Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

As a test, I just downloaded Bram's version above. Then I downloaded the scn files that I posted, and put them in their correct folders. The track loaded fine for me.
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I do not let it install straight into GSC. Instead I install it into a temp folder, then use Generic Mod Enabler to insert it into my game. But that should not make any difference as far as I can see.

Hi Jok3sta, there are two things to try.

1. Is change the values in the realfeel plugin, but at the moment each skin makes a realfeel entry (may get round to that eventually).

2. Is change the SteeringFFBMult=0.0 value in the HDV files to one of these values.

I'm surprised to learn that you don't like the real feel with these cars, I find them a lot more communicative than before, you can feel the wheels lock etc. I do prefer to feel what's going on rather than really strong ffb.

Anyway if that's what you like I suggest you change the HDV values, this will disable realfeel but if you go for a higher number that will increase ffb strength.
Thanks for the reply paul. The real feel feels great. I just wanted slightly more resistance. I was adjusting the max setting the wrong way as well as tinkered with some of the other settings so I ended up not knowing which one i screwed up lol. After i realized i was going the wrong way I bumped the maxsetting up a few notches and if feels great now.

This is where Im at now if anyone wants to try. BTW if I already changed all of the cars Description in the veh to use the same realfeel settings do I need to update to the new version?

[PCCUP]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1600.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=11500.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=3.000000

This is something that has bugged me in rfactor conversions for GSC for ages, in a lot of conversions the upgrade option to enable driver arms is on by default. Nearly every conversion I have seen on t'internet has this enabled and frankly it looks crap in GSC.

Keith Windsor in this thread actually sorted the problem out, so thanks to Keith for the solution. There is a slightly simpler way which i will explain below that removes the arms from any mod. And hopefully people converting mods will start doing this as it has been doing my head in!

1. Go into Gamedata folder in your mod/installation.

2. Go into Vehicle folder.

3. Look for your Mod you wish remove those pesky limbs.

4. For example i wish to sort a certain F1 1991 mod. That look like this.

PI05lg2.jpg

Excuse the graphics its on a low spec computer!

5. Once in the vehicle section of the mod, I go in to teams then the team I want to mod, e.g Benetton, i then want the upgrades.ini for the team that looks like this in this instance, Benetton_Upgrades.ini.

6. Use notepad to open this file then scroll until you spot an entry like this

UpgradeLevel="Arms"

This maybe slightly different in another mod, for example UpgradeLevel="Movable Arms" etc. It is the upgrade level that is the important part.

7. To get rid of the arms simply add \\ to the start of the entry so it now looks like this.

\\UpgradeLevel="Arms"

yN4PKNu.jpg

8. Save and exit and you now have removed the crappy looking arms.

Repeat for all upgrade files in the mod or use a text editor to do it for you. Some mods have only one upgrade file so then it is just a case of one change to one entry.

Modder's don't let me see those things again :)

I was just so sick of them in most conversions, not only do you need to sort all the ffb, descriptions and classes, after all that you are then confronted with dislocated arms. That weird thing at full lock were the arms kinda disappear, totally takes you out of the immersion.

If a job's worth doing it's worth doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%