rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Croft - Fri 4th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That is good Adam, just as I said. :) Hopefully Lap 2 Turn 2 ain't going to disturb me. And Gary in his Porsche is always waiting for me, while Marcel is making pictures. :tongue:

Right, I'll have a go at this one please.

Just installed the mod last night and had a quick hour or so on Kris' fine track - be gentle with the noob and I'll do my best to keep out of your way.

Oh, what the heck. Haven't slept more than on hour on the last 40 hours or something, and not eaten since 09:00 this morning. Hadn't planned to race either...

But sign me up! If I get a top 5, do I get a cookie? I'm hungry!

Quality track tonight- well done Kris- and some good racing in race 1 spoilt by some over-aggressiveness in race 2. (A very disappointing recurring theme recently)

Slotted into 3rd on the grid (top 3 separated by 0.03s!) and had a decent start, climbing up alongside Lenno, but backed out of any T1 unpleasantness to slot into 3rd. Meantime, Kris has taken the outside line and we hit each other side-on, forcing both of us wide and letting MArk through. For the next few laps i have agreat and clean battle with Kris until he drops it at the fast chicane. I slowly catch the guys ahead, but they get together and i have 2nd place on a plate. Slightly catch Lenno as the race ends but he's too far in front to care! (1-2 for Glyn Geddie)

RAce 2: Did the qualie lap of my life and end up on pole. Get a decent start but Kris's is better and he leads into T1, Mark is all over the grass trying to dive down the inside and nearly punts me out but i manage to continue. He then takes the outside line and goes wide through the chicane, and despite taking to the grass has plenty of traction to go past. However, he forces me over to the extreme outside of the track to ensure he has a good line on the run down to turn 3/4. I follow Mark and Kris for a few laps and even get past Mark when he makes a mistake at the fast chicane, but i somehow half-spin at sunny in/out. (not sure if there was contact, but i haven't spun there before) Another couple of laps follow, and just before the final turn complex, Mark turns his lights on, distracting Kris, sending him into a spin, Mark also spins, Kris comes back across the track, and i hit him square in the door and get a puncture! To add insult to injury, Kris T-bones me as i rejoin!

Once i got some new boots on in the pits, i set about heading up the order, and finish in 8th place.

Some good racing tonight, but for goodness sake let's calm down a bit! Certain person(s) think winning is everything, it ain't, so concentrate on having a good time. Thanks to the usual suspects for clean racing, thanks to Kris for your terrific rendition of Croft, and cheers Lee for setting this up, the Porsche mod is definitely becoming a favourite of mine.

P.s.- i've notice some dodgy textures on the back-end of all the porsches- 2 diagonal 'stripes'/ WHat's with that?

I never liked the layout of Croft ever since the Toca 2 Touring Car days but Kris' version is always a delight to race on, even if I struggle.

Quali 1: Somehow got a PB to move up from 10th to 5th in the dying seconds.

Race 1: Made a good start but braked early to avoid trouble in turn 1. Someone took the grass route on the inside of me but it didn't pay off. Got a tap in turn 2 which sent the rear around and the car shot the other way when I got some traction on the grass. Ended up bouncing back onto the track but luckily avoided everyone. Went through the chicane fine and then on the drag to turn 6, Ole pulled alongside on the outside. Brakes were cold so we braked early but someone behind forgot and clattered into both of us. Rejoined the track in 15th place and set about chasing the pack with a damaged car. I got past a few cars early on, then got past a few more that went off. Ended up in 6th at the end.

Quali 2: I went slightly quicker than in Q1 but ended up in 9th.

Race 2: Another good start but couldn't use the advantage into turn 1 and ended up losing a place. I picked off a few guys who went off/disconnected and soon found myself in 6th. I could see Gary was in 8th about 7 seconds back but being held up so I tried to put the foot down to open the gap. I came across a pile up near the end of one lap and gained an extra 3 places from that which put me in 3rd. With about 8 minutes to go, Gary got past Yann and soon set about catching me. He was taking at least a second per a lap out fo me, which meant the last three laps were going to be tough. And indeed it was, 3 laps from the end and he can smell 3rd place. I defended hard, trying to stop him from getting the run out of corners when he was cutting back. I ran wide a couple times but I was able to keep the speed up and keep the position. Going into the last corner, on the last lap, I sensed he would have a go down the inside. I held the middle of the track and decided to shift up to 3rd as I do on quali laps with fresh fuel. Big mistake. The car ran wide, unable to stop, and Gary sneaked down the inside. I got a good run out of the corner but it wasn't good enough and he kept the position by 3 tenths of a second.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Well, here we are at Croft. A circuit that is within about 35 miles of me so if ever there was something I could call my "home event" this was it. As such, I wanted to do well here.

