rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Norisring - Fri 4th March 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Quite a night for me.

Right at the end of R1 warmup my screen freezes :mad: again. I get back in by the skin of my teeth, thanx admins for noticing I had dropped.:cool:

I couldn't duplicate in Q my time in praccy, about par for me. Had a good 5-6 laps, before looping in T1 and hobby horsing over the curb. Sorry to the guy I collected. Got banged up on my run back to 12th but a good race for me.:)

Q2 same as my first. The start of R2 went well until about lap 3 I came across a parking lot in the chicane.:confused::wink:
By the time the banging noises stopped I had a flat right front. After blowing the pit entrance and getting a drive thru I just motored around to avoid a DNF.:cool:

These cars are alot of fun and I look fwd to Fridays now.

Thanks RD and the admins for allowing us racers to have a great time.:drink:

Qualy 1: Got a 52.7, 11th fastest, I guess. Not a great time, more than 1 sec. behind the pole, but the best I could do at the moment.

Race 1: Fighting wildly for the 8-10th position until 5 or 6th lap, until the incident with Georgios. Then I fell down to 12th or 11th place, got stuck in there. Nothing much went on since then.

Qualy 2: Improved to a 52.4, but started 12th place this time. Guys got better :p

Race 2: I was around my position start and fighting with Mikael, until we had an accident at the S, the same place as the Race 1. But this time things were more serious, since I hit the inner wall and by some cars that were after me. As a result, I lost the front bumper and had a crooked wheel, and had to go to the pits to fix it. After that, I just did a lonely race until the checkered flag.

I can say I'm a bit frustated for my poor perfomance this evening. I was far from being the quickest guy around, but could have done better than that.

Well, let's hope I can have better luck next time. See ya!

Messiest Porsche event thus far, too many incidents for it to have been a good couple of races (for me anyway) This can mostly be put down to the track and its two big stops at both hairpins, but some of the competitors need to take a bit of responsibility too. I ended up being taken out at T1 in both races, which wasn't ideal especially as i was distinctly off the pace tonight and needed all the luck i could get to stay with the frontrunners. Hey-ho, here's to next week!

Struggled with the pace initially but still managed 3rd on the grid for R1

Got a good start and got alongside Kjell on the outside braking zone into T1. Left plenty room on the inside and came away in 3rd with Pavel and Adam in front and Lee alongside for T2. ran a little wide but managed to hold on to the place. Got way too deep into the final hairpin due to the tyres not quite being up to temp and ran wide allowing both Kjell and Lee back through.

Lap 2 and a small incident at T1 with Pavel and Adam allowed Lee and Kjell through into the lead with myself again alongside adam for T2. Adam managed to hold me off round the outside and retained the place. T1 again and Lee overcooks it on the way in allowing us all through, up to P4 at this point.

Things settled down somewhat and I just tried to keep it consistent and stay with Pavel looking to exploit any major mistakes he might make. Eventually it pays off and I manage to put a move up the inside at the last corner on lap 16.

3 laps later and I see Kjell slow ot of T1 after some kind of incident. I tried to switch to the outside to see the braking point but just miss it and clip his rear quarter. I waited at the wall for him to get going then rejoined but should have let Lee go as I blocked him a little (only saw this on the replay). Spent the remainder of the race fighting off Lee for a 4th place

Q2. manage a flying lap and take the pole :D

Got a decent start but Butchie got an amazing one and takes me into T1. Manage to stay with him to an extent and a few laps in he has a half spin into the last corner. Go round the outside and to my amazement, he is still in the lead :confused:. Keep pressing on to keep the pressure.

Lap 7 and have a half spin into T1. get it going quickly but Kjell couldnt quite avoid me in the process. I feel to wait there would have caused mayhem but I feel bad as it did turn him around after which he disconnected. Lap 9 and Chris looses it into T1 which gives me the lead with Lee pressuring from behind.

Manage to hold him off until lap 13 where I made a small mistake into T1. got it recovered but was down to 3rd with Chris and Lee ahead. Lap 15 and Chris tries a move into T1 but overdoes it a little giving him a poor exit. Manage to outdrag him into T2 giving me the 2nd spot. Spend the rest of the race trying to catch Lee but he was too fast on this occaision, just slowly edged out on me.

Gratz to the winners and podium. Apologies to Kjell (again :frown: )

Thx RD and Lee for organising.

Quali 1: Did a good lap and lost out on pole by 0.003 seconds.

Race 1: Decent start and got past Kjell into turn 1, but Pavel got past both of us. I followed Pavel for a lap and we opened up a biggish gap to third, but on entry to turn 1 on the 2nd lap, I just clip his car sending him round. I nudge the front of his car back the right way and we get going again but dropped to 3rd and 4th. A couple of laps later, Lee spins at the 1st turn so I was up to 3rd, then I got past Pavel. I caught up to Kjell pretty quickly and the two of us just pulled away from the rest. I was quicker on the straights and under braking but he was a lot better around the corners and always pulled out enough of a gap on the corner exit to not give me a sniff. This battle raged for about 15 laps until we came across some backmarkers. One of them span on the inside of turn 1 causing the other 2 backmarkers and Kjell to be tangled up as I went around the outside. I was planning on waiting for Kjell as I knew what had happened was not his fault and it was a too good a battle for it to end that way, but he slipped down the order. I carried on to take the win, but in all honesty Kjell deserved to win this one more than me.

Quali 2: Currently lying 4th with not much of the session to go, 0.044 seconds off pole, and on my last lap I was 0.3 seconds up on my best time with just the hairpin to go. Negotiated it nicely only to receive the "connection lost" message. Really annoyed about that as I could well of got pole. The wireless card had somehow turned itself off but wouldn't turn back on again so a reboot was in order. Loaded up rFactor but that hung on the splash screen for 2 minutes before eventually loading. Quickly found the server and managed to join Warmup, 5 seconds before it flicked over to the race. A quick scramble to load the setup and make a few quick edits before joining the grid but I made it.

Race 2: Another OK start but was passed on the right by someone. On braking for turn 1, one of the cars moved left onto my line which meant I had to either keep the brakes applied and crash into him or ease off the brakes and avoid him. I did the latter but it meant that I wasn't going to stop in time for the corner and probably end up stranded mid-track with the pack crashing into me. I took the decision just to floor the accelerator and i jumped over the inside curb and narrowly avoided the front of Jeff's car. I managed to avoid everyone but I know found myself down the pack a bit. Had a couple of battles before getting in William's blind spot for turn 2 which caused an accident with a few other cars. I pitted to repair the puncture which I didn't know I had until I spun it the second time whilst recovering. Came out of the pits in the middle of the lead group, albeit a lap down, so allowed them to pass me. The car behind was only a few seconds behind so I tagged onto the back of the lead group to stay clear of him. I did not try to unlap myself, and braked early for corners to make sure I didn't get involved in their battle anyway. Eventually finished in about 13th.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%