Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 @ Circuit de la Sarthe

Vincent.C

Another WEC driver !
Hi everybody,

I currently trying to challenge real Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016 on Le Mans (circuit de la Sarthe) but I'm not very fast. I think my setup are bad and I'm trying to improve it.

My faster lap on this track is 3:33:000 with a 919 Hy 2016. Record with this car is about 3:19:500 in my mind. How can you setup your car in this track to have huge grip in fast corner with a good speed on Muslanne Straight (310-315 kmh) ?

I think my main issue is about spring / car height and bumpers.

Thank for your help.

Update (January the 6th): Fastest lap is 3.30.214. How to win 10 secondes... ?

Last edited:
Use less packers for more suspension travel, and focus on the heave springs to control squat at high speeds.

I think these cars are not as fast as their real life counterparts because I can't go under 3:25, no matter how well I drive.

I run 4 front aero and 1 rear aero, and pretty low 14 front and 22 rear.

I'm sure there's some alien out there that can do sub 3:20's but that ain't me.

Use less packers for more suspension travel, and focus on the heave springs to control squat at high speeds.

I think these cars are not as fast as their real life counterparts because I can't go under 3:25, no matter how well I drive.

I run 4 front aero and 1 rear aero, and pretty low 14 front and 22 rear.

I'm sure there's some alien out there that can do sub 3:20's but that ain't me.
Ty for your help. I use 3 front aero and 1 rear aero. I will try 4:1. Are you sure about heave spring ?

About real car performance I dont know but I cannot use others than Low ERS mode to have enough Yellow bar power.

I made my better lap on low-preserve, maybe I need more torque on front wheels.

I use charging mode, and only boost up to the start of 6th gear only on the long straights. Other than that I only use boost to keep from spinning out because I use 5/12 TC.

Yes on the heave springs, use setting 1 on spring rate, use 4 4 on the heave spring rate and only use 130 packers with default suspension travel. You'll be able to fly over the chicanes on the permanent circuit part of the lap. I gained over a second per lap just tuning for the chicanes. And you want stable braking for Indianapolis because you should start your braking in the right kink before the left hander.

How fast are you going into the Porsche curves? You should be entering ~220kph and keep it in 5th all the way through.

For the moment, I start first right turn at 200/205 kph, accelerate over 245 kph on thé second and third curves (Pont curve) and brake again at 190/200 to pass the two latest corners (Corvette corners) because with more speed I break the white line on exit (making my lap invalid).

193264tmp21315IMG201701071009401509931457.png

Can you post your setup file here ? (To review setup balance).

Last edited:
Heyy,
I used 2/1 downforce, highest front springs, lowest on rear and a 2/3 ARB setting. Almost everything else is default and I can run a 3.26. Im gonna try 4/1 and tell you later how it works.

As I use lowest on rear I have good traction and grip out of the chicanes while highest on front make the car more precise (thats how it feels to me)

Sure, not sure at 100% but for me:
- high front / low rear create understeer
- low front / high rear create oversteer

For @RobyF1, look his profile you will show amazing hotlap on spa, redbull ring... with setup. He drives F1 and 919 at Spa as fast as real drivers... omg. But he doesn't run Le Mans so I hope he will read this a day and will break track record !!!

I just start trying this car at Le Mans myself. So far only tried the 2016 version. Are the 2 different laptime wise at Le Mans?

I've been playing with how to use the hybrid system and so far method I've been using seem pretty complicated but seems to be working(~3:30 so far, probably can do 3:29s, might need to play with suspension/aero more). I've used charging for most of the lap. Use the button at Tertre Rouge, Exit of chicane 1 and 2, exit of Mulsanne's Corner, and exit of Arnage. On the run down to Porsche curve switch to Low Aggressive and run that to end the lap, if any boost left use between finish of Porsche curve to the Ford Chicane. Switch back to Charging on the way down to Dunlop Chicane. Since 2016 car only use the ERS automatically up to 260kph that's what I basically use the button to anyway. And running aero at 1/1 it'll do 320kph-ish without hybrid by itself. I might run more downforce I guess reading here, and try the suspension setup mentioned here. I also want to try the 2015 car without the 300kw limit that 2016 car has.

Real fastest lap with Hybrid 2015 are 3.16.887 and for Hybrid 2016 it was 3.19.773.
So 2015 model was a little bit faster.

Like you it's difficult to manage properly ERS deployement !

Yeah I am curious how different are they in the game. A few tracks I've tried the 2016 is faster but it has less ERS power it feels like. Kunos said as much since its running on the limited 300kw Le Mans version.

But the energy available is in mega joules. So if there's less power deployed, that means you can deploy longer.

For example, in F1 you can deploy 4 mega joules per lap, at a power rate of 120kW, which is about 33.33 seconds per lap. If you double the power rate, or 240kW, you would only be able to deploy 16.66 seconds per lap.

Extending that analogy to the Porsche, if you have 8mj per lap but can only deploy 300kW instead of 480kW then you'll be able to deploy for a longer period of time, albeit at a lower power rate.

Meaning the energy deployed is the same, it's just done at a slower rate, it will inevitably balance out.

I guess it depends on how its used too. If you press the button it defaults to max output? Would you use it less also(as in needing to hold the button less) when you are using the 480kw everytime? It certainly seem from a few places I get to Vmax earlier with the 2015 car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back