Q1. Managed to take Poll with a 1.19.70x

R1:
Got a good start and could see that Gary (2nd) got a lot of spin off the line which immediatley give me a litle breathing room into T1. Tried to keep it steady as much as I could without loosing too much time but was still making too many mistakes due to nerves getting the better of me. they were small but enough to give Gary a sniff of the win. Managed to hold him off for the first 12 minutes or so. However, I ran wide at Sunny, this gave Gary a run at me down the straight and he was just in front heading into the left hander. We gave each other room at complex and he was bale to hold the position.
Tried to put some pressure on but Mark was alos putting pressure on me too. He got a run on me again at complex but I hadnt realised he was coming up the inside and we touched sending us both spinning. Re-joined in 5th and tried to just get it finished knowing I had blew the chance of a win. Final position, 4th

Q2: Couldnt seem to make a clean lap so only managed 6th.

R2: Got a reasonable start off the line and found myself behind Erik and Gary. Watched as Erik got loose out of the first chicane then an allmighty tankslapper saw him T-bone Gary hard. Kept on chasing the rest of the pack but made the fatal mistake of following the car in front. He got his braking wrong and as such, so did I and I think 4 or 5 of us spun at the complex, was quite funy.
Managed to re-join 2nd though behind Ben. I could see he was struggling at times so pushed a little to try and put some pressure on with a 1.5 second gap. It payed off as he got loose in the complex (popular corner this :) )allowing me to go through into the lead. Just tried to keep it calm for the remainder of the race with no real pressure other than what I had on myself. Crossed the lione with a 3 second margin or so to take my first win :drink:

Apologies guys on the light flashing as I crossed the line. I hadnt realised it was coming through onto other parts of the circuit. Wont happen again.

Thx Lee for organising and RD for the event. Had a lot of fun tonight.

I think that one was of the best PCC Fridays so far,largely down to excellent track,race one from 2nd spot and another tardy job from me but just barely good enough to maintain my place,then it suddenly became just me chasing Jeff in a very early 2 car break away,really really enjoyed those laps of follow and study and plot a scheme ¬_¬.....the pattern was Jeff very strong all through the first sector and me clawing back some the final part of the lap,then i think Jeff became worn down a bit and went wide out of Sunny and i took my chance and got past,pushed the final 3 turns extra hard and came out the other side with a .700 gap lead and slowly begun to build it,saw Ross having a late surge for glory,was happy to respond and cover that off ;P.
Could not get near race one qually pace but even if i did it still would'nt have been enough to top the slightly obscene lap of Ross,so away from 2nd again,my start didnt feel too bad,but the ammount of people who passed me on the relatively short run down to T1 suggested otherwise,still no big deal as everyone i intended racing with were all close and in view,...then the curse of race two kicked in big time with young mad Erik letting his ambitions exceed his abilities a bit and ignoring the dangers of the PCC cars with cold tyres at the first high speed flat out chicane when he looks to go in too tight and get very unsettled to the point of totally losing it,i had a sort of futile attempt to avoid but he was tank slapping one way to the other eventually Tboning my left side good and proper with us both off,the car was banana shaped and took a while to adapt to it,i learned the "new modded" car behind Yann for what seemed like forever,just didnt feel fully confident with the car to attempt anything fancy,i think maybe Yann got sick of me stuck to his back end lap after lap and let me go chase Adz for 3rd,the gap started at 7secs and actually only really got a noticable chunk gained in the final sector,the last turn especially seemed to be bothering him,so this encouraged me to keep pushing and maybe salvage the podium from this one,as Adz describes is how it shook down.....i got the final complex nicely homing in approaching the final turn and stayed a bit left "fainting" a pass,but actually braked nice and early and got back out for a nice wide entry and classic switchback and stole 3rd to the line :D.
Well done Jeff and all podiums (aww schucks,and you Adz m8 ;P).

Big Thanks Lee/Adam & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back