RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Kieran Mcgeachy

What a great track for these cars, brilliant!!

Qualli erm cut track on hotlap, silly me was last on grid!!
RACE
got a cracking start got to 10th position, was battling for 7 laps with my dad (laurance lemon) and slowly catching s.vohs untill last corner going to pit my screen decides to freeze, really sorry if the car continued on a rampage and claimed somebody race!!

Overall a brilliant car to race in and super track, Thanks to rd and Eric for organising this event and Keith for the generosity to giving his setup, thanks guys

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Great vids and screenshots Dan, and no worries mate it happens, oh and thanks for coming back to try push me out but was car was severely banjaxed lol see u next week mate

Wanted to drive my BMS but it was just too squirly. Gave a few other cars a go but managed to get around 2s faster with the Audi so I stuck with that. Fun car, this!

Qualified 9th :D That's a win for me!

Race 1: I don't remember much of. I know I pulled into 8th quickly, and hovered around there the whole race, watching Rhys pull away from me lap by lap :(
Finished 7th.

Race 2: Started 2nd, got a great start and pulled into 1st. Held back the monsters that are the RD crew for about 5 laps. Dragos gave me a bit of a tap around T1 of lap 6(?) and put me into the wall, suspension problems. I pulled back onto the track in 7th I want to say, made my pit, tire changes, Keith pulled in behind me, and got out just ahead of me :( I tried to keep up with him but just couldn't. A few slips from others put me in 4th behind Keith. Next thing I know Andy is right on my tail. Struggled to keep him behind me for the rest of the race. Had a few slips but luckily so did he. My tires were destroyed after lap 12. Anyway, finished in 3rd somehow(Keith finished behind me?) and took 4th overall.

So far my best race ever :)
Never taken podium before! Well, 1st in a S2000 race awhile back, but that was luck!...Actually, this probably was too :p

Thanks for the race, RD and Staff! I had fun as always.

This was a fun race for me as I was really looking forward to the first Online test race of the Toledo mod. I worked great for me and I hope no one else had any problems either.

Qualified 4th, quite a bit off of Drago's blisteringly fast time of 118.9, but I was happy with it.

Race 1 - I didn't get a good start and lost some places. I then had a really hard time finding my groove, and Rhys was putting on the pressure. Somehow due to a few mistakes form others I moved into forth after the pits, and tried to catch Abdul, but to no avail.

Race 2 - another botched start, and was in 8th I think, I saw Dragos shoot by me and decided to take turn one with lots of caution as there were cars 3 wide in front of me Keith, Pierre, Rhys and Abdul were all very close together. This paid off as I was able to miss a collision and gained a spot or two. From there laps one and two were driven with a close pack and In lap 3 Dragos and Rhys had a bump. I was then in forth, but Abdul ran wide I think and I was able to move into third behind Laurance and Sean. A few laps later Laurance ran a little wide at the last turn and left me just enough room to move into second. A lap after that Sean ran wide in turn 2 and it was just me and my mental state left to try and win the race. Things went well and after the pit stop I had about 9 seconds on Dragos, but I started thinking too much and he was gaining quickly as I was making mistakes. I had about 3 laps left and 6 seconds of lead, and was able to concentrate long enough to hold on by about 4 seconds at the end. Ended in a tie for 2nd overall with Keith and Dragos taking first with some great driving. :)
Great racing with a fun group, thank you all and I will see you next week.

porsche_cup.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: Porsche 997 RSR CUP
Track:Magny-Cours Club
Weather: Dry
Start Time: 12:30GMT / 8:30pm EST / 5:30pm PST
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 10mins - Superpole
Race: 2x20 laps

Notes:
Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Skins
Need to be placed in :
\Steam\steamapps\<name>\race 07\Gamedata\Teams\GT_Sport_Addon\Porsche 997 GT3-RSR

- http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1015

Entrylist:

