rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Silverstone International - Fri January 21st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Race 1: Good start and nice early battle with Gary until he binned it. I was looking good for the win till I myself binned it with 5 laps to go. Managed to crawl back to 3rd, even after stalling the bugger :p

Race 2: Clean start again and was looking on for a good battle with Caner until I lost it early on going through T2/3 spinning across T4 for good measure. The race kinda fell apart from there on in, couple of good battles with Adam Eggbeer although I made two optomistic moves that weren't so hot, sorry to Adam for those. Tight finish at the end.

Thanks to RD for organising.

This mod provided great racing once again. Got minor damage to rear in both starts and had to change my break balance a bit because of that in race 1 which made me somewhat slower in places. Also it seemed that guys I was battling against in both starts might had a tad smaller wing. Nice battles in both races anyways! :D

I'm happy with podium finishes. :)

Silverstone is one of those tracks im kind of indifferent to,dont love it,dont hate it,dont do very good there,dont do very bad there,etc. etc.
A strange night of starting out bang on the money up front pace,and gradually tapering off getting slower and slower as the event went on 0.o,front row start beside Richard on pole and i smoke him from the lights and made T1 mine ;P,didnt look back and pushed as hard as i dare,noticed Richard was happily tagging along close and we had dropped the pack a little bit,he got back in front and felt a bit better chasing at this stage of the race gradually creeping back up and having thoughts of another wee stint in the lead,i plan a run out of the Maggots/Becketts complex and maybe get alongside down the straight to the hairpin,it went all wrong early in the plan with a spin off....dropped to 4th then the guy in 3rd just ahead went off so i got a nice bit of close chasing with Pawel,then we pass the freshly spun Richard from way up ahead in the lead,so its back to a win fight for me :D,until i cocked it up again with another spin :p.....finish 4th.
Second qually was when i noticed my pace really was dropping off as the event went on!! start 8th with an ok launch to hold that,some malarky ahead to avoid that Adz takes advantage of sneaking past me,i follow along and i think theres even more malarky to avoid??,but all avoided no probs,finally settle and get serious about hassling Adz as the pack ahead isnt far ahead or too spread at this point,i make chunks of ground at Bridge corner and all through the final sector,this catches me out though as just literally brush the back bumper of Adz at the left hander after Bridge,its enough to unsettle my front end and around she goes on me,unlikely Adz would have even felt it or known anything about it :),just as im thinking of getting going again the next car coming around at full on flat chat racing speed and has a head on collision with me,instant puncture and banana shaped Porsche wreckage,pit in get the dead tyre replaced and finish off with some fun with Erik :).
PCC night to forget ;p,Grats winners and podiums,i sure as hell didnt deserve any champagne' this week :D.

Big thanks Lee/Adz & RD

Next time, A overtaking circuit! No possible on Silverstone, speaking of experience :tongue:

just as im thinking of getting going again the next car coming around at full on flat chat racing speed and has a head on collision with me,instant puncture and banana shaped Porsche wreckage,pit in get the dead tyre replaced and finish off with some fun with Erik :).

Lololol, you mean, getting snapped up, then fighting (good fighting) then crashing and having some fun? :D

hahahajujuhuh Erik no worries m8,i remember sitting there spun and stricken seeing this car in the distance just coming around the turn and i was always thinking "he's seen me and will avoid in time no probs,dont move yet!,hes' seen me,he's seen me!!?...Bangg!..he hasnt seen me" :(.

:p

hahahajujuhuh Erik no worries m8,i remember sitting there spun and stricken seeing this car in the distance just coming around the turn and i was always thinking "he's seen me and will avoid in time no probs,dont move yet!,hes' seen me,he's seen me!!?...Bangg!..he hasnt seen me" :(.

