Resource icon

Cars Porsche 919 EVO 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Should it show up as a separate car with the same name? Cant see the difference between them in the car selection page, since they have same stats and name there. What am I doing wrong?

1:41.084: Breaking the Porsche 919 Evo Spa Lap Record in Assetto Corsa
by Justin on RaceDepartment

Here is my successful attempt at breaking the record. Not much to change setup wise, just increase the front spoiler to 6, lower rear wing to 1, change to hard tyres, lower fuel, boost the final drive gear to the highest and push each gear up a notch or two. :)
Wish I'd read this before I had a go at Spa this morning... I increased the rear wing from 4 to 5 lol. I did up the gear ratios and was using the medium tires and managed a 1:43.080 with a theoretical best of 1:42.874. In my defence this was my first run in the car and I only had 30 mins ;) I'll have another go tomorrow with your settings :p

Apparently Porsche is currently doing timed runs on the Nordschleife with this beast... so far I haven't seen any leaked numbers, but some speculate a 5:10 is reachable..

btw, did anyone ever release the correct skin for this car?

Apparently Porsche is currently doing timed runs on the Nordschleife with this beast... so far I haven't seen any leaked numbers, but some speculate a 5:10 is reachable..

btw, did anyone ever release the correct skin for this car?
I made a thread about this in the motorsports section (so far no responses!). Sub 5 minute looks possible but we should be looking at around 5:10 or faster.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-the-all-time-nordschleife-lap-record.153191/

Not seen anyone else post a skin as yet. If only the headlight glass was separate from the windscreen in the UV, and then we'd be able to blank it out. I've no intention of making the skin though as the one posted is pretty good.

That is freaking nuts!! but so awesome! I didnt expect that car to just be a hair under 3 minutes, I guess with a bit more practice 2:55 would be possible!

Maybe haha, Le Mans isn't one of my best tracks!

I did some runs at the weekend:
Spa: 1:41.270
Silverstone: 1:27.847
Le Mans (with chicaines): 2:54.540
Nordschleife: 5:00.777

Also note I took the RSS F-Hybrid 2018 around Le Mans as well and did a 2:58.141 - the 919 evo is faster down the straights, about the same in the corners, but the F1 car is much better on the brakes.

I'll post the videos when I've uploaded them.

This car is probably a little too fast, but who cares when it's soooo much fun! :D:D

Also note I took the RSS F-Hybrid 2018 around Le Mans as well and did a 2:58.141 - the 919 evo is faster down the straights, about the same in the corners, but the F1 car is much better on the brakes.

This car is probably a little too fast, but who cares when it's soooo much fun! :D:D

"The car is probably a little too fast" okay time for you to take that thing around a track and push it to the limit, I dont care if it scares you to the point of breaking down in tears! this car is fast! period! (insert sarcasm)

"The car is probably a little too fast" okay time for you to take that thing around a track and push it to the limit, I dont care if it scares you to the point of breaking down in tears! this car is fast! period! (insert sarcasm)
Not saying I wasn't pushing it to the (my) limit, apart from nordschleife, where I have to back off a few percent because it's such a long track and don't want to crash. Just meant that it has so much downforce it flatters my talent, or lack there of, a little - I normally can't get within a second of real life times, normally at least 1-2 seconds off, so in theory I shouldn't have been able to do better than a 1:42.8 around Spa. The car certainly doesn't scare me... you can pretty much just throw it into any corner at seemingly impossible speeds and it will grip. It's so much fun and just encourages you to go faster! :D:D

Would have loved to get under 5 mins at nordschleife though, but its mainly about ERS management, as the battery doesn't charge fast enough to leave it in hotlap mode for the whole lap - you pretty much need a full battery for going along the döttinger höhe, so I was switching to 'high-aggressive' as much as I dared get away with. Was most pleased with my Le Mans lap out of those I think as I don't think I could get much more out of it.

Spa 2nd attempt: Out, fast, re-charge, fastest. Fastest lap was a bit scruffy I felt, so guess I could have gone a little quicker:

Not saying I wasn't pushing it to the (my) limit, apart from nordschleife, where I have to back off a few percent because it's such a long track and don't want to crash. Just meant that it has so much downforce it flatters my talent, or lack there of, a little - I normally can't get within a second of real life times, normally at least 1-2 seconds off, so in theory I shouldn't have been able to do better than a 1:42.8 around Spa. The car certainly doesn't scare me... you can pretty much just throw it into any corner at seemingly impossible speeds and it will grip. It's so much fun and just encourages you to go faster! :D:D

Would have loved to get under 5 mins at nordschleife though, but its mainly about ERS management, as the battery doesn't charge fast enough to leave it in hotlap mode for the whole lap - you pretty much need a full battery for going along the döttinger höhe, so I was switching to 'high-aggressive' as much as I dared get away with. Was most pleased with my Le Mans lap out of those I think as I don't think I could get much more out of it.

Spa 2nd attempt: Out, fast, re-charge, fastest. Fastest lap was a bit scruffy I felt, so guess I could have gone a little quicker:
Yep it's best to enjoy it for what it is. Neither this (especially this) nor any of the Kunos LMP cars are anywhere near accurate.

If anyone wants me to elaborate, send a PM.

pretty sure the brakes in this car are worse than the ones on the real thing. Found myself braking at about 150-200 meters for last chicane at spa...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%