AC Porsche GT3 Cup @ Virginia International Raceway - Friday January 6th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was great fun, despite all of my excursions off track! Thanks so much for organizing, and I'm truly sorry to those who I took out... I tried to stay out of the way but it didn't always work, notably when I over corrected and spun right back into the middle of the track on the 3rd or 4th lap... Sorry!

Lot of fun, thanks fellas. I need to slap my pit crew for not putting enough fuel in my car. :cry:

Wow, what a race. Absolutely hectic first lap! I managed to run a consistent pace throughout to pick up 2nd. :) Never have been a big fan of AC but man did this race change that a little. The Cup car and VIR were the perfect combo!

Hope to race with all again soon! :thumbsup:

Cheers Lorenzo,

new server was about 50% better ping than before and rock solid. why cant it make my driving 50% better as well? haha

Seeing the first lap and how horrible my start was reminded me of a couple of stupid questions I have....

1. Where the hell was I supposed to be looking for the start? Were there lights or a countdown somewhere? Maybe the lights are just hard to see from the back :)

2. Is there some sort of launch control procedure for cars like these without a clutch? I can't remember what I did, but it was super slow whatever it was.

3. Maybe less stupid, but does Assetto log lap data from sessions like this? I never really saw my times from practice/qualifying.

Also, this was my first time on a modded track and was very impressed with the quality. What other track mods are out there that are this good?

Last edited:
Seeing the first lap and how horrible my start was reminded me of a couple of stupid questions I have....

1. Where the hell was I supposed to be looking for the start? Were there lights or a countdown somewhere? Maybe the lights are just hard to see from the back :)

2. Is there some sort of launch control procedure for cars like these without a clutch? I can't remember what I did, but it was super slow whatever it was.

3. Maybe less stupid, but does Assetto log lap data from sessions like this? I never really saw my times from practice/qualifying.

Also, this was my first time on a modded track and was very impressed with the quality. What other track mods are out there that are this good?
Did you not get the lights show up in the centre of your screen? They light up in sequence then go out when it's time to go.

I think the launch mode depends on the server setting. Some servers allow you to select first gear before the lights go out, then just penalise false starts. I prefer it that way, because having to select the gear quickly then launch is kind of annoying, I would rather have the car in first with the clutch in then simply launch when the lights go out.

Every car is different in how to get off the line quickly though so you need to experiment. In the Porsche it has plenty of grip so I've found you can just rev it up and dump the clutch when you want to launch.

To log data you need a third party telemetry app running. I use ACTI which saves the telemetry from every session I'm in the car. It saves it in a folder specific to the track and car combo so the files are easy to find, and able to be opened in Motec I2 software. As for the replay file, you have to save it manually after the session.

There are many top mod tracks available, personally I think that VIR is the best, however my other favourites are Bathurst, Barbagallo, Donnington, Bridgehampton and Riverside.

Did you not get the lights show up in the centre of your screen? They light up in sequence then go out when it's time to go.

I think the launch mode depends on the server setting. Some servers allow you to select first gear before the lights go out, then just penalise false starts. I prefer it that way, because having to select the gear quickly then launch is kind of annoying, I would rather have the car in first with the clutch in then simply launch when the lights go out.

Every car is different in how to get off the line quickly though so you need to experiment. In the Porsche it has plenty of grip so I've found you can just rev it up and dump the clutch when you want to launch.

To log data you need a third party telemetry app running. I use ACTI which saves the telemetry from every session I'm in the car. It saves it in a folder specific to the track and car combo so the files are easy to find, and able to be opened in Motec I2 software. As for the replay file, you have to save it manually after the session.

There are many top mod tracks available, personally I think that VIR is the best, however my other favourites are Bathurst, Barbagallo, Donnington, Bridgehampton and Riverside.

Thanks for the reply!
I didn't see the lights but it's possible they were above my field of view or I wasn't looking in the right place. I'm using an Oculus so sometimes UI things are hard to find or see depending on their size. I ran a race against the AI and got them so I think I know where to look now.

Thanks for the ACTI and track tips... I'll be sure to check them out!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 278 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.5%