Porsche GT3 Cup Series by EnduRacers - WIP

klo-che

EnduRacers Modding Team
Endu_997GT3.jpg

Website Story : Newsletter #25

The 997 GT3 Cup is back ! EnduRacers happily unveil a new high quality projet featuring the famous Porsche racing car.

The mod based model was unveiled in early 2010 and was immediately introduced into the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup, the Carrera Cups in Germany, Asia, Japan and Italy as well as the GT3 Cup Challenges in the USA and the Middle East. The Team has decided to feature the 5 biggest championships around the world : Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup, Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain, Porsche Carrera Cup France and Porsche Carrera Cup Italy . Some bonus skins of the other championships will be available in the mod.

1 - INFORMATION

* Originally scheduled for rFactor2, the mod will be released first on rFactor 1, and is sheduled later on a currently unknown platform. There is no release date scheduled.
* The v1.0 version of the mod will feature 2010 and 2011 seasons. The 2012 and 2013 entries are sheduled as future additional packages, since the car versions have been modeled.
* After the mod initial release, community skinners will be free to create and send to us skins from the bonus championships, to include them officially in the mod.
* We can moreover confirm you that the car has been designed in GTC configuration too, and will be added in the Endurance Series mod, in a timeline not defined yet.
* Our website will be updated in few days to feature the new mod. First ingame screenshots will be diffused in few days.

2 - LINKS

Facebook Page
Official Website
Official Forum

3 - THE CAR

EnduRacers Modding Team

I am trying to contact both parties for an interview as this cannot be true. Enduracers have sacrifised so many countless hours in the last couple of years to promote Porsche for free and this is the reward they get?

Am very worried about this

And I fear that the recent exposure that the WMD Porsche thingy gained might have openeed up Porsches eyes to what is going on in modding. Not sure exactly what happend but it seemed like they built a sort of game, and Porsche or someone else nicked it and marketed it as their own? Not sure sorry but was not really very good publicity for simming and gaming. And more importantly shed a legal spotlight on it

They are notoriously difficult to get on board with games, GT never managed to get them in even after this many years and sales of games.

My main concern is that other manufacturers might follow suit.

The publicity and hassle that Bell etc got involved with on some forums (not here) about the recent Porsche situation can't have helped.

I am trying to contact both parties for an interview as this cannot be true.

As the community has already took the lead in drawing conclusions but not checking the facts i can say: check the facts from both sides and you see that its just a little bit different.

The problem as i understand it is not about the use of the name "Porsche" but the brand names of their series "Carrera-cup" and "Mobil1 Supercup".

Enduracers can just release the mod if they want when they no longer use those names and sponsors I think.

I am trying to contact both parties for an interview as this cannot be true. Enduracers have sacrifised so many countless hours in the last couple of years to promote Porsche for free and this is the reward they get?

Try to get more backing people, I've read a slight hand picked posts that backs our arguments in a logic way, Hammer then with a Petition or such. I've seen that you looked at the German FB Page about this and as the comments were also sceptical and disappointed on this as it changes anything if the quake now gets followed by waves.

Don't use the Trollolo Guy on your statements, it'll just let's it stand as clownish :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.6%