• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Porsche 997 RSR CUP @ Magny-Cours Club - Wed April 29th

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    I really want to hear people impressions of this event (short track, short race, 1 type of car). I might do more of these easy to learn tracks on weekdays

2. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a fan of shorter events. Ends up being closer, more heart pumping racing. Although I am sad when they're over.

3. Chris Buchanan

Chris Buchanan

Ratings:
    +0
    We'll see how this track goes but this feels more like a track we should run Timed events instead of Lapped events to make it last a touch longer.

So far I am really liking the selection of the single car and the short track, and am starting to get the feel of the track alot better. Personally that Chicane is nothing it's the Double 90's that are getting me

4. Jacob Allison

Jacob Allison

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, count me in... It'll be my first race xD

I'm having trouble spinning the cars out as well... I drive an Audi 200 (quattro) IRL in ralleycross and autocross, and I've been driving the FWD cars in game... the RWD cars are just being a pain.

Edit: The reason for this is because I'm not used to a RWD car with this much power, my last RWD car was an E30 BMW 325iS. >.< NOT inclined to power sliding xD.

5. Timothy Miller

Timothy Miller

Ratings:
    +4
    Agreed Chris, those double 90's are killing me 2!!!!

6. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Hey, welcome on board Jacob!!!!!!!!!! :skywalker:

7. Jacob Allison

Jacob Allison

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks Eric, it's awesome to be here.*

8. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a few of us in the server practicing if you want to join :)

9. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    I heard some decided to put their Porsche engine inside WTCC cars:)

10. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    Flat 6 powered Lacetti. GOOD LUCK KEEPING UP!:rotfl::skywalker:

11. Jacob Allison

Jacob Allison

Ratings:
    +0
    Some people were mentioning in the server that I was lagging pretty bad-- sorry about that, my connectin has been dropping packets all day. =(

Hopefully it'll be fine tomorrow?

12. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    OK all the usual suspects are here........................ok Mr. Gecko, you got me!

13. Duane Kennard

Duane Kennard

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just joined the RD mainly because I stumbled across this thread. I am new to 'Evo' and have been looking for a place to get some experience with the sim.

I am interested in asking permission to join this event but I have a coouple of questions.

Is this event using this mod?
    Porsche 997RSR / Ferrari F430 add-on for GTR Evo by scca1981.
    Version: 2.0

and

Could I join the race without installing the skin listed at the bottom of post #1?

Thanks,

Duane

14. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    Duane,

click the link on the event banner (1st post) for the track and car. no yu won't need that extra skin. there are plenty of skins in the pack already. you'll have to register at NO GRIP to get the car file.

hope you apease the POPE and get in this event!:victory:

15. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    ok managed to run a nice 41.856. this should be fun for sure! talk about precise! used a slightly adjusted Gregory deGReef online setup..:party2: steady 42.1-2 is more like it without all that lag and fuss of the other cars.

I predict Mr. barrick will be loving this as it reminds me of a kart track at one end and we know he's a slug in a kart............:rotfl:

16. Jacob Allison

Jacob Allison

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I wont be able to make it. =(

My internet is still completely shot, Comcast is saying there s a problem in my area but not when it will be fixed.

17. Chris Buchanan

Chris Buchanan

Ratings:
    +0
    Well keep at it... I would say show up for practice and see how it feels it you are running generally lag free then stick around otherwise you can bug out, Course that's just me talking anyway but we would love to have you if you can actually participate

18. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    I would have to agree with Chris. You can make practice then ask everyone else if you are lagging if it is so then just pull out.

19. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Yes to all your questions:) actually from some findings I dont think Sean should be even using that skin.

Come to play with us:) and welcome to RD.

20. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, you don't have to download the skin. It will just make my car look like a Porsche instead of a Lacetti. I'm honestly contemplating even using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.