Porsche Carrera Cup Asia 2018

Skins Porsche Carrera Cup Asia 2018 2018-12-25

Login or Register an account to download this content
LeSunTzu, your work is a piece of art! Many thanks for this!
Yet, I have a question concerning the skins #86 and #99. First to mention: I do not have Assetto Corsa, instead I brought your skinset - for my personal use only - to GTR2 where I have a suitable mod running. There I observed that the two skins do not have the red (#86) resp. the orange (#99) parts - they are white instead but the stickers are ok so I can be sure that the skin dds file has been found properly. Do you have an idea what is going on with these two skins?

Thanks for your answer and kind regards
dsl2012

In GTR2 there is a single texture for diffuse. In AC, there is a mix between two: one with the base color (metal_details.dds) and the other with details (Skin_00.dds for the GT3 Cup car); the blending mask is the alpha channel of the details file. For cars #86 and #99, it is obvious because the base color is very visible (red and orange), but that goes for all cars (except the dark ones): the base color is Porsche's "white" which is a light egg shell tone, while a straight conversion of the skin to GTR2 makes it pure white.

Thanks for your helpful explanation, LeSunTzu! Now I understand the differences between the two games better. It's too bad that these important cars (2nd and 3rd in the championship) do not appear in their original shape in my game. But that's the way it is. Happy New Year for you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%