rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
porsche-club-jpg.80579

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PORSCHE
Track: Montréal
Car: Apex Modding GT3 Porsche (Sounds), BES Porsche (Sounds)

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 19:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 19:30 GMT - 30 minutes [standing start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. David O'Reilly
  2. Daiman Patel *
  3. Rui F. Martins
  4. Andrew Pienaar
  5. Sharjeel Riaz
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 17

Last edited:
We seem to be using the Apex modding car lately instead of the BES 911. Will we see it again soon?
We had both at Road America and their pace was very similar but IMO the BES car has better handling due to the ability to adjust diff on power and coast side separately. The Apex car you have to choose between turn in oversteer (low diff lock) or exit understeer (high diff lock).
The BES car also has more drag, Apex a little fast.
Just asking.
Thanks.

We seem to be using the Apex modding car lately instead of the BES 911. Will we see it again soon?
We had both at Road America and their pace was very similar but IMO the BES car has better handling due to the ability to adjust diff on power and coast side separately. The Apex car you have to choose between turn in oversteer (low diff lock) or exit understeer (high diff lock).
The BES car also has more drag, Apex a little fast.
Just asking.
Thanks.
Ah, David! It's great to see you here again mate! :thumbsup: My apologies, I chose the Apex Modding version because I thought it was preferred following the last update, not to mention that I had almost completely forgotten about the BES version. :redface: Saying this, I too think that the BES 911 is the better mod; that race we had at Poznan has scarred me for life! :laugh: I can update the server to use both versions of the car, if you like. :D

Ah, David! It's great to see you here again mate! :thumbsup: My apologies, I chose the Apex Modding version because I thought it was preferred following the last update, not to mention that I had almost completely forgotten about the BES version. :redface: Saying this, I too think that the BES 911 is the better mod; that race we had at Poznan has scarred me for life! :laugh: I can update the server to use both versions of the car, if you like. :D
The therapy I had after Poznan in the early version 1 has helped, but yes when I see Apex 911 I flinch a little still!
I would love you to run the BES 911 and will be there to race if so.
I did a back to back test on the two cars a few months ago (Apex and BES) and the new Apex was a big improvement, but still the BES is the benchmark (IMO).
It was interesting at Road America with both types in a 90 min race.
The Apex had us off the line (low Cd), (my theses was* Gijs had higher diff lock and I was able to drive under him on a fast corner, another good driver had less diff lock and he kept having isues on turn entry. So despite lower top speed the BES was better over race distance.

The therapy I had after Poznan in the early version 1 has helped, but yes when I see Apex 911 I flinch a little still!
I would love you to run the BES 911 and will be there to race if so.
I did a back to back test on the two cars a few months ago (Apex and BES) and the new Apex was a big improvement, but still the BES is the benchmark (IMO).
It was interesting at Road America with both types in a 90 min race.
The Apex had us off the line (low Cd), (my theses was* Gijs had higher diff lock and I was able to drive under him on a fast corner, another good driver had less diff lock and he kept having isues on turn entry. So despite lower top speed the BES was better over race distance.
The server has been updated - both versions of the car should now be available to drive! :D Let me know if there are any issues.

Really sorry, scrub that, you are running an ancient version of the bes mod that has been so improved since then. :(
In what way has it been improved?
Personally I am delighted with the version I have and have spent many hours testing and driving various 911 mods that are not as good. I dont want to update unless its clearly better and more or as authentic.
@Petra Sklenarova
can you enlighten us?
I drove it about 2 months ago HERE and it was fantastic. Pretty sure it was V1.0 Any changes?

Last edited:
petra has updated all the cars in the bes mod since 1.1 better textures, graphics,sounds,physics,lightflares etc etc, ill drop a link when im at my pc
It might not be wise using the updated mod for this race, as people are accustomed to v1.0; however, we can certainly move to the new version in the future. :D I can run a club race with them next week, if you like? :thumbsup:

Just to let you know, the BES Porsche finds a slight speed bump (which it tends to do on some tracks ) just before braking zone for the hairpin end S2 and on pit straight occasionally.
It doesnt affect the lap, just a little jolt.

Fuel is 2.16 lit/lap
Prob 18 laps so 40 lit.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years