Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia?

I was just setting up a server and spotted this:

PorscheScan.jpg

Anyone know how long that has been there? Have I missed a content announcement somewhere? :O_o:

Edit: Attempting to join a server set with this class results in infinite "loading" so never gets to car selection. Looks like upcoming content which S3 have accidentally enabled in the server manager too early.

Last edited:
The class must have been there since October 2nd, because that was the last time the dedicated server tool was updated.
Not necessarily. If the DST reads data from the servers about available classes and tracks then it wouldn't need a direct update when new content is added. For example, Bilster Berg was not on the track list before it's release on the 11th, so clearly wasn't added in the DST update on the 2nd.

Also, I don't remember seeing it when we ran the Procar this week, and the new entry is right above them.

Not necessarily. If the DST reads data from the servers about available classes and tracks then it wouldn't need a direct update when new content is added. For example, Bilster Berg was not on the track list before it's release on the 11th, so clearly wasn't added in the DST update on the 2nd.

Also, I don't remember seeing it when we ran the Procar this week, and the new entry is right above them.
Ok, that might be true, I'm not sure how the dedicated server UI works, but then it must have been there at least temporarily in the last few weeks because they needed to set up the practice servers and race servers for the aforementioned eSports championship.

... but then it must have been there at least temporarily in the last few weeks because they needed to set up the practice servers and race servers for the aforementioned eSports championship.
I don't think so. If that were true, then every new or unique class used for esports would appear in the public DST menu during every competition. That definitely isn't the case so I would guess they can flag such classes as public or private for their own use. This case is probably just an oversight, someone accidentally giving the class the wrong flag when messing with their server-side settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%