:p

Eyes on the road :D

R1: Very clean race, I was driving carefully, trying not to push it too hard. Not too many fights, mostly overtaking guys that have just spun out and eventually - victory ;)

R2: That race was a little bit more nervous. After some chasing, fighting and manouvering between spun out cars I was on P2. I didn't look at the split times, just wanted to drive in my pace. I checked how much time's left, it was 7 minutes. My tyres had turned yellow maybe 2 laps before that time, so I said to myself 'maybe I can try to go faster a little bit'. And a few seconds later - first spin :) That distracted me and I spun out again half a lap later. Eventually, I cough up with Richard and Adam. Last lap, back straigh. They both lock up, Richard pushes Adam wide. And here's the best part of the race ;) Adam ends up right next to me, he enters the corner first. I overtake him at the next one. Then he overtakes me :) I follow him and just barely touch him on the way out to the straigh. Richard was right behind us, a really close finish! Great racing, too!

first race:
Ended up 11th. It used to be a pretty decent race until lap 14. I think I've got carried away then and had too much faith into the tires as I tried to overtake Ross McGregor on the inside of Priory - I'm sorry for the incident.

second race:
Pulled the first gear way too early and was punished with a drive-through penalty. Returned into the race at last position. Eventually approached the backmarkers and got into a small battle with Chris Sykes that ended kind of bitter for him in lap 14. :frown:
Ended the race at position 13th.

Thanks go to everyone who has participated in the event and to RD for making it possible. :good:

Race 1: made it 3 awful porsche races in a row for me. Qually was ok, but i just can't get that first flying lap completed without throwing it into the scenery! Firstly, i spun while avoiding an incident on the exit of copse, then i spun all on my own, then i lost it on the inside of the hairpin with Bob outside me and i was tapped round by someone else before i could catch it, before Marcel got me later in the race. (no probs, you waited) Finished 10th i think.

Race 2: after making a setup tweak, (literally just one tweak!) i found an extra 1s from qualie 1, and felt a lot more comfortable, and scraped 3rd on the grid. Race started a bit poorly, as the car broke traction exiting the hairpin, demoting me to 6th. But after avoiding a couple of spinners and resisting some early pressure from Adam, i set about an almost race-long duel with Samuli. Lots of tight action (plus a small bump up the rear!) made things very interesting and enjoyable. Had a monster slide on the penultimate lap which created too big a gap for me to make up.

Cheers Lee for setting this up

Didn't get much time to practice tonight but got a stable setup and was within a couple of seconds of the front guys despite not driving the track since the Toca 2 Touring Car days.

Quali 1: Ok-ish lap to take P12.

Race 1: Made a good start and gained a few places on the opening lap. Slowly gained a few more places whilst others made mistakes and eventually ended up 7th after Caner got past near the end.

Quali 2: Got a new PB to take 9th.

Race 2: Another good start and followed Lenno through turn 1. Somebody spun at turn 4 forcing several cars wide, allowing me to sneak down the inside and getting past Lenno. He stayed tight to my tail as I pressurised Ross, and then I look back and Lenno isn't there.

finally settle and get serious about hassling Adz as the pack ahead isnt far ahead or too spread at this point,i make chunks of ground at Bridge corner and all through the final sector,this catches me out though as just literally brush the back bumper of Adz at the left hander after Bridge,its enough to unsettle my front end and around she goes on me,unlikely Adz would have even felt it or known anything about it

Nope, never knew you had disappeared until a few corners later. Slowly dropped back from Ross and found myself in a good battle with Richard. We switched places twice as we each made mistakes, and then we come across Pawel who is recovering. That led to a great last lap. Richard out-brakes himself into the hairpin and hits me up the back. I run wide and Pawel darts up the inside but I was able to keep alongside and keep the position around Bridge. I run wide in Priory and Pawel takes the opportunity to pass me but runs wide. I dart up the inside and take back the position at Brooklands. Going around woodcote, I keep tight to the inside to not let either Pawel or Richard past and it worked, allowing me to finish 4th.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back