rF2 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge @ Mountain Peak R.C. - Wed 11th Feb

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
For me the Download took ages, have a 16M/Bit connection. Tried to get some practise on Monday but it took around 4 hours in the evening to finally get all the cars?!

For me the Download took ages, have a 16M/Bit connection. Tried to get some practise on Monday but it took around 4 hours in the evening to finally get all the cars?!
You can download the cars from the mod section here and the rF2 homepage. Some tests in the isiforum showed, that getMod should be as quick as a normal download, but for me it is dead slow as well. I run in a leauge where they distribute tracks and cars via getMod. When all cars get updated around 1GB. It takes me at least two or three hours to get all updates, so I try to do a normal download whenever I can :(

You can download the cars from the mod section here and the rF2 homepage. Some tests in the isiforum showed, that getMod should be as quick as a normal download, but for me it is dead slow as well. I run in a leauge where they distribute tracks and cars via getMod. When all cars get updated around 1GB. It takes me at least two or three hours to get all updates, so I try to do a normal download whenever I can :(

Jip, The downloads via the ingame "get missing components" are just dropbox links. :) Downloading them via ingame or via a browser is just the same.
The Apex GT3 are 7 separate downloads (6 cars + 1 sound packages). +/- 600 Mb.

At the moment all downloads are done one by one ingame:
It would be cool if you could choose the amount of simultaneous downloads. Like 3 or 4 packages downloading at the same time. :) Because your download speed is limited to the source. :)

Jip, The downloads via the ingame "get missing components" are just dropbox links. :) Downloading them via ingame or via a browser is just the same.
The Apex GT3 are 7 separate downloads (6 cars + 1 sound packages). +/- 600 Mb.

At the moment all downloads are done one by one ingame:
It would be cool if you could choose the amount of simultaneous downloads. Like 3 or 4 packages downloading at the same time. :) Because your download speed is limited to the source. :)
The weird thing for me is, that it is a lot slower most of the time. If I use normal dropbox, I get like 0,5 to 1,5 MB/s. When I use get missing component (not only at RD) I only get around 0,1 MB/s, which makes it really slow. No idea why that is :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%