rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Misano - Fri January 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not too bad for me although a little rough.

First quali I managed a P.B with 1.32.94. This put me in 2nd spot alongside Caner.

Got off to a slightly better start than Caner and was alongside for T1, he got overall a better line though and managed to get out in front. he went too deep into the hairpin which put me in the lead.

Managed to stay there for a few laps but was under a lot of pressure from Scott and Caner who was closing in fast. Eventually got a slight tap from Scott at turn 1 which spun me around allowing him and Caner through. No big deal, nothing malicous about it. Started chasing in 3rd but made too many mistakes throughout the rest of the race which resulted in a 4th place finish.

Q2 and could only manage 6th on the grid with many drivers breaking into the 32's

Again got off to a reasonable start and held station, just clipped Pavol into the hairpin so waited off track not realising he had got going immediatley. This left me at the back with it all to do.
Started chasing and got in behind Anders. No Holden today for him so he had to do with the same power as the rest of us :tongue: Managed to get a good tow down the back straight and outbraked him but also Yann in front of him which was unintentional. A risky move and not one I tend to do. Kept in in check for the rest of the race which helped me into 3rd, mainly due to other ppl making mistakes.

A rough event this time around which is unusual for an RD event. Hopefully next one will be a bit better.

Gratz to Caner and Adam for the wins and Podium finishers.

Thx Lee for organising

Why is everybody forcing these PCC cars so much, especially at the beginning?

Believe me when I say that you won't get anywhere with that! I've learned my lesson through an incident where I wasn't able to see my brake mark at the first sharp turn while running with cold brakes. It ended horrible!

Maybe some "extra" rules are needed for these kind of club events to keep racing clean? (What about 1 mandatory pitstop? *It could ease off the stress at the beginning):confused:

The situation in R1 was a perfect example: cars everywhere just before T3, no space anywhere, drivers in front of me struggling but still pushing their cars, smoking tires everywhere. I took the grass as my last ressort however my car got hit there by another car and got severly damaged. At first I didn't knew how bad it was but it turned out to be the fr suspension and a flat tire on the rr. I wasn't able to stop my car in time and so it came that I ran over the curbs. I tried to get my car back onto the grass but it was way too late and got another hit.

R2 was a bit better for me despite the many rough driving maneuver that were not necessary in my opinion.

I've also seen many dangerous crashes on my journey.

Anyway a 20 minutes race with these cars can be long and the tires are wearing out fast. I've tried to drive in a more economical way and it paid off in R2 - 5th place. YAY!

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for organising this event.:good:

Another nice night of Porsche action; qualified 4th for both races, slipped to 9th on the first lap of both races, then ulitmately finished 2nd twice after carefully working my way up the order.

Race 1: had an average start, and was being passed left, right and centre at turn 1 & 2. Perhaps i was too conservative, or maybe the others too aggressive? Fell to 9th on lap one, but took advantage of spinners or those in incidents to move up to 5th. (at least 4 cars went straight on at the hairpin for starters!) Had a slight moment that dropped me a bit behind Juha, but after a long battle i managed to pass at the hairpin at the end of the long straight. Ended up 2nd after more incidents ahead, but almost lost this on the last lap as i went in too hot into turn 1!

Race 2: a poor start saw me lose more places in turns 1 & 2, where an incident ahead caused all manner of evasive manouevres, resulting in me sustaining damage from Lee & Jeff's cars while everyone was avoiding other cars. So again i'd slipped to 9th after making a complete meal of the hairpin, and again i kept concetrating on keeping the car on the track, and taking advantage of those having spins/incidents ahead. After another clean battle with Juha, it was only Adam in front, and after a couple of laps i was on his tail. After following closely for a lap or two, i aimed to pass at the corner after the big hairpin, and on the last lap i tried to carry as much speed as possible through the hairpin to get a good run on him. However i ran wide and the chance was gone. Tidy driving Adam, i wasn't going to bomb down the inside (didn't work for a few people tonight!) so i had to try and get an overlap, and the opportunity just wasn't there!

Thanks to all i raced with, and Lee for setting this up.

Had a pig of a long busy day and fell knackered on me bed around 4:30ish for one of those "wee lye downs",woke up way after racing was done,its been a while since ive missed an event ive signed up for in this way,sorry Lee :(.

Quali 1: Did Ok to get P8.

Race 1: Made a good start put received a big hit from the left straight away which left a bit of bodywork covering the majority of my rear view mirror. Got to turn 3 and received another knock from behind which put me onto the grass. Recovered from that but was down in about 9th with Chris behind me. Chris attempted to go down the inside of me for the hairpin but out-braked himself leaving me unable to turn in without hitting his car, so I ended up on the grass again. Got going again before coming across Chris who had span at the hairpin and I couldn't avoid so had a big hit. Finished lap one in about 16th place with damaged suspension but kept going. Caught up to the back of Anders and got past him when he ran wide. Tried to overtake someone else (sorry, can't remember who) into turn 3 but they closed the door which resulted in me spinning. Got going again and got past Lee when he went off. Then with a couple of laps to go, I caught back up to the train of cars I was with half-way through the race and picked off a couple because they made mistakes. Going into the final hairpin, two cars were off-track, but one came back onto the track and blocked the racing line, forcing 2 of us to go onto the grass to avoid, but the car in front of me span it. Ended up going across the line in 7th.

Quali 2: Messed up my laps and ended up 10th.

Race 2: Made a great start and was up to 3rd by the exit of turn 3. Chased down Martin and Scott hard, even making the fastest lap on lap 2. They both span off on lap 3 which left me in front until Pavel and I had an incident on lap 4. Thankfully, he waited and let me back through but I was down in 5th. Lee span in front of me so I was now 4th, and then the front 3 all seemed to get in a tangle at the hairpin which put me back in front. Opened up a small gap to Juha before he was overtaken by Ross, who subsequently closed the gap quickly enough for him to be on my tail for the remaining three laps. I was trying to make sure I didn't give him a sniff of a chance into the two hairpins and the right hander after the first hairpin which paid off as he was never close enough to make a real chance of overtaking. Messed up the last 2 corners of the final lap but luckily held on for the win.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%