Entrylist:
  1. Sean Vohs
  2. Ryan Callan
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. John Sydenstricker
  5. Bob Luneski
  6. Keith Barrick
  7. Chris Buchanan
  8. Sam Beason
  9. Jacob Allison
  10. Eric Nelson
  11. Yves Larose
  12. Duane Kennard
  13. Rob Goldthorpe
  14. Pierre Higgins
  15. Gaynall Hudgins
  16. Marcel vd Aa
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying: 6th. I was expecting worse. :D

Race 1: Very eventful. I lost a spot to William at the start, and tried passing him for a lap or two, but to no avail. It was really fun racing all through, with passing and battling everywhere. After much of what is outlined in the previous sentence, I finished 5th.

Race 2: P3 start, but eventually fell back and ran off more times than I would have liked to. I was able to climb back up to 9th by the end of the race, with Abdul getting so very close behind me. I think we finished within less than a tenth of a second of each other. Great stuff.

Thanks to William for the excellent mod, and thanks to Eric and RD for hosting this event! :D

Porto:

Qualified with Pole 2.14.775

Race - Start wasn't very good by me. I've got passed by Paul and was following him nearly whole 1 lap at chicane Paul was quite Slow (for me :D) and I overtook him
down the inside of Finish striaght. At lap 2 down the braking Paul braked toolate cand crashed into tyre wall at turn 1. My pace was consistant 2.16-2.17. Hearing that only two people finished on server 2 and i haven't maded a single mistake or crash i feel
like "Porto Master" :D. I bringed win home :becky: :first:

Spa:
Qualified with second time 2.47.2 (i know it was rubbish :D)

Race - Quite good Start as i was on fire to Push poleman Paul Bordeau.
I lost a coupla positions at Lap 1 as i went slightly off but still i was 5th and 3 secs gad to leader. Very close race. Then Suddenly Paul had to pit because he had stop n' go for Jumped start and Jamie had a scrap. That made me from +3 secs gap to right into Bumper of Lewis.
Lewis was desprate to keep me behind so i decided to wait for some mistake by him, and he had but again he had enough gap to keep me behind when he was recovering. Later i passed him for the Lead. With
2 laps to go i went slightly with just a bit and then Neil with a "ninja
attack used my car quite as a brake. I think if my weren't be there he will
not make this corner. Quite annyoing that i haven;t received sorry buy no
problem. Few corners later i perfectly overtook him on last corner down the inside. Last lap Lewis tried to give a bit of pressure but i bringed home
again. Victory no*2 :first:

Estoril:
Qualified 1.59.xx (Quite gutted as i had splits for low 1.58 or even 1.57) all scrapped in last sector

Race - Good start by me i tried to pass Paul at turn 1 but he perfectly
saved that leading spot. Later there was a huge battle. Dan Neil and I plus
Kieran in the back had a blast so much fun!. After that when Neil collided with Dan. Kieran catched me because of this big fight :d and even more
i destroyed the tyres so i had big problems. Still tyres was enough to had a BUCKETS of fun while fighting with Kieran it was outstanding. This one of best races ever in my life and for sure Best DNF Race in my life because
at last lap my wheel was starting to falling off and that could be very dangerous so i decided to DNF. Great evening just a shame with quitters.
At Estoril We should switch to one server then it could be even more fun.

Thank you Andrew and RD

really enjoyed the porto track and spa until i crashed out... my feet was hurting for the last race so sorry sorry andrew i had to skip. overall i think these events are much better then endurance, becuase we have much more action and racing going on now on more challenging tracks.. thanks again everybody and greets from sunny holland....bjorn with his right feet up:(

Only managed one race but what a race it was!! Door bashing action for 11 laps of Spa with Paulo, Lee etc. but especially Cholet :D as we swapped positions every lap right to the flag but he eventually nipped me for 2nd, grats to Hermanator on the win and thanks to Andrew and RD for setting this up, hopefully see you all next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back