Porsche 997 GT3 RSR [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not report content that is not yours, please read our Terms of Service,
And i suggest you alter your tone when asking for something.
The staff don't take kindly to demands in capital letters.
Jeez who made these rules :O_o:

I'm not asking anyway.... I'm assisting you guys in finding illegal content and using the report feature to notify you sooner..... if I'm not allowed to do that then this place is ****** up....

Nope that's demanding, not assisting.

We are aware of our rules and we work to our rules.
that why we introduced a Terms of Service.
and just because you don't see a instant change does not mean as staff we are not looking at it.;)
I STILL don't understand what the dilemma is..... It's illegal. If it's illegal, it gets removed. We have proof that it's illegal. If we have proof it gets removed.... Why the hesitation? Are you guys that desperate for page views?

Last edited:
Once again you don't seem to of read the terms of service.
You guys don't need to provide the proof.
We are quite capable as staff in doing our job and following the site rules.

i have nothing more to say in this matter.

At least you uploaded the updated version rather than the one that spread around earlier with half-done physics. That one was supposed to be private anyway due to its WIP status but it seems lots of people have made up their minds about the physics quality already and won't touch this one.

@Rupe Wilson So, anybody can just grab and upload anybody's work but you will only accept a report from the the original creator to take it down??
And you dont think thats something that needs to be revised?

@Rupe Wilson So, anybody can just grab and upload anybody's work but you will only accept a report from the the original creator to take it down??
And you dont think thats something that needs to be revised?

Why? If the original author does really seem to care about their stuff, and the fact it gets ported over, (Simbin usually does for example), they will report it and RD can easily take it down. That's clear.
If the original author doesn't seem to care at all, there is not much of a reason to keep removing these mods. I bet 99% of the people here prefer scratch made mods but for now there is no alternative Porsche to this yet, and this is pretty nicely done.

Im not going to get in to a debate about what is right and wrong.
I have my own views on such matters. But we have a terms of service for the site
and in there we have rules which we work to.
And as i stated earlier just because you don't see action on this straight away it does not mean that we as staff have ignored it.

The up loader is responsible for the uploaded as we have pointed out in the past.
And as you have seen many times now when it is reported correctly action is taken.

thank you for your understanding in this matter.

It says it's illegal. So stay true to your word RD, REMOVE IT. :coffee:

Where does it say it's illegal? It lists Turn10 as the original creator.. But you insist it's illegal. Does that mean you did the ILLEGAL conversion yourself? Unless you did the conversion, who are you to say for sure that whoever DID do it didn't get permission from someone at Turn10 to indeed use the car model? Not saying it's likely, but I'm not gonna say it's impossible. I could just take it down to keep 2 or 3 people from whining and pitching fits.... Or I could just leave it so that the other members can enjoy it. Either way, there will be people that bitch about it. I don't really care either way. I just thought it would be nice to actually have some files in the CAR section under the AC downloads. Did you go through all the videos on YouTube and leave crappy comments about ILLEGAL CONVERSION on those? What about the page where the car was uploaded to begin with?

@maclarenf1papa just wondering why is your corvette not available to download here?
As a general comment on the debate about conversion vs.. "pure" scratch mod creation, it seems that like for the tracks, there is a lot more conversion available, for obvious reasons, and if we had to rely on "pure" work, we would not have much to play with.
So for an average Joe like me, if I had to chose between those 2 category, I would choose conversion as they have much more to offer to me.
In an ideal world, all conversion would be 100% legit and authorized, but on the other hand, I have personally send MP to modders about tracks I would like to try in AC asking if it would be OK to convert their track and I have been ignored, a simple no thank you would have been better.

Im not going to get in to a debate about what is right and wrong.
I have my own views on such matters. But we have a terms of service for the site
Maybe time for a policy change, cause there are very few converts from published games that are legal... in the couple cases I can think of, the converter has no problem proving that the original authors allowed it.

Personally the policy pushes me away from uploading things to RD... I don't want it among all the "everyone knows it's illegal and doesn't talk about it" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%