Porsche Cup car has been released.

There is something wrong with the car, I think.

It has 524/15 steering lock. This is a ratio of 17.5:1

Even my rusty old 99 Audi A4 has faster steering.

The brakes are also nearly nonexistent. I can stomp full 80 kg and it doesn't brake.

It’s got some issues.

Sound is unbelievably bad. Probably worst cup car out there. Wheel lock isn’t represented by the dash lights and the car just doesn’t balance well on gas/brake.

Nords was great. This car is not.
I agree with you . I tried every damn thing in car setup but that braking doesn’t feel good at all for me.

• Deleted member 955978

Anyone knows what this exactly means?

Power is delivered to the rear axle via a race clutch and a Porsche-Motorsport-designed six-speed dog-type gearbox with a mechanical limited-slip differential. For the first time in a Porsche-made cup race car, gear shifting is performed with paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

Am I supposed to use the clutch (even if rF2 hasn’t implemented proper drivetrain simulation, just for realisms sake) while downshifting or something.

A bit more info would have been great S397.

Hi all
I have not got it yet as I am on holiday, but will be getting it as soon as I return.
However for those with the brake comments
I am a fan of the Porsche cup cars but I always note that the breaks are much weaker in Race Room experience cup car compared to the GT3 is this the same?

Best wishes
Bob

Hi all
I have not got it yet as I am on holiday but will be getting it as soon as I return.
However for those with the brake comments
I am a fan of the Porsche cup cars but I always note that the brakes are much weaker in Race Room experience cup car compared to the GT3 is this the same?

Best wishes
Bob
The brakes in this car aren't very good at all. I did lower the max pedal force as someone suggested, but it's still very hard to stop the car. The AI is also fast, at least for me. I tried a 14 car, 10-lap race at Sebring with the AI set at 93%, which I can usually compete with. In this case, I was getting my butt kicked. I lowered it to 90% and I still wasn't nearly as fast. Of course, that speaks to my level of incompetence.:) While we're on the subject, I get really tired of restarting the race because half the field either parks on the edge of the track or else they crash. I finally gave up after 4 restarts. I don't know if this is a Sebring only bug, but it's irritating.

• Deleted member 955978

The brakes in this car aren't very good at all. I did lower the max pedal force as someone suggested, but it's still very hard to stop the car. The AI is also fast, at least for me. I tried a 14 car, 10-lap race at Sebring with the AI set at 93%, which I can usually compete with. In this case, I was getting my butt kicked. I lowered it to 90% and I still wasn't nearly as fast. Of course, that speaks to my level of incompetence.:) While we're on the subject, I get really tired of restarting the race because half the field either parks on the edge of the track or else they crash. I finally gave up after 4 restarts. I don't know if this is a Sebring only bug, but it's irritating.
GT3 Cup at Nords is a crashfest also...

I am on the same boat as most people here, I'm quite disappointed by the car. It feels like it has no grip anywhere, have they put road tires on this? There isn't much in the car setup you can change either.

I can drive the same car in AC, AMS and R3E at a reasonable pace and most importantly, without crashing. This is impossible for me with this rF2 rendition. For instance, at Road America my laptimes are 2:11-ish but in rF2, I can barely break into 2:16's...

The Tatuus cars are amazing (coming from someone who's usually not into open wheelers) and they are free. I can't understand why this payware is inferior in quality to those.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%