn't have tried to hold but that's why Keith is Keith and this IS home for him so he knows it like the back of his hand.......

NOW THE END...

So after a lap of chasing Eric's BMW, I was entering the S turns and got really aggressive in the middle part and lost control... I shot straight for the wall but instead of hitting the wall... I went thru the crack and up the hill into the spectators. It was the biggest disaster ever and I need to send condolences to all the flat people that I plowed over. Sorry about that but hope to see you soon again at Mosport!

DNF... massive failure for Race 2 and a moderate positive for the evening with a podium/DNF combo!

Thank you american club for listening to my incesant cry for this Jewel of a track.

Later boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline