RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
r3e_us_club-jpg.315477

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other.

And now back to what is near and dear to all racers of a certain age, Group 5. If you aren't familiar take a drive in one of these beasts to test your nerve around Sonoma with it's elevation changes and high speed will get your heart pumping.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Sign me up please and thank you.

It's going to be hard to resist driving the Capri in the race, but I've managed to tweak setups in the Fabcar, Monza, and 320T which are all less than a sec away from Capri times. It's probably going to be a race time decision for me. If anyone cares about duplicate livery's I'd use the baby blue bimmer, "Apple" 935, or the "Budweiser" Monza.

Also if anyone wants setups, just ask in this forum for car specific. I don't want to post them all. And don't ask for the Capri. That car is already the "edge"!

Godspeed

Given my current lap time (around 1:49) I'll take the Capri. :cool:
Hey Mitchell, Try not pushing for a few laps. Make sure you use the entire track, and then some. If you are able to go all the way wide, and then come all the way in to hit your apex, that's where you will gain time. But do it slower. I guarantee you will be faster going slower on this track! Also mid corner speed is very important. You want to get on the throttle as early as possible. This goes back to entering the turns slower than you might expect.

Try it, and gradually pick up the pass. Good Luck Bud!

Hey Mitchell, Try not pushing for a few laps. Make sure you use the entire track, and then some. If you are able to go all the way wide, and then come all the way in to hit your apex, that's where you will gain time. But do it slower. I guarantee you will be faster going slower on this track! Also mid corner speed is very important. You want to get on the throttle as early as possible. This goes back to entering the turns slower than you might expect.

Try it, and gradually pick up the pass. Good Luck Bud!
Dan,
Thanks for the help! Slower corner entry speed dropped time to 1:43.4, a definite improvement.
Area wher

oops, hit the post button....
Problem areas: Turns 3 & 5, tend to spin out.
I'm also having trouble determining brake points on turns 9 & 16.
Turn 15: do you brake before or ease off the throttle?
Mitch

Hmm interesting. Well I can attest that he has pace. Not sure why he’s not feeling this race. I would hope he can learn to have without the “need” to win. I practice very hard, and try to win, but I don’t expect it, maybe that’s why I have fun still. I like to use interesting cars that might not be the best pick, and that’s what makes it fun for me. Some of my favorite races I was out of a podium.

Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years