rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Nürburgring - Fri January 7th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This event gives me mixed emotions. Race one was something like a crash race. Pushed hard at the start, some laps later pushed very hard off the track. After that, I was stuck in the middle of the field. Some of those should think about their driving style when fighting^^. Clipping lines under braking, in corners, suddenly slow down in the middle of a fight and so on... That's not the way racing is supposed to be^^. I think I took at least two or maybe three others out because of such unforseeable driving^^
icon_confused.gif
Sorry for that, but there was nothing to do in those situations. :frown:

Race 2 was the complete opposite of race 1! A pack of six or seven cars fighting from start till the end totally clean! I finished third behind winner Anders Nilsson and Gary Lennon. Was a realy cool race with some nice maneuvers. Three wide braking and so on - without contacts! That's how racing should be!
icon_biggrin.gif
Again, very nice move, Gary! :doublethumb:

Gratz to the winners and podium grabbers! Especially to my friend Anders for winning race 2! :D

Thanks for that Lee- thoroughly enjoyed the Porsches tonight!

Qualied 14th or something, really struggled compared to praccy, but avoided most of the big incidents and followed Adam home closely for 6th, albeit well off the pace of the leaders.

With some good advice from Mr. Lennon i qualied slightly better for race 2 and avoided the usual T1 shenanigans (although i gave Gary a fright on the way!) Settled into the leading group who were just getting away slightly, and soon had Gary up my chuff looking for a way by. (or revenge?) After a bad exit from the dunlop hairpin, (i think) he went by, and i then tried to get into a rhythm and keep pace with the leaders, which i was almost doing, making race 2 a big improvement for me. However, i was involved in a battle with the recovering Erik, and going into turn 1 i was offline and sailed wide, losing the leaders completely. Erik fared worse and spun, leaving me to finish 5th, which was a good result considering the quality of the drivers present.

Thanks for this Lee, and cheers to most of the guys for all the clean racing out there!

Great event, Thx Lee for organising.

was amazed how much pace I had especially among these aliens. Had a good first race but spun twice on the same corner. still managed my first podium so well happy.

Race 2 I managed to get the pole (whats goin on?) got too deep into t1 on cold brakes then had to avoid other cars that had done the same. This left me in 4th with some good action in the top 6 or 7, managed to get back into the lead due to other ppl making small errors but then ran slightly wide into T2 with Erik on the outside. This caused the slightest of touches but was enough to send me spinning. Unfortunatley this left me broadside on the racing line and Graham finished the car off with a T-bone. Managed to limp back to the pits and finished 17th I think. I did get the fastest lap though.

Apologies to Will as I pulled off the pit stall just as he was coming in, had no idea you were there m8 sorry.

great racing and look forward to the next events

I loved the cars and the event in general and was miserable at it at the same time. I span virtually a hundred times, touched Harald in R1 (sorry, waited), similar story in R2. It wasn't looking bad when I got behind Tomasz - I wanted to chase him down badly, as it turned out too badly, span right after getting close (over revved 2nd, bummer). And now it's been brought to my attention that I had touched William Crudup ever so slightly but hard enough to unease his car. And I was sure I didn't, cos I jumped off the kerbing at the same time, so did not feel it in the wheel (got masked by the forces from the landing). Terribly sorry for that one, mate. As I said, won't happen again :/.

But one thing for sure, I'd like to race those babies next week :). So thanks for organizing it to the staff and for showing up to those that did and hopefully see you next time around.

Was mega race 1, just gutted that graphics where playin up :(

have problem when u get big grids, any ideas any1?

Attachments

• GRAB_006.JPG
    GRAB_006.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 215
  • GRAB_002.JPG
    GRAB_002.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 231
  • GRAB_003.JPG
    GRAB_003.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 231
Adam and (Gary I think it was) suggested something hopefully then can replay with what it was :p.

Glad your all enjoyed the races, mod seems to race quite well IMO. :)

Have you tried changing ur directX level in the config.exe? How about increasing detail in your video settings as i notice the textures in one of your screens isn't too clear?

Was trying different resolution levels and track, car details etc, but did not try directX level, will try. Cheers Ross.

again loved mod, and track. Lee was really well organised, well done, I think i found my new home.

BIG thankyou to Gary for lovely clean race in Race 1. was so much fun. top man

Got Nvidea 480 gt, and XP

If its the ATI + XP issue then you can try the fix in this post : http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor/32741-invisible-cars-problem-rfactor-5.html#post701505

Really enjoyed tonight, these cars are great fun :)

Quali 1: Did a PB to take 13th.

Race 1: Made a slow start and was passed by a couple of cars into turn 1, but cut back up the inside and gained more back so was up to 12th. On lap 2 however, 7 cars decided to take the scenic route between turns 3 and 5 so was up to 5th which is where I stayed until the end, despite Chris, Ole, and Ross getting close on occasions with the former 2 disappearing again.

Quali 2: Same time as in Q1 roughly but only good enough for 15th this time.

Race 2: Better start and braked early for T1 and cut back up the inside as the mass exodus went into the kitty litter on the outside. Got nudged wide in turn 4 but nice bit of tarmac meant I didn't lose any ground and kept 9th. Hung onto the back of the leaders for a few laps as they squabbled over positions, in the processing braking my PB in consecutive laps. Then Ole dropped back and fell behind me as he lost control. Jeff got a puncture and span in front of me which I was thankful to avoid. This left me in a comfortable 7th where I finished.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

No worries Jeff I didnt even notice. Lukasz rubbin is racin friend I got loose out of the turn and came up a bit so part my fault too! I had a blast! The first turn all those cars something was bound to happen either early on or later when everyones tires were gone. Thanks for the race, good fun, quality drivers!

Noob out.

Qual 1: Manage to get a lap under 2 min.. :O 1:59.. :) The only one in the qual. (But earlier me and Kelvin had gone down on the 1:59.)

Race 1: Starts at pole, leading by a half of a second, going into 2nd lap, into turn 3 very wide, 90 degrees of normal direction, getting a little tap by Jeff. But again, racing incident, what could you do? Then, of course, middle of the road, most cars unscaping me, but some just bangs into me. :p xD Finishing on 8th.

Qual 2: Doing a 2:00:6 lap putting me on 3rd. Note, none got under 2:00. :)

Race 2: Getting a good start, driving past Ole and passing Jeff after some tricks in the Mercedes Arena. Like: 1 st corner, me inside he outside, 2nd corner, me outside he inside, 3rd corner, laying behind Jeff and taking a other line. 4th corner, getting a better exit and passing him on the small straight. After some laps he manages goes up on my side. 1st corner okay, side by side, 2nd corner side by side, he sliding a little and touching me enough for him to go into a spin. Still got 1st place after the incedent, and then Anders Nillson is on my side, on 5-6 laps he is trying in the last corner, freaking funny.. :D 5-6 times, he are on the inside and must have a tight exit to leave some space to me, and everytime I got a perfect exit and then accelerating from him. But after those tries, he comes again, and I'm braking very very late into 1st corner, and he get past, and loosing grip means that I are down on 6th.

Good race everyone, and hope to meet ya next friday!

Oh well, first race ever here where I actually was some sort of competetive. Just too bad i messed up in the races. Race 2 was just a desperate little thing. And I left before I did something stupid :)

Good Fun though! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing