Porsche 919 hybrid ERS settings

I've tried searching for the answer but can't seem to find much.

What exactly do the 5 different ERS settings do and how?

I've done a small amount of testing and the only difference that I could tell was the amount of charge left at the end of a lap.
Even when in charging mode the ERS is still deployed, just not as much. Keeping the steering wheel straight helps as when turning the wheel stops deployment in higher gears.

This is what Aris said:-

"The Low setting uses less battery, especially on higher speeds/gears
The High setting uses more battery in higher speeds/gears

The Preserve from Aggressive setting, changes how torque is transferred to the front wheels, depending on their slip and thus using more or less battery and heating/wearing more or less the front tyres. Obviously the aggressive setting will give faster lap times but put the front tyres in more stress as well as consume more battery/energy per lap.

Keep in mind that LMP1 drivers use as low a setting as possible and manually boost the ERS with the button in order to overtake slower cars or defend their position"

In the recent club race, "Low Preserve" and using the manual button on the straight gave me decent and consistent lap times . In qualification I used "High Aggressive" with the manual ERS button.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back