Porsche GT3, GT4, and GTE race setup request

chipwich

Premium
Greetings,

With the release of AMS2 v1.3.6.1, I was looking forward to trying out the the new physics modeling in the Cup, GT3, and RSR 911. IMO, they still have way too much understeer, especially in a rear engine car. Anyone have a good setup for this series of cars? -cheers

Ok, setups for me is the risk vs reward model..I would like a car with a stiffer front end, but it seems stiffening an axle will wear the tires down, especially with the ARB, but a stiff front gives the car consistency, but be aware of the tire wear thing. The rear ARB and power Ramp are what will give you the oversteer to attack corners. however, if you are to aggressive and the back steps out on exit, though lack of grip or too much power, you gone too far. I set the shocks and dampers based on track. you can always play the bots contrast how bouncy you are to them..when you get like them shocks are set. Then adjust ARBs and Diff to get rotation right. Its different for every car but you start to pick up how the game works in terms of rotation. Often not much more than a click or few from base setup. Grip, is tricky, lots of games are set to where the more camber and less Tire pressure you have the better lap times. For AMS2s ever praise that is not the case here. I try to get all pressures the same, the more a tire works give a little less so they will all match up..i think it helps with wear and performance. and camber is a car to car thing but start at base line and add until you start losing time. And remember the tire will wear through the race so give you self some room. hope this helps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%