RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My 1st proper outing in a fwd car, I have to say I didn't expect to enjoy it so much :dance2:

Things started out quite well with a 5th in quali, I was still battling with the balance of the car but managed to hold it together enough for a reasonable hotlap.

Race 1:
Also started out nicely with me gaining a position and sitting in 4th spot for a while. Pierre meanwhile though was in hot pursuit while again I was struggling to put in consistently smooth laps. I guess (hopefully!) this will improve with experience... Eventually Pierre pounced on a mistake and overtook at the final bend, his next move though was into the pits. My tyres didn't seem too bad so carried on a couple more laps to try and take advantage of the clear track ahead.
Things started to go wrong on lap 8 when I lost the back end round the s-bends and went into a 360. Then into the pits, I thought I'd better change the rears also as they were feeling bad - this ended up though costing too much time so I rejoined in 9th. Yet another spin in the s'es on lap 11 sealed the 9th spot finish, not quite enough for a race 2 pole...

Race 2:
After the spinning expoits in race 1, I increased the rear downforce a little for race 2 hoping for a more predictable feel to the car. Had a decent enough start, eventually passing Robert on lap 2 to go 6th. More drama on lap 3 with some sideways driving after running wide on t1, somehow managed to pull it back though, appreciating now one of the benefits of fwd :wink2:
After benefitting from some race incidents further ahead and others pitting earlier, I pitted on lap 8 from 1st position with Dragos just behind. Dragos had a slightly shorter pit stop which meant us leaving the pits together, oddly enough we carried on racing after t1 inside each other's cars :dont-know: Weird enough to make me lose concentration and shunt Keith, who was in 3rd, off the track... :doh2: !
Dragos managed to capitalise moving up into 3rd, with Keith re-joining in 4th, and Sean slipping through into 5th. Eric pitting on lap 9, meant it was a battle for 4th now with Sean. Had a great few laps trying to pass and take 4th, but the car just felt too slippery to risk a late-braking manouvre. Pierre again looming ever closer made for a tense last lap, but these positions remained so ended up 5th, phew!!

Had great fun here, with some awesome racing and really enjoyed the car - thanks William :)

Funnily enough I tried messing around with the setup after the race, softening the suspension and biasing the brakes more towards the front wheels and started lapping consistently in the 1:19's lol. Oh well, maybe next time :wink2:

Lol, Thanks Lee. It is no detriment to be honest, if I had not cut the bus stop I would have hit the wall and lost the place to you anyway. The pangs of guilt hit at the final turn and I would not have been happy at the end.

Afterall it is a club race and should be enjoyed, if it was important the guilt would be worth it :rotfl:.

Agreed on the enjoyment element, and racing without guilt ... you excel in both areas mate ... but you just made a mistake and overcooked it a bit, doing what you could to recover without killing the car ... I know you would not intentionally cut, and you do not do this lap on lap, so I would have absolutely no qualms if you had maintained your position :thumb:

Still ... I like your ethics and attitude - this is why I did not let Ben hand me the win at Estoril as he tried to ... if I took it fair and square, then I am happy to say I earned it, but I need to know I actually did earn it, otherwise its a bit false and meaningless.

I just enjoyed having enough pace to keep Ben on his toes in that race and be clear of the chasing pack by some 11 or 12 seconds by the end ... that means more than being gifted the win to me.

EDIT: Great job on the vids Nuno mate :thumb:

• Andrew Evans

sweet... we're filling up nicely here...

greyed out guys at the bottom of the list (the maybes)... yer in danger of getting dropped off if you can't confirm participation....

• Matt Crouch

It's a song by the Horrors Ryan, this decade ;) Check out my connections, I knew someone at university who knew the sister of whoever the main guy is. That's right I'm practically famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%